Thread: Contax brand comes to an end

Default Contax brand comes to an end

Information extracted from dpreview ..

Kyocera has today announced that it has decided to terminate the Contax branded camera business. Contax joined forces with Yashica in the 1960s which became part of the electronics giant Kyocera in the mid-1990s. The history of the name goes back to the original Contax camera produced by Zeiss Ikon AG in 1932, 17 years later in 1949 they announced the Contax S, the first 35mm SLR film camera. A dark cloud has been hanging over the Contax brand since Kyocera announced it was to end of camera production last month.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0504/05041201contaxend.asp
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Default Sad...

Sad that no adopters for this camera legend.

What matter most still the lens, the Carl Zeiss quality. I suppose Carl Zeiss still exist after Contax is gone? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Caussway
    Sad that no adopters for this camera legend.
    nah dun worry, the european esp the italians, germans believed in one thing called passion and with that they will keep trying and trying not like asians only think of money, more money and much much more money. I somehow dun believe that contax will or is willing to just die like that

Hopefully, the legend of the lens will continue. Else it will be such a shame.

Bummer this really sucks! especially since i was waiting for the contax G digital as there was soooo many rumers for so long.!

There were some rumours that sony would take over the contax name.. i read that on dpreview....

Being a contax supporter I say down with leicas too!!!
    Okay dont send me hate mail