Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nikon D800 Body

Default Nikon D800 Body

Hello Guys,

My name is Alina, I'm Russian living in Singapore. My dad will be coming to SG for a visit and he would like to buy Nikon D800 Body as well as many other stuff. I'll try to list it all down here.

• EN-EL15 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery;
    • Antifog finder Eyepiece DK-14;
    • Magnifying Eyepiece DK-17M;
    • DK-19 Rubber Eyecup;
    • Speedlight SB-700 flashgun or SB-800 or SB-900 or SB-910;
    • MARUMI Super DHG Lens Protect Slim UV Filter 77;
    • Marumi 77mm CPL 77 Super DHG MC Slim Thin PL.D Filter Circular Polarizer;
    • Vanguard CK6N1 Cleaning Kit or Lenspen Photo Kit PHK-1;
    • Lenspen SensorKlear Loupe Kit SKLK-1 or Lenspen SK-IIA;
    • LensPen LP-2;
    • Battery Chargers: LA CROSSE BC-700 (TECHNOLINE) or Kweller X-1800 or LA CROSSE BC-1000 or MAHA Powerex MH-C9000 WizardOne Charger Analyzer;
    • Rechargeable batteries: Eneloop XX (HR-3UWXB) 2550mAh or Eneloop XX (HR-3UWXA) 2500mAh;
    • SILICON POWER Compact Flash (CF) 64Gb 600X Professional or Kingston Ultimate 266X.

Could you please advise on where we can buy all these things and where we can get the best deals in town!
    Thank you so much for your help!

Cheers,
    Alina

Default Re: Nikon D800 Body

I'd recommend TK Foto, Alan Photo & Cathay Photo. The former 2 can be found on level 2 of Funan Centre and the latter at Peninsula Plaza beside Funan.

TK Foto isn't the cheapest out there but they're usually reasonable and very helpful in my experience.

He should be able to find most of them in these shops that I've mentioned but I'd like to make a recommendation against those CF cards that you've listed. I'd highly suggest a better CF card like a Sandisk Extreme Pro or Lexar Professional 1000x for the D800 since it has large file sizes.
    Last edited by SojIrOu; 7th May 2013 at 08:41 PM.

Remember to keep the receipts so your dad can get the 7% Gst rebate for all the items purchased in Singapore before flying back.

I do suggest that you seek out Samuel of John 3:16 at funan level 4

He has all the items mentioned or their equivalent and he or his helper Stephen provides good advice on purchase requests with no strings attached.
    They open at 1230 on weekdays and Saturday but is closed on Sundays.

Many customers, local and overseas alike are often referrals from friends who visited the shop while many others are actually returning customers who bought stuff there before.

Quote Originally Posted by Alina Guzhavina View Post
    Hello Guys,

My name is Alina, I'm Russian living in Singapore. My dad will be coming to SG for a visit and he would like to buy Nikon D800 Body as well as many other stuff. I'll try to list it all down here.

• EN-EL15 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery;
    • Antifog finder Eyepiece DK-14;
    • Magnifying Eyepiece DK-17M;
    • DK-19 Rubber Eyecup;
    • Speedlight SB-700 flashgun or SB-800 or SB-900 or SB-910;
    • MARUMI Super DHG Lens Protect Slim UV Filter 77;
    • Marumi 77mm CPL 77 Super DHG MC Slim Thin PL.D Filter Circular Polarizer;
    • Vanguard CK6N1 Cleaning Kit or Lenspen Photo Kit PHK-1;
    • Lenspen SensorKlear Loupe Kit SKLK-1 or Lenspen SK-IIA;
    • LensPen LP-2;
    • Battery Chargers: LA CROSSE BC-700 (TECHNOLINE) or Kweller X-1800 or LA CROSSE BC-1000 or MAHA Powerex MH-C9000 WizardOne Charger Analyzer;
    • Rechargeable batteries: Eneloop XX (HR-3UWXB) 2550mAh or Eneloop XX (HR-3UWXA) 2500mAh;
    • SILICON POWER Compact Flash (CF) 64Gb 600X Professional or Kingston Ultimate 266X.

Could you please advise on where we can buy all these things and where we can get the best deals in town!
    Thank you so much for your help!

Cheers,
    Alina

Please check with TK and Cathay..

Blog Entries

Some of the items, like the DK-19 eyepiece and/or DK-14 or DK-17 will be better to get it from Nikon Service Center actually.

