Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thought Chen Fu Ji was about fried rice

Default Re: Thought Chen Fu Ji was about fried rice

To know if it is good, why don't we all go and try CFJ fried rice. Then no need to speculate. When?

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    To know if it is good, why don't we all go and try CFJ fried rice. Then no need to speculate. When?
    Time for CFJ CS outing?

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    so.. you're rather believe that people can only say bad things about others, but people saying good things are unbelievable?

anyways don't beat yourself up about being a totally negative person. after-all, you're a Singapore Son. it's common
    alamak, as I said you can draw your conclusion. if you believe the good reviews, then you go and eat at chen fu ji lor. I believe the bad reviews so I won't eat that lor.

Like that also can argue...

I am not sure whether to explain further as past experiences has shown it is usually futile.

There is a difference between bad/good reviews online. If you spend anytime online with review sites like hungrygogwhere, tripadvisor, etc, you will understand there is really a lot of cases of fake GOOD reviews mainly because there is a motivation (for the business owner) to generate a lot of fake good reviews. Fake bad reviews are MUCH rarer. Reason, there is usually no good reason to target ONE competitor as the gains are usually marginal and the risk of faking bad reviews is higher (nobody will come after you for faking good reviews about yourself but there is a serious chance, people will come after you if you fake bad reviews about them).
    Last edited by dniwkh; 4th May 2013 at 05:39 PM.

ask your wife, husband or partner to cook for you
    food cooked with love always tastes a bit different.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    ask your wife, husband or partner to cook for you
    food cooked with love always tastes a bit different.
    .... that would really be a bad idea.... for me anyway....

my daughter can attest to that.

When the original was at Keong Siak 25 years ago, it was good but very expensive at $8 when a plate of cze char fried rice was $2. But it was no better than the crab fried rice you eat in Thailand at $3 then.

Last time I was there was 2 years ago. The fried rice was no better than anywhere else but more expensive. Disappointing service. No way I'll go back.

$5,900 for 20 persons? That's almost $300 per person. Even if the fish was $2,000, it would mean $200 per person. At $200, you can eat at the very best restaurants in Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by dniwkh View Post
    .... that would really be a bad idea.... for me anyway....

my daughter can attest to that.
    I assume your wife is not CS member ?

Quote Originally Posted by dniwkh View Post
    alamak, as I said you can draw your conclusion. if you believe the good reviews, then you go and eat at chen fu ji lor. I believe the bad reviews so I won't eat that lor.

Like that also can argue...

I am not sure whether to explain further as past experiences has shown it is usually futile.

There is a difference between bad/good reviews online. If you spend anytime online with review sites like hungrygogwhere, tripadvisor, etc, you will understand there is really a lot of cases of fake GOOD reviews mainly because there is a motivation (for the business owner) to generate a lot of fake good reviews. Fake bad reviews are MUCH rarer. Reason, there is usually no good reason to target ONE competitor as the gains are usually marginal and the risk of faking bad reviews is higher (nobody will come after you for faking good reviews about yourself but there is a serious chance, people will come after you if you fake bad reviews about them).
    your last sentence is true... because it did happen

Samsung Taiwan apologies for the fake HTC One reviews | SamMobile

anyways, i'm not starting an argument. apparently you just think that anyone who disagrees with your statement is trying to start a pissing contest with you. have a nice, negative evening guv'nor

Dr Leslie Tay's recommendations on food are reliable. If you type in "ieatishootipost chen fu ji" in Google.

There are NO matches. It says something, right? Learn to read from what is not there.

Anyway, ieatishootipost recommendation for fried rice is:

Cafe de Hong Kong: The Search for Fried Rice Paradise

There will be tze char stalls in your neighbourhood that can deliver good fried rice at a mere fraction of the cost of the Chen Fu Ji version.

. . . . . . . See this.

Last edited by ricohflex; 5th May 2013 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    When the original was at Keong Siak 25 years ago, it was good but very expensive at $8 when a plate of cze char fried rice was $2. But it was no better than the crab fried rice you eat in Thailand at $3 then.

Last time I was there was 2 years ago. The fried rice was no better than anywhere else but more expensive. Disappointing service. No way I'll go back.

$5,900 for 20 persons? That's almost $300 per person. Even if the fish was $2,000, it would mean $200 per person. At $200, you can eat at the very best restaurants in Singapore.
    This says a lot of our ppl's mentality here

Think of that Puggol nasi lemak. What's so good abt them? One fried wing, fish cake and some ikan bilis, will cost $9. Their wing is organic one and their fish cake is whale meat is it?

We are just too naive, comes to many things in SG. when we see a queue, we just follow. When asked why are we queuing, we actually don't know the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post

I don't know why are you still harping on the $5900 for 20 pax when it has been clarified that the final bill was $3000+ instead. You may want to get your facts right.

erm...

