Thread: Best wifi camera for posting photos online

Default Best wifi camera for posting photos online

Can anyone recommend a wifi camera that very easily can transfer photos to iPhone to post online. Please dun suggest iPhone as I am looking for something better. Also I need it to be compact and light and less than $500. Preferably focal length of 28 mm and above. I dun like 24 mm FOV. There are quite a few brands like Samsung and canon etc but need some user recommendations. Have tried eye fi and flashair. Eye fi is a creaking pain in the ass to set up and flashair is too slow n troublesome.
    I have a near-mint Olympus E-620 Underwater Case for Sale. PM me for a great deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Oly5050 View Post
    Can anyone recommend a wifi camera that very easily can transfer photos to iPhone to post online. Please dun suggest iPhone as I am looking for something better. Also I need it to be compact and light and less than $500. Preferably focal length of 28 mm and above. I dun like 24 mm FOV. There are quite a few brands like Samsung and canon etc but need some user recommendations. Have tried eye fi and flashair. Eye fi is a creaking pain in the ass to set up and flashair is too slow n troublesome.
    samsung s4

Nex 5R.

HTC one. Sony xperia z. ;-)
    Alpha

Default Re: Best wifi camera for posting photos online

Why not just get the Samsung Galaxy Camera. Don't even need to transfer photo.

If you want really good image quality, consider a DSLR with wifi then. Something like the Canon 6D.....
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Thanks. But Im looking for something less than $500 and without contract. Saw a few wifi for like $200-300 and do not want to spent more than $500 to get that capability. Also, DSLR is out of the question. Its just too big and bulky.
    Last edited by Oly5050; 25th May 2013 at 04:47 PM.
    I have a near-mint Olympus E-620 Underwater Case for Sale. PM me for a great deal!

Take a look at Nikon P330? AW110?

I think the Samsung DV150F would be quite nifty for those social photography. It has a 2nd LCD screen in front for that self portrait framing. Frankly at this price point, there wouldn't be much difference in the image quality among all the different brands.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    I think the Samsung DV150F would be quite nifty for those social photography. It has a 2nd LCD screen in front for that self portrait framing. Frankly at this price point, there wouldn't be much difference in the image quality among all the different brands.
    Thanks. IQ not that impt. Better than iPhone 4 can already. But most impt must be handy and easy to transfer images. Bec if its difficult user wun end up transferring

Canon powershot N seem small enough? and with wifi.
    Think the RRP is less than $400.

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by huatman View Post
    Canon powershot N seem small enough? and with wifi.
    Think the RRP is less than $400.
    Thanks. I have checked out the samsung and will check out the powershot N.

Have looked at the Nikon S800C and I think its a little expensive and a little biggish.

ClubSNAP Admin

Lumix LF-1

Quote Originally Posted by Oly5050 View Post
    Thanks. I have checked out the samsung and will check out the powershot N.

Have looked at the Nikon S800C and I think its a little expensive and a little biggish.

Blog Entries

Nikon AW110, water proof, shock proof too

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Lumix LF-1
    Interesting!! Thanks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Lumix LF-1
    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    Nikon AW110, water proof, shock proof too
    Both are good. I have actually quite specific criteria.

It must be small and compact. Good image quality - better than iphone 4s/5. Equivalent Focal length 28 mm onwards (no 24mm for me!)
    All weather is a bonus although not critical. So both LF-1 and AW110 are good suggestions!! Thanks again! Another good thing is that the panny has got sweep panorama! I like! - (Oh...the Nikon AW110 apparently also has!)

While looking at LF-1, I saw TZ40 which I will also consider. Only bad thing is that its focal length starts at 24 mm equivalent.
    Last edited by Oly5050; 6th June 2013 at 06:09 PM.

Actually found that panasonic gives the best wifi. You can transfer as you shoot. Looking at fx90 and tough.