Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: upgrading to a d800

Default Re: upgrading to a d800

Small but significant point - when shoot test charts make sure you at 90 degrees to target, target is mount on a flat and well parallel to camera plane. otherwise all the tests are worthless - slanted camera or wall will distort the test.

For those buying test at shop. use at least 4 aperature settings - yr most common, the 2nd small f-stop, wide open, one stop down from wide open. Use a shutter speed that is at least 1/160 allow the iso to go as high as you need to shoot at min 1/160.

Quote Originally Posted by bradjohnny View Post
    WOW where were you?! Sounds fun man. Sweet, i'll be going to peru and buenos aires end of the month so it will go to +35 and sometimes under rain and more rain... hahahas.

ah right, so i'll guess i'll mount it up at home and do my checks on a couple of test charts..

again, thanks guys! i'll update you guys on how is coming along.

One of the silent killers in the nikon range.

I use this combination with very good result. It most probably is operator error. Roughly unless you know what you are doing and can do it - if shooting at 300mm you best be at bear min 1/250 to 1/400 with VR on, handshake from improper holding is epidemic amongst young in craft hobbyists. I have done shots successfully with this at 1/60 @300mm, with VR on. 3 short burst at least min70% hit rate but I would not
    shoot every shot at that setting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ellery View Post
    Small but significant point - when shoot test charts make sure you at 90 degrees to target, target is mount on a flat and well parallel to camera plane. otherwise all the tests are worthless - slanted camera or wall will distort the test.

For those buying test at shop. use at least 4 aperature settings - yr most common, the 2nd small f-stop, wide open, one stop down from wide open. Use a shutter speed that is at least 1/160 allow the iso to go as high as you need to shoot at min 1/160.
    Shooting at 1/160 may not be the best in shops with florescent lighting. Best stick to 1/100.

woah thanks guys for the enlightening the "d800 aka 70-300mm VR shake" doubt!!!!! HUAT!
    Redraw Your Boundaries.

okay, been using it for a couple of days now... one word, amazing. managed to get it at a decent price too...

anybody who is still considering upgrading to one, get it. provided you have the lens to back it up though, this baby requires a serious investment of glass.... camera was perfect, tested it at the store, tested it back home. thanks guys for the help.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bradjohnny View Post
    okay, been using it for a couple of days now... one word, amazing. managed to get it at a decent price too...

anybody who is still considering upgrading to one, get it. provided you have the lens to back it up though, this baby requires a serious investment of glass.... camera was perfect, tested it at the store, tested it back home. thanks guys for the help.
    Congrats on your purchase!

Closing this thread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123