Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 84

Thread: how much have u spend on photography?

  1. #21
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: how much have u spend on photography?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I sold half of my kidney to keep my hobby in photography.

    OMG, how many kidneys does a cat hv?

  2. #22
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: how much have u spend on photography?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    It's not how much you spend on it, it's whether they worth for you to spend or not.

    For me, it's worth, even it's heavy and my weight went down recently due to them, heh heh!
    whatever spent on our BELOVED hobbies are all worth it, don't you think? LOLLLL

    Life is short. Just do it!

  3. #23
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: how much have u spend on photography?

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    whatever spent on our BELOVED hobbies are all worth it, don't you think? LOLLLL

    Life is short. Just do it!

    Life is short.... but Credit Card Debt is forever...

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  4. #24

    Default Re: how much have u spend on photography?

    wise man told me
    "You have spent a lot. But you don't feel it is enough"
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  5. #25
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: how much have u spend on photography?

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Life is short.... but Credit Card Debt is forever...
    spend within means, and Just do it!

  6. #26
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: how much have u spend on photography?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    wise man told me
    "You have spent a lot. But you don't feel it is enough"
    define "enough" please.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default Re: how much have u spend on photography?

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    whatever spent on our BELOVED hobbies are all worth it, don't you think? LOLLLL

    Life is short. Just do it!
    But you still have to give up some for other, so, you never knows which one is good for you, haha!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  8. #28
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: how much have u spend on photography?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    But you still have to give up some for other, so, you never knows which one is good for you, haha!
    Usually i do it on a rotational basis....eg from photography to radio-control flying to computer gaming to keeping marine/freshwater fishes.....and so on. Each time majority of the spending will be focused on the HOT hobby at that time.
    This way, you get to enjoy all of them. LOLLLL
    Last edited by d2xpeter; 13th May 2013 at 07:39 PM.

  9. #29

    Default Re: how much have u spend on photography?

    well..photography is NOT a cheap hobby....but...get to enjoy what we get in the end...$ can't buy that happiness?

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: how much have u spend on photography?

    You have to think of the alternative/s.

    If you did not have photography as a hobby, what else would you have indulged in?

    We are not saying any of the following are bad. It is up to the individual.

    • Casinos?

    • High end HIFI?

    • Air Travels to exotic places?

    • Luxury Cruises?

    • Night clubs & KTVs?

    • Mistresses from the usual foreign places?

    • Limousines and sport cars?

    • Art & Antique collections?

    • High society fine dining?

    • High end fancy watches?

    • Extreme Religiousness? (yes, that can be expensive too - when the religious leader says donate a lot of your money to him/the religious outfit)
    Last edited by ricohflex; 13th May 2013 at 08:55 PM.

  11. #31
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: how much have u spend on photography?

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    You have to think of the alternative/s.

    If you did not have photography as a hobby, what else would you have indulged in?

    We are not saying any of the following are bad. It is up to the individual.

    • Casinos?

    • High end HIFI?

    • Air Travels to exotic places?

    • Luxury Cruises?

    • Night clubs & KTVs?

    • Mistresses from the usual foreign places?

    • Limousines and sport cars?

    • Art & Antique collections?

    • High society fine dining?

    • High end fancy watches?

    • Extreme Religiousness? (yes, that can be expensive too - when the religious leader says donate a lot of your money to him/the religious outfit)
    agree with ricohflex,

    photography can consider a very healthy and creative hobby,
    just remember to keep your hands on your camera body and not on somebody body.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  12. #32

    Default Re: how much have u spend on photography?

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    Must bluff bluff eg "Oh THIS 1Ds Mk III ? I paid $400 for the body... expensive hor ?"

    I also spent more on my cameras and travelling (for shooting) than on my wife ..... she also will kill me if she found out

    Lucky 20 years ago, 1-carat diamond ring very cheap and bought peace n happiness for many many many years
    Like most photographer's wife, your wife would be happy to know you didn't spent the money on other woman's body
    I eats, shoots & leaves

  13. #33

    Default Re: how much have u spend on photography?

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    OMG, how many kidneys does a cat hv?
    Cat have 9 lives and 18 kidneys
    I eats, shoots & leaves

  14. #34
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: how much have u spend on photography?

    agree with Ricohflex .... there are many other hobbies that are ALOT more expensive than camera (and photography still give you the option of making a career out of it some more)
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  15. #35
    Member iguanavon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Shimonoseki
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    agree with Ricohflex .... there are many other hobbies that are ALOT more expensive than camera (and photography still give you the option of making a career out of it some more)
    I agree too.. There's other hobbies than more expensive than photography... One of them is diving, which I haven't do in a long long time Hahaha

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: how much have u spend on photography?

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    You have to think of the alternative/s.

    If you did not have photography as a hobby, what else would you have indulged in?

    We are not saying any of the following are bad. It is up to the individual.

    • Air Travels to exotic places?

    • Night clubs & KTVs?

    • Mistresses from the usual foreign places?

    • Limousines and sport cars?

    • High society fine dining?

    • High end fancy watches?

    • Extreme Religiousness? (yes, that can be expensive too - when the religious leader says donate a lot of your money to him/the religious outfit)
    My friend bought a Maserati and picked up a PRC hot chick from KTV to be his mistress. Paid her debt off, bought her expensive watches, brought her to fancy restaurants and travel to many countries. All this because the mistress treats him like god, knee down and pray to him everyday.

    My plaything dwarf when compared to his.

    Ricohflex, do you drive a Maserati?
    Last edited by ManWearPants; 14th May 2013 at 12:25 AM.

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: how much have u spend on photography?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post

    Ricohflex, do you drive a Maserati?
    Cannot afford. Only can take bus and MRT. Your friend must know that once he is out of earshot, his PRC gal will condemn him as stupid.

  18. #38

    Default Re: how much have u spend on photography?

    Good question.

    I only started last April, but by my estimates I have already spent $7k. (and mind you, it's u43 only, not FF)

    But lucky for me, all spent with my wife's full blessings.
    She sees how much I am enjoying this hobby and supports me all the way. (as long as I don't take her picture)

  19. #39
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post

    My friend bought a Maserati and picked up a PRC hot chick from KTV to be his mistress. Paid her debt off, bought her expensive watches, brought her to fancy restaurants and travel to many countries. All this because the mistress treats him like god, knee down and pray to him everyday.

    My plaything dwarf when compared to his.

    Ricohflex, do you drive a Maserati?
    what is there to envy? You take bus or MRT, definaly cost more Maseerati. Lol
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  20. #40
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default

    When I use my own money to spend on photography is in early 80's.
    So lost count liao... and dare not to know how much too.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •