Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: Pre wedding spots

  1. #1
    Member SYLBORN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Johor Bahru, Malaysia
    Posts
    37

    Default Pre wedding spots

    Dear Broz,

    Im gonna shoot pre wedding for my customers.
    Need your support to identify some of best spots around Singapore. Do hotels allow us to use their
    premises for the shoot? Please to hear from you guys.

  2. #2
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: Pre wedding spots

    Fort Canning Park? very common place

  3. #3
    Member SYLBORN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Johor Bahru, Malaysia
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelgaga1988 View Post
    Fort Canning Park? very common place
    Looking for something interesting......

  4. #4

    Default Re: Pre wedding spots

    Bukit brown? Quite serenity there.

  5. #5

    Default

    1. Photogs will not share their "special and interesting" spots with you because they put a lot of effort into finding these spots to be unique and stand out from the crowd instead of expecting to be spoonfed on a forum.

    2. Singapore is small. Explore.

    3. There's a whole sticky thread in the landscape section about shooting locations in singapore.

    If you can't even explore clubsnap, can't explore this tiny island and then still expect people to spoonfeed you their creativity, I really don't see a future for you in this industry.
    Alpha

  6. #6

    Default

    Better tell your customers that you don't know singapore, have no interesting spots, etc and that they better hire a photographer who is willing to put in some real effort for their $.
    Alpha

  7. #7
    Member SYLBORN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Johor Bahru, Malaysia
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Better tell your customers that you don't know singapore, have no interesting spots, etc and that they better hire a photographer who is willing to put in some real effort for their $.
    Thanks for your concern. You don't have to be so emotional. I just asked for some suggestions, tht is all. Real Effort you mean? Btw, you don't have to worry abt my customers. If you are not interested in sharing things, PLEASE stay away. I'm not here to listen your POEMS. Tc.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Pre wedding spots

    Quote Originally Posted by SYLBORN View Post
    Dear Broz,

    Im gonna shoot pre wedding for my customers.
    Need your support to identify some of best spots around Singapore. Do hotels allow us to use their
    premises for the shoot? Please to hear from you guys.
    Hotels approval will depend on each individual hotels, some do while others do not

    I did a couple of pre-wedding shots before, and i felt that it better to inform the hotel of the shoot. It will save embarrassment for both the photographer and the wedding couple, in case the hotel security/management staff decides to question or stop us

    There was one time when the couple decided to shoot at the Raffles Hotel and Fullerton hotel. I sent an email to both hotels informing them of our intention.

    Raffles Hotel replied saying that they only allow couples who hold their wedding at the their premise.

    Fullerton Hotel on the other hand approved our request. They even sent us a black and white statement for us to print out, in case anyone question us. When we arrived at the hotel, they even gave us a small conference room for us to put our things. We happily used that room for the couple to change their outfits and touch-up their hair and makeup

  9. #9

    Default Re: Pre wedding spots

    sorry double post

  10. #10

    Default

    I have to agree with Rashkae on this one - since you've already stated you are shooting for customers, you really won't get the answers you seek from the professional community as they would've had to work really hard to identify the locations they use.

    Of course the clubsnap community would like to help you but perhaps you can offer some tips of your own and see if your kind efforts are reciprocated.

  11. #11
    Member SYLBORN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Johor Bahru, Malaysia
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by photoart View Post

    Hotels approval will depend on each individual hotels, some do while others do not

    I did a couple of pre-wedding shots before, and i felt that it better to inform the hotel of the shoot. It will save embarrassment for both the photographer and the wedding couple, in case the hotel security/management staff decides to question or stop us

    There was one time when the couple decided to shoot at the Raffles Hotel and Fullerton hotel. I sent an email to both hotels informing them of our intention.

    Raffles Hotel replied saying that they only allow couples who hold their wedding at the their premise.

    Fullerton Hotel on the other hand approved our request. They even sent us a black and white statement for us to print out, in case anyone question us. When we arrived at the hotel, they even gave us a small conference room for us to put our things. We happily used that room for the couple to change their outfits and touch-up their hair and makeup
    Very kind of you bro. Thanks for sharing your experience.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Pre wedding spots

    you need to first ask yourself:

    1) what do you intend to achieve?
    2) what theme are you looking at?
    3) what is the style your customers want?

  13. #13
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Pre wedding spots

    Quote Originally Posted by angelgaga1988 View Post
    Fort Canning Park? very common place
    Quote Originally Posted by SYLBORN View Post
    Looking for something interesting......
    Fort Canning not interesting?

    hmmm... http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/portr...happiness.html

  14. #14

    Default Re: Pre wedding spots

    Quote Originally Posted by SYLBORN View Post
    Thanks for your concern. You don't have to be so emotional. I just asked for some suggestions, tht is all. Real Effort you mean? Btw, you don't have to worry abt my customers. If you are not interested in sharing things, PLEASE stay away. I'm not here to listen your POEMS. Tc.
    Do you even know what a poem is? And if anyone is being emotional it's you.
    Alpha

  15. #15

    Default Re: Pre wedding spots

    I eats, shoots & leaves

  16. #16
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Pre wedding spots

    Quote Originally Posted by SYLBORN View Post
    Looking for something interesting......
    Please define what is interesting.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Please define what is interesting.
    Balls? Merlion? Shiva? Chinatown?

  18. #18

    Default Re: Pre wedding spots

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    Balls? Merlion? Shiva? Chinatown?
    TV. How I Met Your Mother.
    Alpha

  19. #19

    Default Re: Pre wedding spots

    Quote Originally Posted by SYLBORN View Post
    Dear Broz,

    Im gonna shoot pre wedding for my customers.
    Need your support to identify some of best spots around Singapore. Do hotels allow us to use their
    premises for the shoot? Please to hear from you guys.
    When you come here to ask things that you ought to research with own effort and means, please accept the fact that many will also come here to teach you.

    If you cannot stand being schooled, then don't.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: Pre wedding spots

    Just like to add my 2 cents worth of opinion. Location largely depends on the type of photoshoot you are looking at. With the right style, even shooting at Tuas can deliver great portraits.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •