Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Singapore Lightning!

Default Singapore Lightning!

I am really excited! First time I was able to take pics of lightning! Was washing dishes when my wife told me that there were many lightning flashes outside, and asked me to take some pics. GLAD she did. So quickly set up my tripod to face out of the window (I stay on 21st floor), and just set F8, and Shutter to 8s, manual focus at infinity, and just shoot, hoping that in the 8s window I may catch some lightning, and boy, I sure did! Took over 100 shots, and only caught some only, but very pleased with it. All the shots are ONE lightning. Some I merge two, or three into one pic as the background are the same since on tripod. Cut and paste, and played with opacity with the pasted layer. (some pics have some red, green, blue dots....I think due to sensor long exposure time)

Appreciate any comments!

#1: Lightning Storm (Added top lightning to bottom one)

#2: Singapore Lightning (A few single ones all original)

#3: Strike One (Original-crop)

#4:Twin Strokes (Right one add to above)

#5: Lightning Strikes (Added another to #4)

Nice series of lightning shots. Well done

Wooo!! really love the shot #2 with the huge lightning bolt.. zap!
    RH

very nice... and very lucky....
    thansk for sharing these nice photos....

shot with a lumix??

awesome pics
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

*envy* should have been shooting when it happened instead of sticking my head in the CS forums

Very nicely done!!

P.S. - u stay in the west?

Cool ! I luv these shots !
    well done CY

Next we may see lots of Lumixer shooting in the lighting nights hopfully doing it safely.

Quote Originally Posted by tchuanye
    I am really excited! First time I was able to take pics of lightning! Was washing dishes when my wife told me that there were many lightning flashes outside, and asked me to take some pics. GLAD she did. So quickly set up my tripod to face out of the window (I stay on 21st floor), and just set F8, and Shutter to 8s, manual focus at infinity, and just shoot, hoping that in the 8s window I may catch some lightning, and boy, I sure did! Took over 100 shots, and only caught some only, but very pleased with it. All the shots are ONE lightning. Some I merge two, or three into one pic as the background are the same since on tripod. Cut and paste, and played with opacity with the pasted layer. (some pics have some red, green, blue dots....I think due to sensor long exposure time)

Appreciate any comments!

#2: Singapore Lightning (A few single ones all original)
    Thanks for sharing the tips on merging...it is a great idea to do that, since the FZ cameras can only open the shutter as long as 8 seconds only...great shots, wonderful merge!

Thanks for sharing. Hope to capture something like that one day.

Cheers
    John

Thanks guys! Hope you guys can take some also, as Spore has one of the most lightnings/area in the world......BUT pls do it safely...as I said, I stay on the 21st floor in Ghim Moh, and have a unobstructed view towards Bk Timah hill and somewhere towards the east.

Quote Originally Posted by JimDavis
    Thanks for sharing the tips on merging...it is a great idea to do that, since the FZ cameras can only open the shutter as long as 8 seconds only...great shots, wonderful merge!
    Thanks JD! #2 are all original lightnings which I paste them together in one pic. What I meant in merging was that #1 are two seperate shots taken on tripod, so I just cut and paste one over the other and adjusted the opacity of the pasted layer. Similarly for #4 and #5, each lightning is an individual shot, (e.g. #3 is the original shot) but I paste them on one pic and adjust the opacity and put a bit of erase in between each layers.

Quote Originally Posted by tchuanye
    Thanks guys! Hope you guys can take some also, as Spore has one of the most lightnings/area in the world......BUT pls do it safely...as I said, I stay on the 21st floor in Ghim Moh, and have a unobstructed view towards Bk Timah hill and somewhere towards the east.

Thanks JD! #2 are all original lightnings which I paste them together in one pic. What I meant in merging was that #1 are two seperate shots taken on tripod, so I just cut and paste one over the other and adjusted the opacity of the pasted layer. Similarly for #4 and #5, each lightning is an individual shot, (e.g. #3 is the original shot) but I paste them on one pic and adjust the opacity and put a bit of erase in between each layers.
    Ya...understand.

Since you are so good at PS, not sure if you are keen in sharing with the Lumixers here where we can organize a small group outing (maybe at your home )with some tips?

Nice shots and nice composite pic!

Very nice shots, good moment and composition. Great work !
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Wow nice !

This is fantastic..!!

Great shot you got, too bad I stay 2nd floor, only can see the sky brighten up
    yesterday..

Nice capture there. Good composition too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast