Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5202528293031323540 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Utd XIV : New Manager New ERA

Away to Stoke tonight, can we win? :-D
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Default Re: Man Utd XIV : New Manager New ERA

HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR!!!

Hope we will be Hor-se with our new guy Mata! HUAT AH!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Away to Stoke tonight, can we win? :-D
    Should win just how many goals score...

Cardiff sign United pair

Manchester United duo Fabio and Wilfried Zaha have completed permanent and loan moves to Cardiff City respectively.

More Here!

United duo sign for Fulham

Manchester United duo Ryan Tunnicliffe and Larnell Cole have signed for Fulham on a permanent basis.

Both players won the FA Youth Cup with the Reds in 2011 and are promising English midfielders who worked with Cottagers boss Rene Meulensteen at Old Trafford.

Reports

Seems like everybody is leaving us!

This summer transfer is gotta be crazy , I can smell that =p

Somewhat a bit more pessimistic from my end.

It's not in manutd's blood to buy like Chelsea or mancity. Plus of course, the glazers are in it for the profit so I really dont think they will loosen the purse strings.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post

Should win just how many goals score...
    Really? We're not a goal scoring machine like Man City wor...
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Really? We're not a goal scoring machine like Man City wor...
    Hahaha and it's 2013/2014 not the SAF years leh.. Even during the SAF years I dont recall united scoring at will like city is doing nowadays.

1-2 another lose ? Haiz....

Quote Originally Posted by coolhirako View Post
    Ya, another loss.... anyone who still say United has a chance must be a real believer of miracles.

30 years record broken.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    30 years record broken.
    Who is keeping track of all the records that has been broken????
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Ya, another loss.... anyone who still say United has a chance must be a real believer of miracles.
    I think they have a chance......

For Europa league....

I did not watch the match, as I have.... given up hope on Moyes tactics..... or rather.... what tactics? Always thought he only have... 1 plan...

I saw Cardiff instead, and was rewarded with a "Man U" style of fight back...

Cardiff concede in first half, and OGS made changes in the first half... threw in Zaha in, and turned the tide... and Cardiff won... 2-1 against Norwich... Zaha created the first goal with an assist.... and I do not understand why he was not given more chance at Man U....

Fabio and Noone was at fault as both right sided players have not gelled, and have a miscommunication that causes the goal... but an inspired Goal Keeping by Marshal allows them to keep the lead, and turn back the deficit...

I saw similarity in OGS style with SAF... SAF dare to gamble, and OGS also gambles.... and in matches he want to win, he always have players that can change games on the bench....

Against West Ham, he was unlucky not to get a draw, when he threw in 4-2-4 to force to change the game...

Today, he gambled with Fabio, and Fabio did play reasonably well, except for the miscommunication with Noone, and no one pick up the running man.... Zaha went in and assist, and he played new boy Jones, and he scored... not a bad day I thought....

But Cardiff defense is weak, and the way he build his team... I think his style is.... you score 1, I score 2... lol....

I do not think many of you know this, but OGS is also Knighted in Norway... Knight of the Order of St. Olav, First Class.....

I hoping OGS come back to Man U to replace DM... lol...

Hope have Europa.....

What is wrong Moyes? Look in the mirror.... your answer...

As much as I like to support him... I thought he simply could not count when it matters most.... and thought his tactical awareness are not there at all.... Bad Luck? Just another excuses.....

Moyes' shortcomings exposed at Stoke

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/thematch/id/1675?cc=4716

STOKE -- Perhaps the most galling part of this latest defeat for Manchester United is that such a reverse does not even raise eyebrows anymore. Losses such as this have become as mundanely routine as the champions’ lifelessly predictable attacking play.

No, what really stunned was the statement that followed it. In 15 words, David Moyes summed up so many of the concerns that have materialised during his seven months in charge to date.

“I don’t know what we have to do to win,” Moyes sighed. “I thought we played well.”

The first part is alarming, largely because the second part was entirely inaccurate: Manchester United did not play well in this woeful defeat to Stoke. They were largely dismal, devoid of any spark or creativity.

It is simply incredible that that can be said of a team that featured the talents of Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie and Juan Mata and, if Moyes can’t see that it can be improved on, by many levels, then United have very profound cause for concern.

It is utterly damning that the new hope derived from Mata’s signing so quickly gave way to the same dire, old problems. Most conspicuously, the latest landmarks that illustrate just how historically poor this United team -- they have lost eight of 24 league games this season -- are at the moment are as plentiful as the pitiful four shots on target they mustered at the Britannia.

This was Stoke City’s first win over United in any competition in 21 years, and their first in the English top flight since 1984. This was also Mark Hughes' side's first victory in nine Premier League games, but brought United’s fourth defeat in eight games.

For the defending champions, that is just not good enough, regardless of any mitigating circumstances. Moyes, inevitably, pointed to those circumstances, most of all poor fortune.

“We were really unlucky," he stated afterwards.

The United manager referenced the freak nature of Stoke’s goals either side of van Persie’s 47th-minute equaliser, as the industrious Charlie Adam benefited from, as Moyes put it, a “deflected 30-yard free-kick” and a once-a-season “worldy.”

To make some allowances for the 50-year-old, it would also be impossible to dispute that Moyes suffered even worse luck beyond those goals. Most conspicuously, there were the injuries to Jonny Evans and Phil Jones.

The problem with putting it all to down vagaries of fortune, though, is that it has reached a fairly miserable stage when a club such as Manchester United are looking at luck to just avoid dire defeats rather than bring defiant late victories.

That is how slim Moyes has made the margins, how limited United have become. And that is where the most worrying concerns about his management are rapidly rising.

Of course, the former Everton manager inherited a range of problems for which he can have no responsibility, not least the problematic midfield that has proven so curiously difficult to strengthen.

None of that is any excuse, however, for just how poorly United are currently playing.

To bring it to the most obvious point, it would have been entirely reasonable to anticipate van Persie, Rooney and Mata could at least suggest the beginnings of some creative relationship, to offer a few flashes, some spark.

No one would have expected instant integration, just a few interchanges. Instead, though, in the 78 minutes they spent together on the pitch, they only linked up twice.

Erik Pieters, Juan Mata PA PhotosMata made van Persie's goal but was otherwise frustrated by Stoke.

One of them was the single occasion in the first half that a United attack didn't end with an orthodox cross or clearance. Most lamentably, a player as ingeniously inventive as Mata spent almost the entirety of that opening period as a standard winger in a 4-4-2. It was, in short, a waste.

There was at least the suggestion the lack of link-ups may have been just down to teething problems early in the second half as, immediately after the break, Mata found himself in the centre to feed Van Persie for a fine equalising finish. It was United’s one moment of quality.

It soon transpired, however, the instance was merely the consequence of great players instinctively reacting to a chance Stoke error. Beyond that, it was business as usual, with what amounted to wingers repeatedly pounding in standard crosses for forwards better suited to playing on the ground and -- in Ryan Shawcross and Marc Wilson -- against some of the most muscular centre-halves in the league.

It meant that, for all the admirable urgency about United’s second-half performance following Adam’s second, there was never a true siege. There was only one moment of panic in the Stoke box, when a long-range Rooney set-piece hit the post. After it, the number 10 sank to his knees.

Moyes did hold his head high but had a rather novel description of the period. "It was our downfall we didn't score from chances," he said, "but we must have got to the byline eight or nine times.”

Again, if that is the extent of his expectations for an elite side’s attack, it is perhaps the greatest problem of all. When you are competing for the top trophies, you simply must have a variety of angles of attack.

Furthermore, without wishing to get too critical in the immediate aftermath of another defeat, perhaps this also helps to explain why there was only one other club -- Schalke -- with which Moyes was publicly linked besides United.

Although it is still so early in his six-year contract, there is a growing feeling he is not tactically modern enough. While the likes of Barcelona and Bayern Munich are pushing the boundaries of what is possible in attacking play, United are endlessly slamming the ball in the box. Currently, there is no evidence of any coaching in that regard, or any evolution whatsoever.

Just a few weeks ago, it still could have been fairly argued that Moyes should have been cut some slack because perhaps only Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola had the personalities sizable enough to handle a transition as seismic as Ferguson retiring.

Now, though, it is beginning to feel as though any modern manager with a more nuanced approach would at least be getting United playing better. The results, meanwhile, can’t get much worse.

At the very least, so many coaches would salivate over how to configure an attack featuring Van Persie, Rooney and -- even before Mata -- Shinji Kagawa.

Moyes has so far slotted them into a template and, consequently, the template of United’s season has been tepid performance after tepid performance.

Stoke was just the latest example.
    Last edited by Halfmoon; 2nd February 2014 at 11:01 AM.

Play kagawa on wing, now mata wing again...wtf

Play kagawa on wing, now mata wing again...wtf
    Mata on the wing? I did not watch the game... but I felt DM have no tactics at all.... and dunno how to use players...

Kind of expected this to happen to Mata too... Cos I dunno how else he could accommodate them all....
    Last edited by Halfmoon; 2nd February 2014 at 12:02 PM.

Zaha did well against Norwich and gave them troubles when he was on from 38 mins.

Imagine if he was still at Man U and give them the lift! I could never fathom why he was used so little... Maybe against smaller team, DM could have given him more exposure....

Why Cardiff and win and play with Zaha? Fabio? No doubt Norwich is not a top team... neither is Stoke.

Solskjaer praises Zaha impact

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hailed the impact made by Wilfried Zaha after the loan signing inspired Cardiff's fightback to claim a 2-1 win over Norwich.

The Bluebirds had trailed when Robert Snodgrass gave the visitors the lead in just the fifth minute at Cardiff City Stadium, but substitute Zaha teed up Craig Bellamy for the equaliser just after the break, with Kenwyne Jones firing home the winner on his debut just over a minute later.

It ensured Solskjaer secured a first Premier League win since taking charge of the Welsh club which, while not moving them out of the drop zone, got them off the bottom of the table at Fulham's expense.

And the performance of Zaha, whose introduction before half-time suddenly enlivened a Cardiff side desperately lacking a spark, will give Bluebirds fans real hope of surviving the drop.

Zaha joined from Manchester United until the end of the season on Friday, and Solskjaer opted to name him on the bench, but with the Bluebirds struggling the Norwegian introduced Zaha after just 38 minutes in place of Peter Whittingham.

Sometimes you just have to make decisions and do what you think is right,” Cardiff boss Solskjaer said. “I felt it was right to bring Wilf on, it lifted the crowd and the players. We needed a lift. It could have been anyone I took off, but I didn't have too many doubts.

“It maybe frightened the Norwich defenders because he is such a great and exciting talent. Going forward, he is one of the best I've seen. Defensively, I've got a few hours teaching ahead of me. But he's a young lad and you want him to give us what he can do.

“That's what he can do -- lift us like he did today. It was a great debut.”

Solskjaer also praised Jones as the former Stoke striker grabbed his first Premier League goal since December 2012.

He said: “He's a big target man, he gives us something different and it took us half an hour to realise what we can use him for.

“He gave us a foothold up top, like Andy Carroll for West Ham. We played too much nice football in the beginning. Sometimes direct football is better.”

The transfer window may have closed but Solskjaer could yet add another player to his squad as the Norwegian hopes to bring in Spanish defender Juan Cala, who is a free agent after having his contract with Sevilla terminated.

This was Cardiff's first win in eight league games, and Norwich have now won just one of nine as they remain firmly in the relegation battle having wasted countless chances in a game they fully deserved something from.

Their failure to claim even a point was down to a mixture of poor finishing, bad luck and the endeavours of Cardiff goalkeeper David Marshall who, as has often been the case this season, made a string of outstanding saves.

And Chris Hughton could not believe his side had slipped to defeat.

“I am wondering how we got nothing out of the game,” he said. “We conceded two very poor goals in a game where I felt we were comfortable enough in the first half as the away side, and if our final pass had been better we might have been able to get another goal.

“At 1-0 we were comfortable but to give away the two goals we did, at the time we did, changes the atmosphere in the stadium.

“The crowd were fairly quiet in that first half and that was down to the effect we had on the game. For a side that had taken a knock like that we responded very well, but their goalkeeper, as he did at Carrow Road, made some super saves.

“We also hit the woodwork a couple of times and had a couple of goals disallowed. So I cannot fault the desire and effort of the players to get the goals and we missed some chances, but how we did not win that game I do not know.”

Is there any team that can stop Man City?
    Jose Mourinho did it this morning!

Jose Mourinho did it this morning!
    I think place some bets on chelsea as winner is ideal.... I expect arsenal to run out of steam.....