Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 77 of 77

Thread: Ok to travel to a few countries?

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,181

    Default

    Was looking at the Google maps n found out that bratislava is near to vienna, only an hr plus train ride. If I can make it, maybe go over in the noon n back at evening. Making it 11 countries in total. On top of that, train ride to there is free as I got the eurail global pass.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  2. #62

    Default

    Dude I just came back from Europe. 14 days 4 countries. Rushing as hell. Take your time. Seriously. You can always go again...

  3. #63

    Default Re: Ok to travel to a few countries?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Was looking at the Google maps n found out that bratislava is near to vienna, only an hr plus train ride. If I can make it, maybe go over in the noon n back at evening. Making it 11 countries in total. On top of that, train ride to there is free as I got the eurail global pass.
    Yes, Bratislava is near Vienna. I suppose you would need to check what you want to photograph in Bratislava and Vienna before making that decision. I believe the Autumn Rail timetable is out by now. When I was travelling in Europe almost 30 years ago, I relied on the Thomas Cook Railway Timetable. Of course, this was the dark ages before the internet.

    By the way, have you sorted out your currencies yet? Most places use Euro, but not all. Trying to find places to change your currencies can be a pain in the neck. You would need to check which are the weekends because banks don't open so you need to have the currency in hand before that. On my time, there were Belgium, French and Swiss Francs, East and West Deutchmarks, Italian Lira, etc. Life is much easier with the Euro these days.

  4. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,181

    Default Re: Ok to travel to a few countries?

    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Yes, Bratislava is near Vienna. I suppose you would need to check what you want to photograph in Bratislava and Vienna before making that decision. I believe the Autumn Rail timetable is out by now. When I was travelling in Europe almost 30 years ago, I relied on the Thomas Cook Railway Timetable. Of course, this was the dark ages before the internet.

    By the way, have you sorted out your currencies yet? Most places use Euro, but not all. Trying to find places to change your currencies can be a pain in the neck. You would need to check which are the weekends because banks don't open so you need to have the currency in hand before that. On my time, there were Belgium, French and Swiss Francs, East and West Deutchmarks, Italian Lira, etc. Life is much easier with the Euro these days.
    I will be walking from one station to another in Bratislava. Will be taking time lapse at the UFO deck and the famous paparazzi restaurant (closed ) The train to there, I already wrote down the train number and timing. But if, I can make it for sunset at UFO deck, (which a bit out of the way as I need to turn back after the memorial further up)I will be going for a 20:45 train and back to Vienna nearly 10pm!

    I only need GBP, Euro and Swiss Franc (I withdraw from ATM for CHF as it's almost the end before I reach there). I will convert some Euro to Crown when I reach Prague.

    Now is going into finer detail of the route. Having moon cake at London, going for a spa in Prague (ops! ), staying at top of Europe etc. Do I have another 40 years of life to do such things? Even got, at 80, it's impossible, haha!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default

    When in Vienna, take the scenic train ride to Semmering. It is about 1.5 hours ride. And take a hike along the walking trail in Semmering which takes about 2 hours.

    I have fond memories of that place.

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    When in Vienna, take the scenic train ride to Semmering. It is about 1.5 hours ride. And take a hike along the walking trail in Semmering which takes about 2 hours.

    I have fond memories of that place.
    No way I will do that. Not enough time plus almost a day gone for that. Thanks btw.

    Luckily tally itinerary with train tickets as I did not book according to plan as I thought I am correct. But got good n bad too, ha ha!

    Few more days to go n hopes the weather are mostly ok for me n time lapse. Will not enter any building that tripods not allow n also, my bags will be considering too big for most. Most structures quite nice on exterior, should be ok for me. Few more booking n I am ready for the adventure!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  7. #67
    Senior Member shierwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    3,334

    Default Re: Ok to travel to a few countries?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    No way I will do that. Not enough time plus almost a day gone for that. Thanks btw.

    Luckily tally itinerary with train tickets as I did not book according to plan as I thought I am correct. But got good n bad too, ha ha!

    Few more days to go n hopes the weather are mostly ok for me n time lapse. Will not enter any building that tripods not allow n also, my bags will be considering too big for most. Most structures quite nice on exterior, should be ok for me. Few more booking n I am ready for the adventure!
    All the best in your adventures and keep us posted on the various phases of your travel

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,181

    Default Re: Ok to travel to a few countries?

    Quote Originally Posted by shierwin View Post
    All the best in your adventures and keep us posted on the various phases of your travel
    Thanks and will try to. Just done my LFC stadium tour and booking Ferrari driving at Italy next week. F458 got new model but extra 100 euro, not worth for me, heh heh! Also a good chance for me to slim down from the walking, less makan and rest, haha!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  9. #69

    Default Re: Ok to travel to a few countries?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Few more days to go n hopes the weather are mostly ok for me n time lapse. Will not enter any building that tripods not allow n also, my bags will be considering too big for most. Most structures quite nice on exterior, should be ok for me. Few more booking n I am ready for the adventure!
    How is your countdown? May I presume you have bought travel insurance? Do let them know the equipment you will be carrying, just in case.

    Have a safe trip.

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,181

    Default Re: Ok to travel to a few countries?

    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    How is your countdown? May I presume you have bought travel insurance? Do let them know the equipment you will be carrying, just in case.

    Have a safe trip.
    If equipment need to declare, I think I will be paying more as it's individual protection. I just brought overall for $110 (50% discount during mar), hopes I am safe with my stuffs, finger cross.

    Flying off soon, just brought e-ticket for Edinburgh transport and also, check the tides timing. Should be ok to go liao, luggage almost done. All require e-ticket, itinerary etc. printed, home stay and hotels confirmed. Just need me to be there to complete the task. Not to forget to slim down and also, enjoy some nice UK/European food (NO MAGGI MEE for me!) haha!

    Btw, thanks for the support. Will try my best to produce a good time lapse video.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  11. #71
    Member guseliz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Enjoy.. have fun and happy shooting..

    Don't forget to share some pics with us

  12. #72

    Default Re: Ok to travel to a few countries?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Should be ok to go liao, luggage almost done.
    If you are backpacking, have you tried putting in all your stuff and lug it around the block a few times? The first time I went backpacking, I took a "test drive" with my backpack and promptly removed quite a few items.

    Would you want to take a photocopy of the relevant pages of your passport and keep it separately? Should **** happens, at least you can go to the Embassy and have some sort of proof your your nationality to get help.

    Be good; if you cannot be good, be safe. Bring condoms. Very expensive there.

  13. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post

    If you are backpacking, have you tried putting in all your stuff and lug it around the block a few times? The first time I went backpacking, I took a "test drive" with my backpack and promptly removed quite a few items.

    Would you want to take a photocopy of the relevant pages of your passport and keep it separately? Should **** happens, at least you can go to the Embassy and have some sort of proof your your nationality to get help.

    Be good; if you cannot be good, be safe. Bring condoms. Very expensive there.
    My main luggage will be at hotel. Camera equipment with me when outside. Will be heavy but also good for me to do more workout, ha ha!

    Should be ok if need to go embassy as they sure got my information. Will be extra careful over there. For that stuff, no extra energy for it, ha ha!

    Some more minor adjustments n ready to go! I will be back!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  14. #74

    Default Re: Ok to travel to a few countries?

    Safe travels. Looks like one heckuva adventure!
    -------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

  15. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zichar View Post
    Safe travels. Looks like one heckuva adventure!
    Thanks and yup, almost kill me on first day. But from the time lapse that I got, really worth. Hope to cut down some weight too. Heh heh! Back to sleep, 1.5 hrs later, out again.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  16. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,181

    Default

    Till now, there are ups n downs for me. But I still have 3 weeks to go! Anyway, I did my homework well n got quite smooth for most.

    Just that I will not take photos for other as my bag almost got taken away by another as one ask me to take for him. Esp night time, phone can't take that well, just tell them you don't know how to use it for the night. Ha ha!

    Sign off from Berlin, 2145 now, 345 at sg. Heh heh!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  17. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,181

    Default Re: Ok to travel to a few countries?

    Adventure over! Lost my passport as it's inside a plastic pouch and I might have "pull" it out together with the phone. Back track and cannot find (few hours already) and now, got to back to Singapore. Next time will go again and start from where I ended. Should have left passport in hotel but got no safe for it.

    Anyway, thanks for support and I got what I wanted, happy enough. Will be more wise next time, esp on those important stuffs like $, passport etc. Will do whatever I can to the time lapse, nothing much btw, also not that solid, haha! TC to all.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •