Thread: First it's Contaxt, Who's next?

Default First it's Contax, Who's next?

Shares of Leica Camera AG plunged more than 20 percent Friday after the company said its chief executive would step down next week.

See Forbes

http://www.forbes.com/facesinthenews...ml?partner=rss
    Last edited by oeyvind; 16th April 2005 at 08:00 AM.

sigh... they just dun make great cameras like these old timers anmore these days

They still make great cameras, just that it is so great (lasting) and expensive that not many can afford and need to get a new one. I am not surprised if Leica branded camera is gone too in the next 1-2 years. Bronica was dropped last year, this year is Contax, next will be Leica (their DSLR is lagging behind).

What is left of the field are Hasselblad, Mamiya, Pentax, Rolleiflex, Fuji etc.... For all I know Fuji is too big to go (at most dropping their MF range but I do not think so personally), likewise Pentax but a much smaller imaging company (which has DSLR and compact market). Both are good enough to stay there long. The other 3 will depend on their pricing and time to delivery their MF digital gear out of the market fast. Surely a $15K digital MF camera is cheaper than a $46K digital back if they can provide one cheaply.....

next to go... Leica... financial crisis already..