Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cloud only, by subscription - Adobe to stop selling boxed copies of Creative Suite

Default Re: Cloud only, by subscription - Adobe to stop selling boxed copies of Creative Suit

Quote Originally Posted by iguanavon View Post
    Meaning there won't be a 'student' price anymore?
    Sure will have student rate subscription but goodbye to that 100 plus only CS Suite that can work without internet connection and with physical cds so that can reinstall/repair anytime.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Default Re: Subscription-based Adobe software soon

Quote Originally Posted by diediealsomustdive View Post
    If you buy the box software, you can use the software anytime thereafter so long as there is a hardware that will support it. But if you subscribe and terminate the subscription, then you lose the use of any psd file forever.

And to be fair, each time you buy a new camera you willingly pay for a new version of Photoshop, even if you don't need the new features? Just looking for support for new camera, not new feature. And by buying box software one can skip generation, not constant upgrade.

But my biggest grouse is still I will lose my psd the moment I stop paying. Or when I am hiking in some remote place and the computer cannot access the internet...
    all my files are save as tiff, layered tiff..
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Time to down grade to PS Elements?

One thinking is to get the latest Photoshop that supports your DSLR then look for alternative. Another is to figure out how much is covered in Light room and see if you can drop Photoshop or get help from Elements.

Blog Entries

i suspect its to prevent piracy hmm.

just a quick show.

The Most Popular Pirated Software - Stolen Software: Piracy Hits More than Movies and Music | PCMag.com
    from here

Application Bittorrent Seeds
    DriverPack Solution 11 17465
    Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 6484
    Microsoft Office 2010 3036
    Microsoft Word 2007 2378

and driverpack is FOC. lol

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    i suspect its to prevent piracy hmm.
    there's no reason why they can't implement a similar system of frequent call-ups by the software over the net to the Adobe server even with perpetual licensed software...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12