Thread: Where can I find anhydrous alcohol to clean my CMOS?

Question Where can I find anhydrous alcohol to clean my CMOS?

There are some oil marks on it, which are presented in the photos clearly when stopped down to F8. May be touched by finger when inter change the lens. Decide to clean it by myself using cotton swab + anhydrous alcohol, where can I get the pure alcohol? Thank you very much!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Where can I find anhydrous alcohol to clean my CMOS?

Quote Originally Posted by bcerrr View Post
    There are some oil marks on it, which are presented in the photos clearly when stopped down to F8. May be touched by finger when inter change the lens. Decide to clean it by myself using cotton swab + anhydrous alcohol, where can I get the pure alcohol? Thank you very much!
    Why don't you use sensor swabs and cleaning liquid? You can get these in shops like Orient photo or Cathay photo.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Why don't you use sensor swabs and cleaning liquid? You can get these in shops like Orient photo or Cathay photo.
    Hi, thank you for your reply, I am just not sure about the ingredient of the cleaning liquid, if it contains water, it may leave water marks after drying. Another alternative choice is the LENSPEN SensorKlear kit, anyone has experience on it? Thank you again!

Hi, thank you for your reply, I am just not sure about the ingredient of the cleaning liquid, if it contains water, it may leave water marks after drying. Another alternative choice is the LENSPEN SensorKlear kit, anyone has experience on it? Thank you again!
    Loads of people use that method without problem.

I am not a fan of SensorKlear, if there is abrasive particle there when you happily rub it, you will possibly scratch the glass.

Many people also use Isopropyle Alcohol, you can get it in Watson stores. Don't soak the swabs or whatever you use, just make it damp with with liquid and you won't get stains.
    EOS

If the sensor swabs contained water and left traces, you can be sure there would have been an uproar and the company would be out of business already.

Relax, just try them.
    Alpha

Are u using a mirrorless camera (where sensor is exposed)?

Otherwise if it's D600, I believe there are reported issues with oil marks which nsc would fix.

get a small bottle of Eclipse solution from Photosol.
    "You will not be remembered for the gear you used, but by the photographs you created"

I rather leave the cleaning to the experts in CSC or NSC. Can't risk the damage.
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/