Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 or Sigma 17-50 f2.8??

Default Re: Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 or Sigma 17-50 f2.8??

WOW GUYS. Ya'll making this difficult.

I've never tried to use the wider range of the tokina before, but I'm quite sure it'll be great to have.
    And with tokina, I can complement my kit lens. (BTW, I have a 550D, haven't said that yet) But with sigma, the quality of the photos would be better than kit, generally.

One thing, I'm scared of getting robbed of my lens, especially since I'm going europe. I might just be paranoid, but bringing extra lens can be a burden and a greater loss if I do get targeted.
    So, problems problems. Still have think it over a while, and if I can get my hands on the tokina from my classmate, I will try it on.

Thanks guys!

Default Re: Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 or Sigma 17-50 f2.8??

Bro, like the others have said, get the tokina 11-16 f2.8 first, it will complement well your kit lens.. then get the sigma 17-50mm next, after your trip when you have the money already... they are both excellent for crop sensor cameras.. i own the sigma 17-50mm and will buy the tokina 11-16 in the future...

don't be too paranoid getting rob, but i feel you... i also feel like you when i travel... but i think that i won't enjoy my trip when i live in paranoia... just be careful and observe first your surroundings before you take out your valuables... always plan your safety precaution and walk in groups - things like that... don't forget to enjoy your trip....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12