Thread: Question to ask regarding VISA when travelling to Malaysia and Indonesia

Default Question to ask regarding VISA when travelling to Malaysia and Indonesia

My itinery is like this:

SG - KL > train
    KL - Bali > plane
    Bali - Jakarta > plane
    Jakarta - KL > plane
    KL - SG > train

I'm a Singaporean, do i need special VISA or what for my intended itinery? Pls advice.. fast help needed.

It's 16 days altogether
    Last edited by behyx; 12th April 2005 at 07:38 PM.

i believe if your travel is less than 1 mth,no need visa la..

Blog Entries

think for m'sia, as long as its less than 90 days(?), u dun need a visa. not sure abt indonesia. but, as a guy, must remember to call SAF notification centre, hor??
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

SG people no need VISA, can get on arrival as an ASEAN member country....think it is 30 days, longer than that you need to apply in SG...

I am sure about the VISA on arrival fro SG citizens, but not sure about the period you can stay.....

HS

no need visa.

Quote Originally Posted by zekai
    no need visa.
    Yes you do! But you get it on arrival, it is called visa on arrival....it is just a stamp.....

You guys are lucky, I don't get it on arrival, so need to apply beforehand, although i was born in this beautiful country!

HS

ok thank you guys!
    fantastic!

If you leave Singapore by train, and the Malaysian customs at the train station does not chop your passport, please remember to keep your train ticket. You will need it for exiting Malaysia.

yes you need Visa. Citibank Visa

Quote Originally Posted by ST1100
    If you leave Singapore by train, and the Malaysian customs at the train station does not chop your passport, please remember to keep your train ticket. You will need it for exiting Malaysia.

i'm leaving for KL from JB. the train fares is weird. you pay RM if depart from JB, but pay in SGD if departs from SG. moreover, the JB train station is just a stonethrow away from the m'sia custom.

Going thru the customs from JB to S'pore is VERY slow...
    Is your train a direct train to KL?
    8 hrs on the train no joke... really boring... esp at nite...

Quote Originally Posted by ST1100
    I have always wondered, what happens if you lose your ticket? Last time I didn't know better and it was lucky I kept my ticket in my passport.

i'm leaving from JB to KL.. a 6hr night journey, sleeper bed.

regarding the tickets, well i booked it online, so i just have to printout the 'receipt' to prove. If i lost it, i just have to tell them my booking number and they see my passport to verify. that simple.

Singapore passport don't need visa.

Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    i'm leaving from JB to KL.. a 6hr night journey, sleeper bed.

regarding the tickets, well i booked it online, so i just have to printout the 'receipt' to prove. If i lost it, i just have to tell them my booking number and they see my passport to verify. that simple.
    Can't you just check carefully yourself that your passport is stamped? I assume you have to go through the customs personally? I went to KL more than fifteen years ago by train......forgot already how it went....

If you don't get a stamp, they can claim you got into the country illegally....so better make sure you get the entrance stamp, and I don't think they 'accidentally' forgot to stamp it.......you never know what people would do try things....even at the immigration.

HS

Make sure they stamp your passport.Be kiasu a bit..It won't hurt.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Yup.. normally i'd have 100% attention to the person handling my passport, lest he/she do anything funny with it.

I think they sign, not stamp.
    Last yr took train back, all they did was sign with red ink on the entry(blue) stamp.

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    Can't you just check carefully yourself that your passport is stamped? I assume you have to go through the customs personally? I went to KL more than fifteen years ago by train......forgot already how it went....

If you don't get a stamp, they can claim you got into the country illegally....so better make sure you get the entrance stamp, and I don't think they 'accidentally' forgot to stamp it.......you never know what people would do try things....even at the immigration.

HS
    For some reason, they don't stamp the passport when you leave Singapore by train. It's not a mistake, it's deliberate. i went over on train just a few weeks back in a group of seven; none of us got a passport chop.

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    I think they sign, not stamp.
    Last yr took train back, all they did was sign with red ink on the entry(blue) stamp.
    At least you got a stamp at entry (called visa on arrival)......for the signage, they are supposed to give you an exit stamp as well, maybe they are saving costs :-)

HS