Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shoot for Charity

Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    I will be shooting film if i am going... good ops for some b&w shooting
    But too late... all places filled up already

OT: Nice to see u during NUG, Nikkie!
    come come lah, i let u take my place for one slot loh...i just hang ard watch u shoot

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by hazekang
    come come lah, i let u take my place for one slot loh...i just hang ard watch u shoot
    Too late liao... i already signed up for another shoot on the 24th liao.. next time ba...
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

hi nikkie , since theres this time slot thing does it means we must stay there at our slot keep on shooting covering the event ? or there will be rest inbetween

Quote Originally Posted by nikkie
    Dear volunteers,
    Ideally the photos taken should be provided in CD-Rom at good Jpeg resolution, though prints are fine if you are willing to give the negative also. The images we provide would be available at no costs to them for selection for use in their publications, not limited to their reports of activities (maybe even web, when they have the resource to upgrade).
    This is a voluntary service and i think is a good opportunity for CSers who wish to sharpen their phototaking skills at events while at the same time doing a community service. Amongst those who have volunteered and are already pros, please feel free to guide the learners. I assume all are D/F SLR users or EVF-type users. This is the first time i organize an outing, so please bear with me if i miss out certain things.
    Cheers!
    as different pple would be shooting different slots,
    can we get everyone to use the same setting?

film user maybe use the same type of film,
    digital users of the same make uses the same parameter.

it would be nicer for publications,
    without different 'mood' to differentiate the already different styles of photogs.

just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by judeseah
    as different pple would be shooting different slots,
    can we get everyone to use the same setting?

film user maybe use the same type of film,
    digital users of the same make uses the same parameter.

it would be nicer for publications,
    without different 'mood' to differentiate the already different styles of photogs.

just my opinion.

hmm , i think flim user will prefer different type of flim

Judeseah got a point, however i think difficult to get everyone to use same settings. but one can always try to be consistent in the mood/style of his/her own shots . nontheless a variety for their diff publication is also good. Icarus, i know you are more experienced. Perhaps you really would like to come guide some newbies.. now saying this, i'm a little worried if we can deliver suitable standard for them. i think we do a little self-elimination. perhaps it is better for newbies to use other occasions for practice (which i would again organize for more casual purposes). my responsibility in this event remains mostly coordinator.
    those who indicated their presence for the sessions, please be able to cover the duration. this is to avoid overcrowding or undercatering throughout the day. like that more manageable for the centre and more comfortable for everyone.
    Last edited by nikkie; 18th April 2005 at 12:28 AM.

i see you doing for a good cause.. but some quality is definitely expected. you should not get all newbies, maybe one or two is ok. the rest of the volunteers should be experienced photographers with some standards in their photography. otherwise in future, people would run away when they hear that clubsnappers want to help with pics! may sound farnee, but a potential reality..

Quote Originally Posted by blaine
    i see you doing for a good cause.. but some quality is definitely expected. you should not get all newbies, maybe one or two is ok. the rest of the volunteers should be experienced photographers with some standards in their photography. otherwise in future, people would run away when they hear that clubsnappers want to help with pics! may sound farnee, but a potential reality..
    That's an interesting comment. So volunteers of this shoot must go all out to take good pictures and make clubsnap proud. The rest of clubsnappers' reputations are gonna rest on you guys.

stress ah....
    okie who is the pro raise ur hand, so nikkie can better organise for at least one during each time slot loh....us amateurs no need so stress also....

hazekang, since you are gonne be around for the day. I think we can 'pang sim' already...

my pics all blur blur hazy hazy misty misty one

Talking

Icarus, i know you are more experienced. Perhaps you really would like to come guide some newbies.. now saying this, i'm a little worried if we can deliver suitable standard for them. i think we do a little self-elimination. perhaps it is better for newbies to use other occasions for practice (which i would again organize for more casual purposes). my responsibility in this event remains mostly coordinator.
    those who indicated their presence for the sessions, please be able to cover the duration. this is to avoid overcrowding or undercatering throughout the day. like that more manageable for the centre and more comfortable for everyone.
    Paiseh ar, i already have another shoot on that day...
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

it is not a monthly thing. since it is the beginning of their new campaign and it so happens that i came upon the idea and discussed with their chairperson. luckily they are willing to let us have a go at it. though i did not specifically mention it is an outing for newbies, we surely cannot expect an all pro team too.. fortunately i know there are some capable volunteers amongst us now.
    hazekang, you're being humble. your pics are nice.

nikkie i think maybe u would like to view some of my photo first if u think i may not be up to standard then maybe u would like to take my name off from the list ..

my public access online photo gallery is @

http://clos3contact.multiply.com/

let me know again

hey nikkie i did PM u abt some question but yet to recieve reply from u

s11loop, sorry for late reply. was outside till late.. your pics are excellent! sui!
    I think the outing was a success.. at least i think everyone got to shoot what they wanted, be it people, kids, flora, activities, or any of the one goings.. Thanks everyone!

s11loop, sorry for late reply. was outside till late.. your pics are excellent! sui!
    I think the outing was a success.. at least i think everyone got to shoot what they wanted, be it people, kids, flora, activities, or any of the one goings.. Thanks everyone!
    Hi guys

had a great outing today...very meaningful as well.
    just posted a couple of my shots..

After QA process, got abt 75 shots for submission
    see you guys on 8th may ...

cheers
    nhk

eh so anyone gona post links to their pics?
    cant wait to c the nice nice pics from the more experienced guys

u are welcome ! we did have fun from the outing ... so will u guys post some photo online ??? and wheres the group photo lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast