Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Dot on the LCD Screen..!

  1. #1

    Default Dot on the LCD Screen..!

    folks,
    i have a dot on my E300 LCD screen. I noticed that last night
    while i browsed across pictures in the play mode. Connected to notebook
    to find if that affected the picture, Thank God, it didn't.

    Have any of you heard this or come across a thing like this. Your any
    input will be highly appreciated.

    thanks & regards, adal

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    3,287

    Default

    It's a dead pixel. It will not affect the pics. Not too sure if this is covered under warranty. Or you could just live with it.

  3. #3

    Default

    thanks for the info jbma. well, i read in an other forum that dead pixel
    relates to both LCD and CCD. looks like the problem i have is with
    the LCD. is there an option to correct this problem or should I send
    my cam to Oly service.

    thanks adal

  4. #4

    Default

    If it affects the CCD, you can try to use the pixel mapping functions.

    As for LCD, I guess, it's pretty hard to fix and they need to change the whole LCD.
    Last edited by doubliewkay; 15th April 2005 at 11:29 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Northen part of Sing a pore
    Posts
    2,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doubliewkay
    If it affects the CCD, you can try to use the pixel mapping functions.

    As for LCD, I guess, it's pretty hard to fix and they need to change the whole LCD.
    how does the pixel mapping function works? i have few dead pixels on the ccd which appears consistent on night shots and test shots with lens cap on.

  6. #6
    Member kktan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lands behind the Wood
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NMSS_2
    how does the pixel mapping function works? i have few dead pixels on the ccd which appears consistent on night shots and test shots with lens cap on.
    You can check the E-300 user manual pg. 183 on how to activate the pixel mapping.

    Cheers.....

  7. #7

    Default

    Pixel mapping is a process which is usually done with all new digital cameras at the factory, so they are essentially 'perfect' out of the box - even though the realities of life mean that the image sensors the cameras contain often do suffer a few problematic pixels from day one.

    Read for more details at:
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/NEWS/998087928.html

  8. #8

    Default

    hello sadal,

    i just discovered that my e300 also as a dead pixel on the lcd yesterday. were wondering about whether to send for repair also. i just bought mine 4 days ago. dun know can return to change a new one or not......

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadal
    folks,
    i have a dot on my E300 LCD screen. I noticed that last night
    while i browsed across pictures in the play mode. Connected to notebook
    to find if that affected the picture, Thank God, it didn't.

    Have any of you heard this or come across a thing like this. Your any
    input will be highly appreciated.

    thanks & regards, adal
    Quote Originally Posted by l_n_h
    hello sadal,

    i just discovered that my e300 also as a dead pixel on the lcd yesterday. were wondering about whether to send for repair also. i just bought mine 4 days ago. dun know can return to change a new one or not......

    I have 2 dead pixiel on my LCD & View Finder of my C8080 when I bought it last year. I call the shop and ask them if I can exchange one w/o dead pixiel. They ask me to come down to the shop to have a check and they change another set for me. U can try & call the shop you buy from to check.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •