Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 20354043444546475055 ... LastLast

Thread: Ricoh GR

Default Re: Ricoh GR

Quote Originally Posted by subatoyo View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance, doesn't the wonderful cam come with strap?y bother to zhng here zhng there,the intention of its original design is to make it as discreet as possible ,so that we can shoot the subject in a snap? No offence, Monday blue, just asking for fun.
    I agree with you, I like to use the stock strap. But beside it is a great camera for street, some of us exploit the small form factor + the picture quality for different subject that don't require discreet just look at these nice landscape, travel, food, macro, portrait photos shared here.
    Last edited by sanfong; 5th August 2013 at 09:12 AM.

Red ring of fire, Red neck strap of vanity!
    Still new in the packaging!

Sorry for my ignorance, doesn't the wonderful cam come with strap?y bother to zhng here zhng there,the intention of its original design is to make it as discreet as possible ,so that we can shoot the subject in a snap? No offence, Monday blue, just asking for fun.
    GR,K2,K3, DA15Ltd, 10-24 f 3.5-4.5, K135 f2.8, K55 f1.8, Q, Q2K, Q10, 01020306,FA31,FA100WR

I don't think it's fair to assume that everybody is buying a GR for the sole reason of discreetness. That's like assuming that ppl only buy Ferrari cars to drive fast.

I have to say the black strap given is a bit too long for certain hands/wrists. It's more likely to slip off my smaller hands.

Attempts were made to try with existing neck straps that I have, just made the camera feel more cumbersome.

I like the 1 dollar strap in my earlier 'zhng', since it fits my hand/wrist to a T at minimal cost, keep it minimalist and discreet as u have indicated.

While I get ur point about the reasons for getting the Gr, I don't see anything wrong with personalising your own GR to fit ur specific 'needs'. All subjective.

As for the red ring, well, if it's part of the package and it serves as a backup piece in case u lose the original One, why not. Some of us uses the wide converter and if u take it off often enough, there's always a chance of losing it. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by tofu master View Post

The command is FA/Move target, and I assign it to FN2 button.
    thanks.
    Tks! ^_^

Cameras aren't just for taking photos, they are kinda like fashion statements nowadays . I've seen plenty of people carrying fancy cameras (mostly Sony NEX and M4/3) but still use their phones to take photos even w the cameras hanging in front

Just like different kinds of cases for our phones, kids' school bags, car decos, do whatever you like w your cameras, as long as you are happy w them
    Last edited by fengwei; 5th August 2013 at 07:26 PM.

The GR wasn't just built for a single purpose. We're free to express what we want as long it doesn't harm others. Just enjoy.
    Not Knowing Is Interesting
    Passengers

Where to find the red ring???

I'm really tempted to get this cam.

Bros here care to share if bokeh can be achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by plankoak View Post
    I'm really tempted to get this cam.

Bros here care to share if bokeh can be achieved.
    Search in flickr will give you answer you are looking for.
    Flickr Search: ricoh gr bokeh

Long exposure, Melaka Floating Mosque. Shot with GR + 21mm converter + Haida ND filter, and post processed to flip the image and join 2 together.

Does GR take wireless trigger to use a Pentax Flash?

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipKr35 View Post
    Does GR take wireless trigger to use a Pentax Flash?
    it will work. but there won't be any P-ttl.. all manual set up..

Ritual at Indian Temple at JB during last weekend outing

Last edited by MichaelLee; 7th August 2013 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelLee View Post
    Ritual at Indian Temple at JB during week outing

Nice!

National Day Of Singapore!

Time to put on the Red Ring and Red neck strap!! Happy Birthday Singapore !
    GR,K2,K3, DA15Ltd, 10-24 f 3.5-4.5, K135 f2.8, K55 f1.8, Q, Q2K, Q10, 01020306,FA31,FA100WR

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipKr35 View Post
    National Day Of Singapore!

Time to put on the Red Ring and Red neck strap!! Happy Birthday Singapore !
    Hi. Can tell me where to buy? I also want!

Quote Originally Posted by jtsky View Post

I understood they are not for sale, but limited editions given out as part of GR camera purchase.

my set of red ring n neck sling still in the packaging. I afraid once I take out I might not want to remove from my GR.

Quote Originally Posted by jtsky View Post
    Just wait for a few more days. You'd get these for free, well, literally anyway

Stay tuned

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post

Just wait for a few more days. You'd get these for free, well, literally anyway

Stay tuned
    Cool! Can't wait!