Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Immigrants...

Default Re: Immigrants...

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    that kind of explains why some mainlanders are adverse to it having no cultural exchange involving this mysterious foreign substance
    let see who can read this : நான் கறி நேசிக்கிறேன்
    Last edited by ninelives; 2nd June 2013 at 07:33 PM.
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    let see who can read this : நான் கறி நேசிக்கிறேன்
    I love curry

I don't mind FT to their truest definition: Foreign Talent. Not Trash.

But it's ratio is like 10:1?
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

I can't resist the smell of curry.

Not joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    that kind of explains why some mainlanders are adverse to it having no cultural exchange involving this mysterious foreign substance
    But that's also all what can be reasonable agreed to. Personally, I never had exposure to a lot of things, be it curry, durian, sambal belachan, karaoke, void deck weddings and wakes ... What makes the difference is how one embraces these unknown things. Somehow, we would expect a more tolerant or open minded attitude at the upper end of the salary scales .. only to be utterly disappointed when having a closer look.
    EOS

Why am I not surprised that a lighthearted, humorous post brought out all the wannabe, xenophobic, keyboard warrior "politicians" and their pathetic and narrow-minded soapbox preaching?
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Why am I not surprised that a lighthearted, humorous post brought out all the wannabe, xenophobic, keyboard warrior "politicians" and their pathetic and narrow-minded soapbox preaching?
    I sincerely beg to differ in fact we Singaporeans are very generous already by opening the doors / gates to our homes big and wide, allowing complete unknown strangers to make themselves comfortable in our homes for an indefinite period of time without any conditions or obligations whatsoever even as they as start occupying the master bedroom on their own initiative whereas the poor Singaporean family host found their way sleeping on the floor in their own home.

From time to time, these strangers may even openly criticise the poor Singaporean family host with no fear of physical retaliation. Tell me, where else in the world got such good lobang one? I also want to know. Anyway it's also unrealistic to even expect fresh, first generation immigrants who obtained citizenship to be recognised as an equal in the family, it is the reality of life everywhere especially for those who make no attempt at integrating with the locals.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 3rd June 2013 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Amended choice of words for additional clarity.

If you post it in jokes thread, the distortion could be minimum. I think.

Good funny post btw, thx for sharing. (I'm referring to the first post in this thread)
    Last edited by Foxshade; 3rd June 2013 at 11:12 AM.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

I am just a fan of curry.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    I fear that 30 to 40 years down the road when the Ponzi scheme collapse, my children will be the one seeking "economic refugee" status in other countries.
    What Ponzi scheme?

Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    What Ponzi scheme?
    I think he refers to CPF

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    I think he refers to CPF
    O I C. Thanks. I did not know that people think this way.
    Is CPF a PONZI SCHEME? - www.hardwarezone.com.sg
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...81333458586644
    http://www.tremeritus.com/2013/05/22...nd-taken-away/

I still trust our government, I think.

I think he refers to CPF
    theRBK already mentioned it in Post #15 (ID No. 8476752).

It's something that has been touch on numerous occasions so I wouldn't elaborate on it further.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

I think he refers to CPF
    theRBK already mentioned it in Post #15 (ID No. 8476752).

It's something that has been touch on numerous occasions so I wouldn't elaborate on it further.
    OIC, it is referring to Population Growth Ponzi Scheme.

Is Population Growth a Ponzi Scheme? by Joseph Chamie - The Globalist

I think population and economic growths are all ponzi schemes as things cannot grow indefinitely and environmental resources are finite so a crash will have to come. Growths just make the crash bigger. Just buy and enjoy your BMW before the crash come.

BTW, CPF is strong because the money going in is more than the money coming out.

BTW, CPF is strong because the money going in is more than the money coming out.
    Still, but not indefinitely. The demographic changes of developed countries will not miss Singapore, the impact is already obvious in many ways. So it's just a matter of time when the withdrawal will increase coupled with stagnant contributions. The raising costs of living might even drive Singaporeans out of the country across the causeway, many might withdraw everything in one shot. Similar trends have been observed in other countries.
    On top of that, the restrictive PR policies now will rather drive away many people who otherwise would apply for PR. Without being one there's not CPF contribution.
    Every scheme that only relies on growth is bound to fail.
    EOS

It's hard to fail although there is not much new babies and PR as by the time it's my turn to draw out my CPF the age will be set at 90 yrs old. Dead man can't withdraw the $ and the money will be payout in small sum monthly payment to the next of kin. The rules will always be in favour of the banker ,we players just kana Makan only.

It's funny that we detest the MLM but give birth to our own fresh and blood to register them as our downline in this mega SIN MLM scheme ... Our upline keep asking us to have more downline babies so they can have more bonus from us... They also goes international when the local market goes dry to look for more downline to join in the scheme, sounds familiar ??
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Still, but not indefinitely. The demographic changes of developed countries will not miss Singapore, the impact is already obvious in many ways. So it's just a matter of time when the withdrawal will increase coupled with stagnant contributions. The raising costs of living might even drive Singaporeans out of the country across the causeway, many might withdraw everything in one shot. Similar trends have been observed in other countries.
    On top of that, the restrictive PR policies now will rather drive away many people who otherwise would apply for PR. Without being one there's not CPF contribution.
    Every scheme that only relies on growth is bound to fail.
    Yes, I agree. In the meantime, the minimum sum will continue to increase.

How Is Your CPF Money Being Used And Taken Away? | The Heart Truths

We can all agree that CPF is extremly or reasonably hazard safe and free from risk, nothing adverse is going to happen to our savings in it. But whether the same million dollar in our accounts is going to get us a bungalow or just a loaf of bread in the future can never ever be ascertain especially when **** begin hitting the fan.

when **** begin hitting the fan.
    When is this happening?

Why is this thread becoming an anti-CPF thread? Will all you wanna-be PATHETIC political trolls just go to EDMW where you belong?
    Alpha

As a reminder:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/kopit...sub-forum.html

posts/threads which are:
    religious,
    political,
    racist;
    in nature or can be construed as such will also be removed without prejudice.
    Alpha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast