Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Excess supply of pilots

Default Re: Excess supply of pilots

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Fly Boeing 747 like F16 quite common - especially in some airlines.

But no airforce would want their F16 pilots to fly their F16 like Boeing 747 leh.
    fly the c130s cannot meh.

i know lah lots of retired military pilots become civvie pilots. just wondering, since they already more qualified than the average joe.

Singaporean need to be above 26 then can apply SIA so that Airforce can have the 1st bite of the cherry. If not for this restriction not many will want to join Airforce. FT can apply to SIA as cadet pilot once 18. Airforce will recommend those Pilot with good record to SIA, their rice bowl is well taken care of. Lots of SQ pilot were former Airforce rejects, flying a fighter Jet or Helicopter is very different from commercial plane. If you can't fly a Fighter Jet you can still fly commercial but if you can't fly commercial then confirm cant't fly fighter jet.

Does a civilian pilot want to join the Airforce to fly C130? They are being pampered in the Airline, being the 1st and 2nd command of the flight and serve with free food and drinks as and when they want onboard. I doubt they would want to be a Captain rank in the Airforce and Kow Tao to the many Crabs around and above them. In the Airline they are like kings but in the Airforce they will not be treated with the same status.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Fly Boeing 747 like F16 quite common - especially in some airlines.

But no airforce would want their F16 pilots to fly their F16 like Boeing 747 leh.
    firstly F16 cannot sustain the cruise speed of an airliner...bery fast need to pump fuel...

secondly...only insane combat pilots fly straight and level for more than 10 secs...

thirdly 747 need more than 2 crew. F16 max support 2 crew. where is the FE going to sit ?

btw 747 cannot be flown like an F16... 20 mile ++ turn radius for airliner...
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    thirdly 747 need more than 2 crew. F16 max support 2 crew. where is the FE going to sit ?

btw 747 cannot be flown like an F16... 20 mile ++ turn radius for airliner...
    Now modern airliners where got FE one? Anyway turn radius for B747 is not even that much lah if not (as an example) your aerodrome traffic circuit for base leg towards final approach not taking into account SID / STAR IFR flight plans and holding pattern will cover the whole tropical island paradise of Singapore liao, I have been in flight tests while we banked at an angle of 45 completing a 360 turn in approximately 2 Nautical Mile (NM) at 250 Knots (Indicated (Airspeed (KIAS)) in just over a minute or so.

BTW, IIRC maximum g-force load factor on the B744 was approximately 1.5 Gs to 2 Gs for that particular flight test when the flight crew rolled it to a bank angle of 60 for a period of time in level flight. Just 10 and 1 G more or so before the B744 disintegrate in mid-air.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 23rd May 2013 at 01:29 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Now modern airliners where got FE one? Anyway turn radius for B747 is not even that much lah if not (as an example) your aerodrome traffic circuit for base leg towards final approach not taking into account SID / STAR IFR flight plans and holding pattern will cover the whole tropical island paradise of Singapore liao, I have been in flight tests while we banked at an angle of 45 completing a 360 turn in approximately 2 Nautical Mile (NM) at 250 Knots (Indicated (Airspeed (KIAS)) in just over a minute or so.

BTW, IIRC maximum g-force load factor on the B744 was approximately 1.5 Gs to 2 Gs for that particular flight test when the flight crew rolled it to a bank angle of 60 for a period of time in level flight. Just 10 and 1 G more or so before the B744 disintegrate in mid-air.
    sure can fly tight tight. but whether got any mother father cow bear cow bull after that is another matter!
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Speaking of pilots, I just joined the SYFC xD
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

great enjoy your Piper . remember civil circuit is square and military are round . well, mostly. i wish i joined youth flying when i was younger. but my school results not good enough so i was banned from that.

i cried for three days.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by cks2k2 View Post
    yes, cos so many young men are just dying to be monks.
    Bright Hill Temple turned my monk application away for no reason.

The situation of excess pilots can be solved by building them more planes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    too much temptation in your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post

They cannot have too many nosebleed cases

Quote Originally Posted by cks2k2 View Post
    too much temptation in your heart.
    monks need left hand to hold rosary . . .
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

monks need left hand to hold rosary . . .
    Right hand holds remote trigger to fire EOS dslr?

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    They cannot have too many nosebleed cases
    Yes they don't allow Monks to own dslr.

But iPhone okay.

great enjoy your Piper . remember civil circuit is square and military are round . well, mostly. i wish i joined youth flying when i was younger. but my school results not good enough so i was banned from that.

i cried for three days.
    Aww actually mine is also not too awesome la. Now im mugging like hell to bring them up to standard. Anyway they phased out the piper warriors already. It's Diamond DA-40 now
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

i bet the pilots wished they brought their DSLRs along too...
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Not as bad as after the SARS epidemic crisis where there was an entire row of SIA B747-400s parked back to back on a closed off taxiway in Singapore Changi International Airport. Just sitting there idle for months on end.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

i bet the pilots wished they brought their DSLRs along too...
    they call it a cockpit for a reason..

what else could she be in there for?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast