Thread: Olympus E1 2nd Look @ Luminous Landscape

Default Olympus E1 2nd Look @ Luminous Landscape

Well, two photographers on Luminous Landscape has just re-reviewed the E1.

I believe Bruce Snell who contributed the photos was a born again Olympus fan after moving from E1->Canon->E1 again. It appears that they've garnered opinions from a larger spread of photographers for this write-up so hopefully this may lend higher credibility to the pros & cons of the systems discussed.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...s/e1-2nd.shtml

Maybe after this, Chii will be raising the stakes while Nightpiper heavily reconsiders in the E1 Tug-Of-BuySell :-)

Form your own conclusions.

Cheers,

Nice read.

Will be "impatiently" waiting for the oly's new digital body.

hopefully we will see something close to end of 2005

thx chancy, thats a very refreshing read.

anyway, i dun quite understand what he meant by the hair texture not so nice. i think the kit lens is very superb. look at the sample below, shot at 1/250s, F5.6, 0 sharpening, 0 contrast.

100% crop.

the eye brows & lashes & facial hair look good. of cos can't compare with a macro but for a zoom, its really good.

one point i agree with him is the exposure thingy. i preset my E1 to +0.3EV whenever i use. find this setting more accurate with exposure.

think i'm keeping the E1

Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper
    thx chancy, thats a very refreshing read.

anyway, i dun quite understand what he meant by the hair texture not so nice.
    think i'm keeping the E1
    I suppose he meant hair on the head, because the E-1 is 5 Mpixels, it does not have the extra resolution to take down more details when compared to a higer Megapixel count camera.

just my 2cents. hopefully it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper

anyway, i dun quite understand what he meant by the hair texture not so nice.

think i'm keeping the E1
    I think he shot a bald person liao hehehe... j/k