Thread: Purchasing High Speed Film - X-Ray Risk?

Default Purchasing High Speed Film - X-Ray Risk?

I was about to purchase some high speed (ISO 1600) film from Japan, but I stumbled on the X-Ray factor. Does anyone know if they do X-ray scanning for airmail or any form of shipping? Or alternatively can I ship to VPost Japan then to Singapore and avoid the scanning if any?

Please advice
    Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by theITguy
    I was about to purchase some high speed (ISO 1600) film from Japan, but I stumbled on the X-Ray factor. Does anyone know if they do X-ray scanning for airmail or any form of shipping? Or alternatively can I ship to VPost Japan then to Singapore and avoid the scanning if any?

Please advice
    Christopher
    Don't know anything about buying from Japan,

Hadbought Fuji Neopan 1600 from US. No scanning. No problems.

Ive purchased Fuji Natura 1600 from Japan, shipped via POST Japan, and there were no problems, but I might have been fortunate. The official word is that everything is scanned, but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by theITguy

Please advice
    Christopher
    Took 7 rolls of Neopan 1600 to Paris, Venice, went through x-rays a few times, none of the rolls fogged. Took 1 of the leftover roll went through Hong Kong and Bangkok, used it, developed it, no fogging.

Don't worry about it, airport's x-ray technology from the developed countries are generally quite safe, so far.

Thanks for the prompt replies. Anyone care for some Natura 1600?