Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 328434851525354555863 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1299

Thread: Ricoh GR

Default Re: Ricoh GR

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Philip, great shots. You Catholic also?
    Yes, Felixcat8888, 8 year old Catholic.
    GR,K2,K3, DA15Ltd, 10-24 f 3.5-4.5, K135 f2.8, K55 f1.8, Q, Q2K, Q10, 01020306,FA31,FA100WR

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipKr35 View Post
    Yes, Felixcat8888, 8 year old Catholic.
    Me since 1988
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Quote Originally Posted by hjbyeo View Post
    I wanna sign up!!! And I am looking forward to the first meet up.

Could we also do the sign up during the meet up? ... okay I know I am a "trouble-maker".

2 or 3 shots Panoramic shot using the GR + GW3.

Lovely! Always.

Finally got myself a GH3 + GW3, and DB-65 extra battery from click! today for my upcoming trip. I must've been so happy with the purchase, I didnt realize they dont provide me with receipt
    Anyway, I'm happy with the wide angle, glad I bought before the trip to Japan, I initially planning to get it there

Questions for fellow Ricoh users, what settings would you use if you ask passers-by to take picture for you? Is Auto enough? Sounds stupid, but most of the pictures I got in the past were miss-focus, they were focused on background.
    And also, any other alternative than getting strangers for help? Is gorillapod a good solution? I checked Challenger Funan today, they don't sell Joby any more.

Quote Originally Posted by d3vilZ View Post
    Finally got myself a GH3 + GW3, and DB-65 extra battery from click! today for my upcoming trip. I must've been so happy with the purchase, I didnt realize they dont provide me with receipt
    Anyway, I'm happy with the wide angle, glad I bought before the trip to Japan, I initially planning to get it there

Questions for fellow Ricoh users, what settings would you use if you ask passers-by to take picture for you? Is Auto enough? Sounds stupid, but most of the pictures I got in the past were miss-focus, they were focused on background.
    And also, any other alternative than getting strangers for help? Is gorillapod a good solution? I checked Challenger Funan today, they don't sell Joby any more.
    To solve my problem similar to yours, I am planning to get a Manfrotto pixi. Not sure it will work out for me or not.
    Ricoh GR APS-C

It's never good to ask passerby to take photos for u , haven't u watch Mr Bean in the park ?

Anyway, there is one young guy Kent in Clubsnap , who is using GRDIV, he has some kind of hand held monopod, very small which he hold the GRIV in front of him n able to take self photos, it's good. I forgot his nickname on CS. I am also looking for this" stick" monopod.

Kent , are u reading this?

Finally got myself a GH3 + GW3, and DB-65 extra battery from click! today for my upcoming trip. I must've been so happy with the purchase, I didnt realize they dont provide me with receipt Anyway, I'm happy with the wide angle, glad I bought before the trip to Japan, I initially planning to get it there Questions for fellow Ricoh users, what settings would you use if you ask passers-by to take picture for you? Is Auto enough? Sounds stupid, but most of the pictures I got in the past were miss-focus, they were focused on background. And also, any other alternative than getting strangers for help? Is gorillapod a good solution? I checked Challenger Funan today, they don't sell Joby any more.
    GR,K2,K3, DA15Ltd, 10-24 f 3.5-4.5, K135 f2.8, K55 f1.8, Q, Q2K, Q10, 01020306,FA31,FA100WR

focusing on the background? doesnt sound like something that the Auto mode can help..maybe its what make it worse? cause if you let the camera decide the focus point for you..it might not focus on the subject you want..what i usually do is just pass the camera as it is to the person..i tend to shoot in AV mode and using only the center focus point so maybe i will just select the aperture then pass to the person..people (unless they are into photography as well) will like to place the people in the center of frame so by using only the center focus point..it usually help...

some more ideas how to do self portrait :P

It's never good to ask passerby to take photos for u , haven't u watch Mr Bean in the park ?

Anyway, there is one young guy Kent in Clubsnap , who is using GRDIV, he has some kind of hand held monopod, very small which he hold the GRIV in front of him n able to take self photos, it's good. I forgot his nickname on CS. I am also looking for this" stick" monopod.

Haha. of course, not any passers-by. I just do a search, are you talking about something like this? http://www.quikpod.com/explorerII-monopod-tripod.html Any shop selling this here in Singapore?

Quote Originally Posted by Yamakasi View Post
    focusing on the background? doesnt sound like something that the Auto mode can help..maybe its what make it worse? cause if you let the camera decide the focus point for you..it might not focus on the subject you want..what i usually do is just pass the camera as it is to the person..i tend to shoot in AV mode and using only the center focus point so maybe i will just select the aperture then pass to the person..people (unless they are into photography as well) will like to place the people in the center of frame so by using only the center focus point..it usually help...
    Ah, you give me idea, probably I can set it on snap focus, considering the distance that person taking picture for me. Of course it won't work if he improvise and move further away

Yes, that's exactly like what I saw.

Haha. of course, not any passers-by. I just do a search, are you talking about something like this? http://www.quikpod.com/explorerII-monopod-tripod.html Any shop selling this here in Singapore? Ah, you give me idea, probably I can set it on snap focus, considering the distance that person taking picture for me. Of course it won't work if he improvise and move further away

yes lol

Haha. of course, not any passers-by. I just do a search, are you talking about something like this? http://www.quikpod.com/explorerII-monopod-tripod.html Any shop selling this here in Singapore?
    yes this is similar to what Philip is talking about. i use a similar monopod bought from ebay. not sure which shop in singapore sells them.

ebay link http://www.ebay.com/itm/Self-portrai...item53f9bb0c67

good for shooting interesting angles and self group shots

can try the istabilizer monopod
    http://www.istabilizer.com/store/products/monopod.html

local dealer http://www.manda-sg.com/Manda/contact.php

best to call and check before going down.
    Olympus E-PM2 + Panasonic G6 + 12mm + 45mm + 45-175mm, Asus Vivotab Note 8, Blackberry Q5

anyone using remote shutter release for GR? search ebay but cant find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by liveevil View Post
    anyone using remote shutter release for GR? search ebay but cant find anything.
    Join GR Club Singapore n get to buy CA-2 cable release for GR at $28(UP$69)
    https://www.facebook.com/GRSingapore

uh huh, totally worth it

Join GR Club Singapore n get to buy CA-2 cable release for GR at $28(UP$69)
    https://www.facebook.com/GRSingapore

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Khaw View Post
    uh huh, totally worth it
    will you be at the GR club meeting on fri?

Those who coming for the event 11th Oct Friday, take note that event is held at unit #01-01 Far East Square, 49 Pekin St, it is a corner lot. I would try to seek permission to display a poster on the window.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelLee View Post
    Those who coming for the event 11th Oct Friday, take note that event is held at unit #01-01 Far East Square, 49 Pekin St, it is a corner lot. I would try to seek permission to display a poster on the window.
    Are there car parks nearby?
    Pentaxian for Life

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Are there car parks nearby?
    Capital Square car park just next to it.
    China Square car park
    Roadside car park lots along telok Ayer street, then walk a bit After 5pm , $1.00/hr . Bus bay lot cannot park, kena saman.
    Last edited by PhilipKr35; 10th October 2013 at 02:12 PM.

Capital Square car park just next to it.China Square car park
    Thanks Philip
    Pentaxian for Life