Thread: Help with RAW in PS CS

Phildate
    Guests

Default Help with RAW in PS CS

Hope someone can help with this problem:

I have been using RAW plug-in for Photoshop CS to convert my D70 files into JPEGS. Happy with the speed and versatility of this over Nikon Capture.

However, having purchased D2X, I have had to buy Nikon Capture and install 4.2 update as Photoshop RAW plug-in does not yet support D2X.

BUT...

Now when I open a D70 NEF file in PS CS, I get this crappy little RAW window that doesn't even let me change the colour temp, only the WB setting. Where has my normal RAW plug-in gone???????

HELP!!

Deregistered

Go into PS plugin folder

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Plug-Ins\Adobe Photoshop Only\File Formats

remove the one that Nikon Capture installed, Nikon NEF Plugin.8Bi... and restart PS CS.

Phildate
    Guests

Thanks!! This has been driving me mad!

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Phildate
    Thanks!! This has been driving me mad!
    I Remember this problem..... I also remember seeing a zillion posts on it and finally (when I couldn't get the answer) finding it on Nikon's own forum. As lovely as they are, Nikon should have been shot for this one.....

D2X eh? lucky person. Oh and save youself some time..ignore the Nikon 4.2 or whatever... I tried it over and over, thinking it must offer something.... well nothing that isn't already in Thomas Knoll's excellent Camera Raw or PS CS Itself.
    Last edited by stroma; 17th April 2005 at 08:38 AM.