Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dont buy another camera bag! Improvise!

I was thinking to use those cooler bags.with handles .. then use some inserts.. that way I can zip up cooler bag, go direct from outer bag to dry cabinet quickly..kinda like those f-stop bags

Default Re: Dont buy another camera bag! Improvise!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanlio View Post
    I was thinking to use those cooler bags.with handles .. then use some inserts.. that way I can zip up cooler bag, go direct from outer bag to dry cabinet quickly..kinda like those f-stop bags
    What's the point? These bags will have outside RH anyway. Or do you also plan to stuff the bag with dry gel packs? Otherwise you will have stagnant humid air in the bag. Anyway, I don't think any camera needs such mollycoddling. They are made to be used. Dry cabinet is for long term storage.
    EOS

Default Re: Dont buy another camera bag! Improvise!

Quote Originally Posted by fatigue View Post
    OT a bit.
    Try not to put your water bottle inside your camera bag for obvious reasons.
    forgot to mention it was placed on another partition of the bag..total have 3 flaps.main camera insert was on 2nd..water bottle one was on the first.heh

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    What's the point? These bags will have outside RH anyway. Or do you also plan to stuff the bag with dry gel packs? Otherwise you will have stagnant humid air in the bag. Anyway, I don't think any camera needs such mollycoddling. They are made to be used. Dry cabinet is for long term storage.
    Need to swap in n out my d700 Ff n lens or m43 + lens for diff situations.. lazy to pick item by item.. so swap in n out the cooler bags..
    Ya.. good point on the humid air trap.. will unzip the cooler bag when in storage. Good advise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12