Buy from CS? There are plenty here!
    Don't brag about your accomplishments; Show us your future works.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Some of the items, like the DK-19 eyepiece and/or DK-14 or DK-17 will be better to get it from Nikon Service Center actually.
    I get my eye pieces from TK or CP. DK14 and DK-17M are available easily. But they are not usable together.

And lets not forget Click! photo and SLR revo, also in Funan.

For the love of Rasputin, DO NOT buy in sim lim or from shops we do not list. There are many many con artist shops in singapore that will try to sucker him with "cheap deals" that will just rip him off.
    Alpha

Your dad should be aware that nikon warranty for camera bodies are not international. For lenses and flash, warranty is international.

That being said, I will recommend Cathay for an overall pleasant experience and reasonable pricing. And like what others mentioned, stay away from shops in Sim Lim.

SojlrOu, thank you very much for your advice!
    My dad actually did mention Sandisk Extreme Pro and Lexar Professional 1000x. I was wondering if the price range for these CF cards is a lot higher than SILICON POWER Compact Flash (CF) 64Gb 600X Professional or Kingston Ultimate 266X?

Thank you =)

Quote Originally Posted by NikF601 View Post
    Remember to keep the receipts so your dad can get the 7% Gst rebate for all the items purchased in Singapore before flying back.
    Thanks for the reminder, NikF601!

Quote Originally Posted by Luminare View Post
    I do suggest that you seek out Samuel of John 3:16 at funan level 4

He has all the items mentioned or their equivalent and he or his helper Stephen provides good advice on purchase requests with no strings attached.
    They open at 1230 on weekdays and Saturday but is closed on Sundays.

Many customers, local and overseas alike are often referrals from friends who visited the shop while many others are actually returning customers who bought stuff there before.
    Thank you, Luminare!
    I did heard about this shop a lot and actually bought a few lenses there myself before!
    Will check them out, when my dad is here!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    And lets not forget Click! photo and SLR revo, also in Funan.

For the love of Rasputin, DO NOT buy in sim lim or from shops we do not list. There are many many con artist shops in singapore that will try to sucker him with "cheap deals" that will just rip him off.
    Really? We should not go to Sim Lim? I was actually thinking its the best spot to go and find all these stuff!
    Okay okay! I shall trust you then!
    Thanks for your advice!

From Russia with love

Quote Originally Posted by Alina Guzhavina View Post
    Really? We should not go to Sim Lim? I was actually thinking its the best spot to go and find all these stuff!
    Okay okay! I shall trust you then!
    Thanks for your advice!

From Russia with love
    Sim Lim is the worst place to do camera/electronics purchases, even for the seasoned and well-prepared buyers who live in SG.

Quote Originally Posted by trd2970 View Post
    Your dad should be aware that nikon warranty for camera bodies are not international. For lenses and flash, warranty is international.

That being said, I will recommend Cathay for an overall pleasant experience and reasonable pricing. And like what others mentioned, stay away from shops in Sim Lim.
    Thank you, trd2970!
    Gonna stay away from Sim Lim!

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    May I know why do you think it would be better to get DK-19 eyepiece and/or DK-14 or DK-17 from Nikon Service Center?
    Thank you

Do you guys know what's the market price for Nikon D800 Body now?
    Cheers,
    Alina G

Quote Originally Posted by SojIrOu View Post
    I'd recommend TK Foto, Alan Photo & Cathay Photo. The former 2 can be found on level 2 of Funan Centre and the latter at Peninsula Plaza beside Funan.

TK Foto isn't the cheapest out there but they're usually reasonable and very helpful in my experience.

He should be able to find most of them in these shops that I've mentioned but I'd like to make a recommendation against those CF cards that you've listed. I'd highly suggest a better CF card like a Sandisk Extreme Pro or Lexar Professional 1000x for the D800 since it has large file sizes.
    Thank you very much for your advice, SojlrOu!

My dad actually did mention Sandisk Extreme Pro and Lexar Professional 1000x. I was wondering if the price range for these CF cards is a lot higher compared to SILICON POWER Compact Flash (CF) 64Gb 600X Professional or Kingston Ultimate 266X?

Thanks!
    Cheers,
    Alina G

Quote Originally Posted by lenslust View Post
    Sim Lim is the worst place to do camera/electronics purchases, even for the seasoned and well-prepared buyers who live in SG.
    Alright! Noted!!!
    Cheers,
    Alina G

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast