Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Budget of $300, which portable tripod should i get

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post

    CF tripod will matter if you are already lugging alot of equipment on your back... even if it's by a few hundred grams.
    How many equipments will a nex 6 user carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post

    height matters when there are railings everywhere
    I don't think it's critical and that u will face railings taller than t-005 but shorter than other full sized tripod often

    Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow View Post

    Weight will matter if you are trying to beat the baggage weight limit imposed by the airlines.
    200g diff nia?
    hi

  2. #22
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,443

    Default Re: Budget of $300, which portable tripod should i get

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanavon View Post
    Does a gorilla pod fits the above description? Can avoid railings and is very light.. Kekeke
    A couple of reasons why I dislike the gorilla pod..
    - You will be subjected to the "drummers" hitting the railings...
    - and to certain extent, it may be shakey if the wind is strong. But for this case (NEX6), shouldn't have any issues...
    - If there is nothing to "hook" on, I feel that it's abit leaning forward (imbalance)
    - Height... It's really short if you can't find a good tall pole/platform to hook on to or place on.

    Quote Originally Posted by silvermoon1407 View Post
    How many equipments will a nex 6 user carry?
    It all depends on what they carry and for what shoot and purpose...

    If one wants zoom coverage from UWA to tele and all f2.8, I'm pretty sure the weight of the lenses won't be anything lesser than 3kg. Plus the misc stuffs one will stuff into the bag when travelling. That may includes water, umbrella, batteries(all sorts), torchlights? etc. All these can weighs up to 4-6kg excluding the camera.
    Last edited by SkyStrike; 9th May 2013 at 10:23 AM.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  3. #23

    Default

    I know it is a mere 200g, but unless you fly full-service carriers, the low cost carriers will be round up the weight and charging you accordingly.

    Besides, all things add up. That's why weight savings here and there can be useful, and this was why I switched from an aluminum tripod to a carbon fiber one.

    In addition, following your logic, 200g won't add significant stability when fighting against strong winds. An additional 2kg won't be enough either. But what a carbon fiber tripod over a similar aluminum tripod can do is to take on more weight, which is what you would do when fighting against strong winds - adding weight.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post

    It all depends on what they carry and for what shoot and purpose...

    If one wants zoom coverage from UWA to tele and all f2.8, I'm pretty sure the weight of the lenses won't be anything lesser than 3kg. Plus the misc stuffs one will stuff into the bag when travelling. That may includes water, umbrella, batteries(all sorts), torchlights? etc. All these can weighs up to 4-6kg excluding the camera.
    Lol... either you r unfamiliar with the NEX system, or u r assuming TS has adapter and carry A-mount DSLR lenses to cover the range u mentioned. I'm pretty sure no nex users does that, assuming nex6 is his primary camera.

    As for tripod weight management, iirc, no body + native lens combo exceeds 1kg, much lower than the rated 3kg of t-005. With a setup that light, hanging a small weight or ur camera bag at the tripod hook is more than enough to stabilise the system in light to moderate wind. I'm a nex6 + t-005 user and I can attest to that
    hi

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    toa payoh
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: Budget of $300, which portable tripod should i get

    Guess I have to drop by tkfoto to have a look and feel of the tripod. Currently I looking at n2205 and t2204x. But when folded, it's long.... =.=

  6. #26
    Member iguanavon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Shimonoseki
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavenkid View Post
    Guess I have to drop by tkfoto to have a look and feel of the tripod. Currently I looking at n2205 and t2204x. But when folded, it's long.... =.=
    Ya, best is try it out, bring your heaviest setup to try out, incase there's other brands that you see there that fits your requirements... I've bought the N2204 and I'm a happy man Hahaha

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanavon View Post

    Ya, best is try it out, bring your heaviest setup to try out, incase there's other brands that you see there that fits your requirements... I've bought the N2204 and I'm a happy man Hahaha
    I can tell you that even a T1204 can handle a Nikon D3 with a Nikon AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8VR. Moderator nightwolf75 did that in his review. Go check out the review segment.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavenkid View Post
    Guess I have to drop by tkfoto to have a look and feel of the tripod. Currently I looking at n2205 and t2204x. But when folded, it's long.... =.=
    If you need the height, you can't expect it to shrink into the size of your palm.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

  9. #29
    Member iguanavon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Shimonoseki
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow View Post

    I can tell you that even a T1204 can handle a Nikon D3 with a Nikon AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8VR. Moderator nightwolf75 did that in his review. Go check out the review segment.
    I did mention 'if TS see some other brands'.. Not the sirui...

  10. #30
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Budget of $300, which portable tripod should i get

    whoa. budget a bit high. can get most tripods already...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •