Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thought Chen Fu Ji was about fried rice

Default Re: Thought Chen Fu Ji was about fried rice

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    An elderly PRC gentleman gave the treat and a woman who was among the diners made the complaint.
    Extreme loss of face by the PRC gentleman. He wanted to show his generosity as a host and yet being made a mockery by this lady friend. What is $5k for a 20pax dinner to some people, ie $250 pax. What is suppose to be a show of face becomes the talking point of the town. I remembered reading the host ordered something expensive without even wanting to know the price. I don't know what is the relationship of this lady friend to the gentleman. I hope she is someone close else probably won't be invited to the next dinner.

Just like why some people buy Leica when PnS also can take photos? Why some buy Ferrari when Singapore got so many traffic lights?
    Last edited by ManWearPants; 7th May 2013 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Extreme loss of face by the PRC gentleman. He wanted to show his generosity as a host and yet being made a mockery by this lady friend. What is $5k for a 20pax dinner to some people, ie $250 pax. What is suppose to be a show of face becomes the talking point of the town. I remembered reading the host ordered something expensive without even wanting to know the price. I don't know what is the relationship of this lady friend to the gentleman. I hope she is someone close else probably won't be invited to the next dinner.

Just like why some people buy Leica when PnS also can take photos? Why some buy Ferrari when Singapore got so many traffic lights?
    This type of mentality fuels this chop-carrot-head shops to continue to operate. There is a difference between knowingly paying a high price based on an overpriced menu, and getting ketok without knowing what hit you.

Quote Originally Posted by surrephoto View Post

This type of mentality fuels this chop-carrot-head shops to continue to operate. There is a difference between knowingly paying a high price based on an overpriced menu, and getting ketok without knowing what hit you.
    Aiya, it is like why some bring their clients to high class KTV. The more you spend, it shows more sincerity and potentially get better returns.

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Aiya, it is like why some bring their clients to high class KTV. The more you spend, it shows more sincerity and potentially get better returns.
    yup. but sometimes, things can just blow up in your face

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123