Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Return your crockery and utensils at restaurants?

Default Re: Return your crockery and utensils at restaurants?

The stall owners at hawkers centre must be laughing at our stupidity whilst counting the cash saved. IMHO what has all these to do with kindness, graciousness & may I add, love, or what have you. I dont think all the negative labels are necessary & we dont need all these campaigns like being brainwashed by the govt. I return trays at KFC, McDonalds et al simply becos they made it so convenient & practical & the food consumed are compact & contained, unlike those at foodcourt or hawker centers. Kopitiam at KTPH is the exception where everything is so neat & systematic you cant help but do your part, automatically.
    Last edited by s1221ljc; 25th May 2013 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    shows how petty some people can be.......

a leadership orientated education system bred a whole bunch of self-centred brats who are to damn short-sighted to realise that the whole world doesn't revolve around them......

Quote Originally Posted by s1221ljc View Post
    The stall owners at hawkers centre must be laughing at our stupidity whilst counting the cash saved. IMHO what has all these to do with kindness, graciousness & may I add, love, or what have you. I dont think all the negative labels are necessary & we dont need all these campaigns like being brainwashed by the govt. I return trays at KFC, McDonalds et al simply becos they made it so convenient & practical & the food consumed are compact & contained, unlike those at foodcourt or hawker centers. Kopitiam at KTPH is the exception where everything is so neat & systematic you cant help but do your part, automatically.
    brainwashed?

so we need to be brainwashed to become more courteous, more gracious and not take things for granted?

your inference speaks volumes about Singaporean mentalities don't you think?

Some one must come out with an idea that there is a conveyer belt next to the table. Then when you finish, put the tray on the belt, the trays will be send to a collection area. So, it's a stone kill 2 birds idea. You return trays but you no need to walk so far or hunt for it.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Simply don't understand. Just return the blardy utensil... why need to analyse till like this.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Bump into him once in a blue moon. Anyway, this same funny guy told me he was at a ministerial conversation session, and he launched into all sorts of complains (yes, he super complain king). The minister then ask him "instead of complaining, do you have any constructive suggestions?" In front of so many people, he told the minister off "no I don't but it is not my job to come up with solutions - that's your job. Pay you guys so much for what?"
    Great point!

Pay the ministers and top civil servant so much is not for them to freaking demand people to do their job and give them solutions!

Its worst than people demanding to know what lens to buy!
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    Simply don't understand. Just return the blardy utensil... why need to analyse till like this.
    is because of all the Lim Beh philosophy, Lim Beh mentality, and Lim Beh de ideas
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    fuss arises when some people decided to display their pettiness on social media.

I just finished lunch at a food court. Returned the utensils to the auntie on my way out. I don't even have to make an extra effort or walk more than I should have to do it. Apparently, some people take it as a enormous task and the petty mentality of being "taken advantage of" took over. I wonder what these bunch had achieved in life so far.....

Quote Originally Posted by s1221ljc View Post
    You've been to food courts right? You bring your food from the stall to the table right? If you can do that, I don't see why you can't handle empty bowls and plates at the end of your meal.......

I guess anything goes as far as excuses are concerned.....

Quote Originally Posted by sjackal View Post

Great point!

Pay the ministers and top civil servant so much is not for them to freaking demand people to do their job and give them solutions!

Its worst than people demanding to know what lens to buy!
    The minister was asking for suggestions that can be implemented. Not asking the guy to do it.

It's like this: if you don't bring your concerns to the minister, they won't know about it. You expect the minister to read your mind?

Also, it's that selfish mentality that holds Singaporeans back: not my job so i won't care. If constructive criticism is given, instead of just opening the mouth to make noise, things would get done faster

Dont need to preach to me. You not Singaporean? You of different class or mentality?

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    brainwashed?

so we need to be brainwashed to become more courteous, more gracious and not take things for granted?

your inference speaks volumes about Singaporean mentalities don't you think?
    Last edited by s1221ljc; 30th May 2013 at 05:56 PM.

You dont get my point. I said I carry back right? Dont have to force your opinion on others. You wash your dishes at home (I do)? Why dont you wash the utensils at the food court. That will be great too & you become the champion for the campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    You've been to food courts right? You bring your food from the stall to the table right? If you can do that, I don't see why you can't handle empty bowls and plates at the end of your meal.......

I guess anything goes as far as excuses are concerned.....
    Last edited by s1221ljc; 30th May 2013 at 05:50 PM.

You got anything better than that? Anything at all?

I would like to thank everyone who has taken time to express their views in this thread. I am really glad and grateful that everyone has remained civil, courteous and gracious in their posts, without name-calling, unlike the facebook page.

Now that there is already a National Campaign on facebook for "Say NO to Tray Return Singapore" I will close this thread as your can post your comments there.

https://www.facebook.com/SayNoToTrayReturnSingapore

I would like to end this thread with this video:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=3&theater

http://<iframe src="https://www.face...lt;/iframe>

Thanks again everyone!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234