What about those cars before this car? I mean don't have to wait for pi bor pi bor to be behind you then start signalling left right?
Sat hoot this number!
Last edited by ManWearPants; 15th May 2013 at 12:17 AM.
Small fine and only 4 points.
Fine is pointless if culprit is ultra rich. So this sort of thing, don't give fine.
Should give 15 points + 3 day's jail - but with a permanent record of imprisonment.
Repeat offence will be banned from driving for 20 years + 3 week's jail - with a permanent record of imprisonment.
Last edited by ricohflex; 15th May 2013 at 01:12 AM.
Everyone who spot this car on the road, just sneer at the driver whenever you overtakes him.
And if this car ever makes it to the used car market, press for $10k off cos of the bad rep that comes with the number plate.
Amazing how inconsiderate that driver can be.
A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
Don't ambulances have those car cams to catch blockers?
This one is a private one, maybe not.
Side tracked abit. If the number strike 4D today and the owner of this car hoot big big. Will the judge increase the fine based on previous penalty unable to inject behavioural change (cannot feel pain).
Last edited by ManWearPants; 15th May 2013 at 04:31 PM.
Under Statutes of Singapore, it seems that imprisonment is provided for in such cases.
Clause 18 of Chapter 257A
Obstructing free passage of any ambulance, etc.
18. Where a person at, or in relation to, an assembly or a procession conducted pursuant to a permit —(a)acts in a disorderly manner for the purpose of preventing the transaction of the business for which the assembly or procession assembled;
(b)obstructs the free passage of any ambulance, fire engine or vehicle belonging to the Singapore Police Force or the Singapore Civil Defence Force or, otherwise than in the manner and to the extent authorised by the permit relating to that assembly or procession, impedes or disrupts the use by members of the public in general of any road; or
(c)incites other persons to do so,
the person shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $10,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months or to both.
TV news reported there were many (about 14 or 17) similar cases. Obviously this is common.
The authorities who want to correct this behavior need to get into the heads of these culprits.
WHY do they do it?
• Is it because they do not expect to be discovered and dealt with by the police?
• Is it an act of bravado?
• Is it an act of defiance?
• Do they feel that they are losers in society and want to hit back in this way?
• Do they do it to get into the news and become infamous?
• Is it a manifestation of a bochap (couldn't care less) mentality?
• Do they feel the ambulance has no right to require them to give way?
Most important of all:
• Do they do it because, at the back of their minds, they know that the penalty is extremely light even if they get caught? This may be the prevailing attitude - remember the remark by the Everitt Road neighbour about the Court's fine - He said it was "sup sup suei" meaning the fine was so ridiculously low that he could easily afford to pay it.
Last edited by ricohflex; 15th May 2013 at 10:23 PM.
These are the same people who refuse to give up the reserved seat for the elderly/pregnant with the "I paid for this ride too" mentality - these drivers have a "I pay road tax, I have every right to drive here" mentality.
Some people really don't know that their "rights" come with certain limitations and restrictions.
I'm not trying to side with the driver here...
Watched the video a while ago, and while I agree that the driver should kena jialat jialat.. The ambulance driver also went alongside, then wasted precious time reaching his hand out to flip the finger and shout at the blur-kok Honda driver...
If the ambulance was really in an emergency, why bother..? Just record down the number and footage, and hurry up rush to attend to the emergency, and deal with the joker later.. Why bother wasting time on unnecessary rage on someone who won't even be affected by what he says or does...?
The Honda driver was bad, but the ambulance driver is no angel too...
Minolta A|Sony E|Canon EF/S|Hasselblad V