Thread: chinese text in photoshop?

Default chinese text in photoshop?

hey guys, i need some help. I am currently embarking a project that i need to key in chinese text. Had a few failed attempt in doing so using photoshop. Wondering if photoshop could read chinese text(even cut and paste from Words). If not, what other program could i use?

Default chinese text in photoshop?

Try Firework MX, it should be able write chinese text.

i've done it before, no problem with that. just make sure u've got the fonts intstalled.

im using cs by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by digistar
    Try Firework MX, it should be able write chinese text.
    Are u a expert in firework mx?

Default expert in firework mx?

Quote Originally Posted by John Tan
    Are u a expert in firework mx?

I use Firework for my work, not an expert in firework as not all function I know, but I did created chinese text before in firework.

Quote Originally Posted by uncleparty
    i've done it before, no problem with that. just make sure u've got the fonts intstalled.

im using cs by the way.
    install the fonts? How do i do that?

i'm using ps7. Does it make any different?

lemmi clarify. u copy fonts the way u would any other fonts, into ur windows font's folder. you dont need to copy new fonts if ur okay with the fonts which came when u installed ur OS (if at all u selected that option).

PS is not the programme u would use to enter the chinese text, but it can recognise and read chinese text. the programme to type out the text, would be a seperate chinese programme.

im asumming u already have a prog to write chinese, since u are able to copy over to PS from word?

PS7 shouldnt be a problem, if i recall correctly, i did do some chinese stuff on ps7 also.

hope it helps

this and this was made in PS. i dunno wat the red words are, friend help me type nonsense den used a old font.

if u have problems with that (which i doubt u will), u can try illustrator. i use that for wedding dinner invites.

two cents.

I used to use PS7 previously but I cannot enter chinese text. GIMP however can enter chinese text. No prob hope it helps.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

PS7 has no problem for Chinese Text. Though, notes to take:

For ENGLISH windows, you need to make your OS uses Chinese as base for non-unicode software. Go to your Regional Options in CP and go to Advanced (for XP) or set default for Win2K

OR, you use a program (such as Chinese Star), that virtually convert your PS to chinese base.

Quote Originally Posted by uncleparty
    lemmi clarify. u copy fonts the way u would any other fonts, into ur windows font's folder. you dont need to copy new fonts if ur okay with the fonts which came when u installed ur OS (if at all u selected that option).

PS is not the programme u would use to enter the chinese text, but it can recognise and read chinese text. the programme to type out the text, would be a seperate chinese programme.

im asumming u already have a prog to write chinese, since u are able to copy over to PS from word?

PS7 shouldnt be a problem, if i recall correctly, i did do some chinese stuff on ps7 also.

hope it helps
    hmmm the copy and paste can't really work for me. I was quite surprised when my ps7 couldnt let me paste the chinese text. Coz i remembered i just did a project that used chinese fonts as well lately on cs.. so i was wondering is there any difference. Maybe its the OS thingy.. and i am not too sure how to fix it. Oh man great site u have there anyway.. awesome.. i like u webpage.. and the song.. cool~~!!

Quote Originally Posted by tunster
    PS7 has no problem for Chinese Text. Though, notes to take:

For ENGLISH windows, you need to make your OS uses Chinese as base for non-unicode software. Go to your Regional Options in CP and go to Advanced (for XP) or set default for Win2K

OR, you use a program (such as Chinese Star), that virtually convert your PS to chinese base.
    i am currently using NJstar to type the chinese text on words documnent. So does that convert my PS to chinese base automatically?

Guys.. guess what? i just did it..

Thanks for all the help rendered!

armand, can share how u do it ? I'm also using NJstar to input chinese character...