Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Need advise from pros on selling stock to Getty

  1. #1

    Default Need advise from pros on selling stock to Getty

    I thinking of selling stock pictures to Getty Images. However, my photo contain candid shots of strangers on streets. I wonder if I'd be sued or anything from the "model" in the photo. I heard we need something called model release form.

    Any advise from the pros out there?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Earth
    Posts
    80

    Thumbs up Advice and Tip

    Yes, you do need a release from the models. In fact, you need seperate releases when you are photographing children or at a private property. The process can be complicated. You may land up in court if you are not careful, especially in Singapore.

    For your information I shoot for Getty. Tips: The most profitable images on Getty now are those of Indians. Why Indians? Because India is going to be the next economy superpower. Even China is making ties with them now.

  3. #3
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default

    really? so if no release is obtained, on what grounds (ie what's the cause of action) can the "models" take action against you?

    Quote Originally Posted by photopurist
    Yes, you do need a release from the models. In fact, you need seperate releases when you are photographing children or at a private property. The process can be complicated. You may land up in court if you are not careful, especially in Singapore.
    what are "separate releases"?

    Quote Originally Posted by photopurist
    In fact, you need seperate releases when you are photographing children or at a private property.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    2,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winters
    I thinking of selling stock pictures to Getty Images. However, my photo contain candid shots of strangers on streets. I wonder if I'd be sued or anything from the "model" in the photo. I heard we need something called model release form.

    Any advise from the pros out there?
    If you don't have the appropriate model releases your shot(s) will be rejected by any agency that's reputable. It's as simple as that. See elsewhere on the CS forums for indepth discussion of model releases and copyright issues.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

  5. #5
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default

    Whilst there is probably no cause of action for the "model" to sue you as far as Singapore laws go, as Ian said, some stock companys (especially those of US origin and who operate under the misunderstanding that US laws applies worldwide) will insist on a model release before accepting your images.



    Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    If you don't have the appropriate model releases your shot(s) will be rejected by any agency that's reputable. It's as simple as that. See elsewhere on the CS forums for indepth discussion of model releases and copyright issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winters
    I thinking of selling stock pictures to Getty Images. However, my photo contain candid shots of strangers on streets. I wonder if I'd be sued or anything from the "model" in the photo. I heard we need something called model release form.

    Any advise from the pros out there?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •