Thread: What doff between between omnibounce and 2-way UNI?

Default What doff between between omnibounce and 2-way UNI?

http://www.stofen.com/index.htm

I've got the 2-way uni...wondering shld i get the omnibounce. But dunno how much diff is there between these 2.

vince123123
    Guests

one looks like a bounce card, the other is an omnibounce.

the difference is two:

1. the portion of light that goes to ceiling will be diffused and then bounced for the omnibounce. for the 2-way uni, it is just bounced off the ceiling.

2. the portion of light that goes straight to the subject is diffused for the omnibounce and bounced off the 2-way uni for the other.

hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by kensh09
    http://www.stofen.com/index.htm

I've got the 2-way uni...wondering shld i get the omnibounce. But dunno how much diff is there between these 2.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    one looks like a bounce card, the other is an omnibounce.

the difference is two:

1. the portion of light that goes to ceiling will be diffused and then bounced for the omnibounce. for the 2-way uni, it is just bounced off the ceiling.

2. the portion of light that goes straight to the subject is diffused for the omnibounce and bounced off the 2-way uni for the other.

hope it helps.

hmmm...then wondering which is more useful.
    My uni seems to give a harser direct light to the subject compared to the omnibounce.

vince123123
    Guests

Then the question is probably whehter a light bounced off is softer/harder than light diffused.

hard to answer, depends on the bounce surface as well as the diffusion surface.

Quote Originally Posted by kensh09
    hmmm...then wondering which is more useful.
    My uni seems to give a harser direct light to the subject compared to the omnibounce.