Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: What would you expect to see or hear out of Photokina 2002?

  1. #1
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Cool What would you expect to see or hear out of Photokina 2002?

    Speculations...half truths...what do you think we'll get to see and hear?

  2. #2

    Default

    Hmm... Dunno, I guess some new emulsions would be cool...

  3. #3

    Default

    gimme a revised 17-35 SSM G lens or a revised 28-70 SSM G lens and a DSLR !

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Nikon D2X and D2H, successor to the hugely popular D1 series. The D2X will feature a full frame 12 megapixel sensor and a continuous shooting rate of 5 fps for up to 20 frames, and the D2H, 6 megapixels with a continuous shooting rate of 10fps up to 60 frames. Pricing details will be announced at PhotoKina, but speculations have it that it will be lower than the D1X and H. Responding to user feedback, both the new cameras can now utilize any SB series flash, as opposed to requiring the new DX series flash as on the D1 series. Also, in an unprecendented move, Nikon will also bundle the full version of Nikon Capture 3 with both cameras.

    Regards
    CK

  5. #5
    Midnight
    Guests

    Default

    Olydak....

  6. #6

    Default

    Originally posted by ckiang
    Nikon D2X and D2H, successor to the hugely popular D1 series. The D2X will feature a full frame 12 megapixel sensor and a continuous shooting rate of 5 fps for up to 20 frames, and the D2H, 6 megapixels with a continuous shooting rate of 10fps up to 60 frames. Pricing details will be announced at PhotoKina, but speculations have it that it will be lower than the D1X and H. Responding to user feedback, both the new cameras can now utilize any SB series flash, as opposed to requiring the new DX series flash as on the D1 series. Also, in an unprecendented move, Nikon will also bundle the full version of Nikon Capture 3 with both cameras.

    Regards
    CK
    And not to mention that they will be using Forveon's X3 sensor coupled with the new Nikons..

    And they will be priced at prices lower than the D100..

    Wait.
    Is the info that you provided true?
    Last edited by SNAG; 2nd September 2002 at 01:09 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    There is a rumored Canon 2D with 11MP full frame, 3fps@9pix max in buffer to be announced.

  8. #8

    Default

    If you know Canon cameras well enough, you'll know that a 2D is unlikely.

  9. #9

    Default

    Originally posted by YSLee
    Hmm... Dunno, I guess some new emulsions would be cool...
    Spoken like a true Luddite.

  10. #10

    Default

    Originally posted by StreetShooter


    Spoken like a true Luddite.
    Get your facts right before you pass such commets.

  11. #11

    Default

    Originally posted by YSLee


    Get your facts right before you pass such commets.
    "Comments"

    You miss out the n!!!!

  12. #12

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by SNAG


    And not to mention that they will be using Forveon's X3 sensor coupled with the new Nikons..

    And they will be priced at prices lower than the D100..

    Wait.
    Is the info that you provided true?
    What do you think?

    Regards
    CK

  14. #14

    Default

    Originally posted by YSLee


    Get your facts right before you pass such commets.
    Apologies.

  15. #15

    Default

    Originally posted by ckiang


    What do you think?

    Regards
    CK
    think?
    still think?

    Just buy!!!
    BUY BUY BUY

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by Bluestrike

    think?
    still think?

    Just buy!!!
    BUY BUY BUY
    Times are bad. No money. Bonus no enough.

    Regards
    CK

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    AWB film? 5th Layer technology? haha and AutoLevels lab processing? then digicam can throw away liao...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by denizenx
    AWB film? 5th Layer technology? haha and AutoLevels lab processing? then digicam can throw away liao...
    Already available. If you shoot neg, that's essentially what's happening in the minilab machines which prints your pictures out. I believe a "Auto Levels" and "Auto WB" type of function exists in such machines to correct colour casts and such. 4th layer technology is already quite good.


    Regards
    CK

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    a bit OT but auto levels not very good if they can't expose my sky and shadow together, whereas the ahem PS autolevel can... also fogged shots... somewhere here I posted a link to one of my foggy shots that turned out so clear after auto level... ok ok dun wanna argue... hehe
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    how about Super IS? adds 4 stops instead of 1-2.. haha
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •