Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: D4 Buyers... a $600-800 price drop is coming !! :)

Blog Entries

Default Re: D4 Buyers... a $600-800 price drop is coming !! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1 View Post
    But just don't know where is the direction of the XQD format memory card ?

Now only Sony is manufacturing it.
    Lexar XQD cards are already on sale...

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Lexar XQD cards are already on sale...
    Just saw it, the price is so expensive.

Just saw it, the price is so expensive.
    The Lexars were rated above the Sony H/S series speed. Not sure if it's true, didn't order. If only Sandisk made XQDs.

Quote Originally Posted by lenslust View Post
    The Lexars were rated above the Sony H/S series speed. Not sure if it's true, didn't order. If only Sandisk made XQDs.
    Alr all fast enough...... XQD's have their place if taking F1 GP Images / fast sports ... or for a mythical D4X 36-42Mpix monster.... and frankly maybe the D800 even.
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfive View Post
    Alr all fast enough...... XQD's have their place if taking F1 GP Images / fast sports ... or for a mythical D4X 36-42Mpix monster.... and frankly maybe the D800 even.
    I'm beginning to feel the brunt on using SDs on the D600, if D600S comes with XQD x 2, I'll change.

I'm beginning to feel the brunt on using SDs on the D600, if D600S comes with XQD x 2, I'll change.
    XQD is much larger than SD card! There may not be enough space to house 2 XQD slots in a D600 form factor.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

Unlikely sorry.

I do feel that the last quarter of 2014 / perhaps in time for Xmas 2014 you may see a D800S come out... a few minor tweaks and a 1fps shutter improvement, perhaps also with a new chip / processor... not sure even this will get the XQD card though.
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow View Post
    XQD is much larger than SD card! There may not be enough space to house 2 XQD slots in a D600 form factor.
    At least 2 CFs then. Argh.

Just a wish.

Unlikely sorry.

I do feel that the last quarter of 2014 / perhaps in time for Xmas 2014 you may see a D800S come out... a few minor tweaks and a 1fps shutter improvement, perhaps also with a new chip / processor... not sure even this will get the XQD card though.
    It's a wish, I know it isn't possible, now I'm lugging 20 over pieces of CF/XQD/SD, it's painful, just wish for a faster standard across the cameras. The D600 takes a pretty long time to review an image after shooting. Sometimes I just love the D4 to bits because of it's speed. The D600's a pretty performer, but... SD... argh!

It's a dream... a dream, for dual XQD on D600S. D800S... I don't know, I'm comfy with 24MP, but 36MP, a bit straining on my systems even with tonnes of SSD & RAM.

The 5.5 FPS on the D600 wins the 3.5 on the D800... so....

Oh well, back to D4.

I think why only D4 with the XQD card is because of the FPS.

Doubt it will be implement on other models unless prices of XQD price is same as SD card...................

I think why only D4 with the XQD card is because of the FPS.

Doubt it will be implement on other models unless prices of XQD price is same as SD card...................
    The CF is sufficient also for the FPS, till date, there's only once I was shooting with CF and the buffer got filled up (yes, 53 buffer & the card is still clearing).

XQD was supposed to supersede the speed limit on CFs, 90mbps (reaching 128, 168mbps), so I won't say it's meant for D4 alone. In months/years where FX are getting larger in size (36, 72, 128, 256mp), speed will hit a serious issues on storage. CF/SD won't be fast enough to handle.

A new format, is the way, but they should have prepared the users first, get a consensus before they pumped it into the D4. If Canon doesn't pick up the XQD, no other manufacturers will, and XQD will just die off with D4. D5 will come with maybe RAID5 CFs?

It's 'uniqueness' is causing the price to be high right now, if it becomes a norm, it will reach probably the same pricing as CF or even SD.

HOLD Buying lenses also bros !! Saving on lenses might also be coming....

" Good news from Nikon Australia this week is the announcement of substantial price drops on a range Nikkor lenses.
    Biggest savings are on selected Super Telephotos, but include a big saving of AUD $250 on the popular 70-200mm AF-S VRII @ $XXXX - which brings it into line with 'grey' product from overseas suppliers. "

A SGD $300+ reduction on the 70-200 VR2 !!! AWESOME STUFF !!

Blog Entries

HOLD Buying lenses also bros !! Saving on lenses might also be coming....

" Good news from Nikon Australia this week is the announcement of substantial price drops on a range Nikkor lenses.
    Biggest savings are on selected Super Telephotos, but include a big saving of AUD $250 on the popular 70-200mm AF-S VRII @ $XXXX - which brings it into line with 'grey' product from overseas suppliers. "

A SGD $300+ reduction on the 70-200 VR2 !!! AWESOME STUFF !!
    Too late, I bought everything liao.

USA had similar promotions since the end of 2012 with bundle deals as well as purchases of lens ranging from $50 - $250 off certain lens.

Singapore seems to be behind time on such promotions ...... i do be happy when their 400 f/2.8 or 600 f/4 have discounts

Quote Originally Posted by Luminare View Post
    USA had similar promotions since the end of 2012 with bundle deals as well as purchases of lens ranging from $50 - $250 off certain lens.

Singapore seems to be behind time on such promotions ...... i do be happy when their 400 f/2.8 or 600 f/4 have discounts
    This is NOT a promotion in Australia... this is real time price drops throughout their pro lenses.

Will there be an adjustment in prices over in Singapore also?

Quote Originally Posted by panda037 View Post
    Will there be an adjustment in prices over in Singapore also?
    Me to !!

80-400 drop drop drop.
    D800 | N 50/1.8G | N 24-70/2.8G | T 150-600VC | S 35/1.4DG

Just receive my Sony 32GB XQD S Memory card.

By the way, is it made in Taiwan ?

Quote Originally Posted by boxerfan View Post
    80-400 drop drop drop.
    You intend to buy one and drop it down 3 times ??? or the price ? Should not be fast because the new version is still too new.. maybe after 6 months it should be stable and hope $3k +

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast