Thread: Please Share!

Cool Please Share!

Hi guys, i quite new to photography. Currently trying to learn more by getting help from here. Care to share some tips and experiences? Of cos, I have to start with basic 1st. I am using Nikon F65 film slr.

Your help will be appreciated...

got anything specific you want to know? quite hard to share something that we dont know.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Join the outings and learn from the more experienced ones

Default Which lens to use?

Know not much... Which lens is good for all purpose?? Which film give the best result of the pics?

Default Recommend...

Or maybe you can recommend some books that i can read on... I am some sort of shy to join outing s

Quote Originally Posted by trigger_lim
    Or maybe you can recommend some books that i can read on... I am some sort of shy to join outing s
    When I was starting out I regularly bought Popular Photography and Photography Monthly. After over a year of subscription I stopped since the topics just repeats. I still browse them in case there's an article I find interesting.

There are a lot of good photography books that teaches the basics. Best way to find the right book for you is to visit the bookstores and browse. If you find that it's easy to understand that its for you.

Some basic stuff that you need to know
    1) How to get right exposure
    2) How to compose

There are some books that specialize about exposure. Some about composition.

Don't dwell too much on equipment.

Cheers

Know not much... Which lens is good for all purpose?? Which film give the best result of the pics?
    This is part of the fun in film photography. Experiment with different kind of films and find out which one works best for you. Of course you have to know when to use a particular ISO. Some films are good for portraits (films that give nice skin tone) and others are good for landscapes.

Try out slide film, negative film, and b&w.

Some of my favorites:
    Fuji Reala - ISO 100 - great for portraits
    Fujipress ISO 800 - a staple of pressphotographers (or so I heard)
    KodaK Portra VC ISO 400 - another great portrait film

Fuji Velvia ISO 50 - the favorite of landscape photographers

Hi. You might wanna see the links posted here
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=126591

Cool Post Images?

Thanx a lot guys!

I'm currently using a film slr, is it possible for me to post some pics for u to comments? How am i going to post it?

Seriously, your comments are the best thing coz it is you who want how the shoot is taken. Like others said, look for mag to see what kind of shots you like to take and learn to take them by doing more research.

End of the day, it is pointless to spend so much to get your 35mm films scanned just to let people comment on them. Spend the money on getting books that show you the pictures, or how the pictures are taken. Or even spend the money on courses and learn the traditional way to print etc etc, so fun

Thanx a lot guys!

I'm currently using a film slr, is it possible for me to post some pics for u to comments? How am i going to post it?
    You can scan the prints if you have a scanner at home or have the shop make the CD for you when have your film processed instead of making prints. Go to a reliable lab.

Cool Great help... Thanx... But...

Thinking of making a portfolio, but no idea where to start from? How to make my portfolio presentable? Must I use portrait to make 1? Instead of getting those expensive albums, is there other ways to make 1?

browse online galleries, everything and also browse more of the ones which interest you... read about composition and things like that..you'll soon get a good idea of what a "good" (~relative) picture is

Cool Cheese... Thax...

Pls advise on buying filters... Where they sell and roughly how much it cost? Not thinking of getting those screw-in types.