Thread: fireflies.. where to find them?

Default fireflies.. where to find them?

hey all the outdoor photoshooters.. just wondering is there any place here to take fireflies.. well.. if they are still around in our concrete jungle that is..

the last time that i was treated to a firefly spectacle was at Lim Chu Kang Hill about 6-7 yrs back during my reservist.

lots of them back then and so pretty.

can''t be too far back from my NS time. Din''t see any bright fireflies.. only very dim ones no brighter then the prometium tip
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

should be the famous rambutan hill .. I lost my way in nite typo
    end up catching the fireflies ..

Deregistered

Tekong confirm have, a few landed on me whilst during my night movement last time in BMT. Moving target?

Yes, Tekong. Was on a night mission, walking around until shacked like siao then saw those. Initial impression was that I am seeing stars after the day's activities. I thought "this time see stars, siao liao!"

then i realised that they were fireflies.

anyway, you can take a look up north. KL area or Kota Tinggi got firefly tours. they put you in a boat, go to some mangrove area and the place is filled with those buggers. i have personally never been on those tours. just read abt them.

anyone been on those tours?

isn't it very difficult to take photos of fireflies??? wat kinda setting is needed? other then an SLR what other eq is needed???