The original bill was $5,893.45.
    The diner HAD TO DISPUTE the bill before the restaurant reduced the final bill to $3,922.70.
    That is a difference of $1,970.75.
    2 plates fried squid $704
    (edit) 20 persons' share of Pu'Er tea cost $80. (edit)
    A portion of fried rice that was listed at $180
    Four crabs for $812.
    A touch screen error that showed the fish as $2,000 and was subsequently corrected.

Observations:
    • If the diner was afraid to lose face, she would have signed the Visa slip and paid up.
    • If the diner was in a hurry or was not attentive, she would have just signed the Visa slip.
    • If this matter was not raised by the diner and later in Internet media, public would not have known about it.
    • If you discover the "mistake" and forcefully dispute it, only then they change the bill.
    (edit)
    • Is this restaurant in a class where it can charge $704 for 2 plates fried squid? What do you think?

• $3,922.70 is still a lot of money.
    Are YOU, the diner, in a class where you can nonchalantly pay this amount of money for what seems to be ordinary cooked food?
    Last edited by ricohflex; 6th May 2013 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    erm...

The original bill was $5,893.45.
    The diner HAD TO DISPUTE the bill before the restaurant reduced the final bill to $3,922.70.
    That is a difference of $1,970.75.
    2 plates fried squid $704
    One person's share of Pu'Er tea could cost $80.
    A portion of fried rice that was listed at $180
    Four crabs for $812.
    A touch screen error that showed the fish as $2,000 and was subsequently corrected.

Observations:
    • If the diner was afraid to lose face, she would have signed the Visa slip and paid up.
    • If the diner was in a hurry or was not attentive, she would have just signed the Visa slip.
    • If this matter was not raised by the diner and later in Internet media, public would not have known about it.
    • If you discover the "mistake" and forcefully dispute it, only then they change the bill.
    • Is this restaurant in a class where it can charge $80 for one person's share of Pu'Er tea? What do you think?
    • Is this restaurant in a class where it can charge $704 for 2 plates fried squid? What do you think?

• $3,922.70 is still a lot of money.
    Are YOU, the diner, in a class where you can nonchalantly pay this amount of money for what seems to be ordinary cooked food?
    Let us not forget...

- It was 20 Pu Er at $4 each, making it 80 TOTAL.
    - The Dragon Garoupa
    - The bottle of Chivas Regal 18 years she ordered
    - 12 orders of fried rice @ $15 each...
    - 20 orders of stamed bamboo clam @ $18 each...

It really helps not to cut out half the facts...
    Alpha

• Are YOU, the diner, in a class where you can nonchalantly pay this amount of money for what seems to be ordinary cooked food?
    Sorry, what is extraordinary cooked food?

erm...

those who are wise enough to know where they can afford to eat.

the foolhardy , spendthrift or careless- who will save them ?
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post

Let us not forget...

- It was 20 Pu Er at $4 each, making it 80 TOTAL.
    - The Dragon Garoupa
    - The bottle of Chivas Regal 18 years she ordered
    - 12 orders of fried rice @ $15 each...
    - 20 orders of stamed bamboo clam @ $18 each...

It really helps not to cut out half the facts...
    Things like that are what a certain group of people are doing to demonize another group

An elderly PRC gentleman gave the treat and a woman who was among the diners made the complaint.
    This was clarified by the restaurant CEO in Facebook.

I have read the Chen Fu Ji CEO Roger Koh's reply in Facebook.
    He handled the Public Relations aspect very well.
    He acknowledged it was the restaurant's responsibility to check the bill for correctness before presenting it to the diner.
    He apologised.

Yes, the tea should be for 20.
    However in the "corrected" bill, they did not strike out the (1 person) for the Pu Er.

But the tea is a minor point.
    The original bill error of $5,893.45. is extremely serious.

I have examined the image of the "corrected" bill in Facebook.
    If I am not wrong, there are serious problems in the "corrected" bill.

Will keep you posted once I sort it out.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 5th May 2013 at 11:23 PM.

Check the calculation below. Although the $704 cost of the Deep Fried Squid was struck out and "$64" hand written in ball pen.
    Although the "4 Snack" and "4 Fish Snack" were crossed out in ball pen on the bill.

Please note that the final total of $3,922.70 paid by the diner in the so-called "corrected" bill is exactly as though NO CHANGES were made. The diner still paid $704 for the Deep Fried Squid, in the end.

The final total should be different and less by a lot, if the correct price of the Deep Fried Squid was reflected in the calculation.

This is the image of the bill. (Photo credit: Stomp)
    [IMG][/IMG]

This is the calculation of the bill.

Qty Item Amount
    20 Pu Er (1 person) 80.00
    22 Deep Fried Squid (L) 704.00
    1 Chivas Regal 18 years 368.00
    1 xo jelly fish 30.00
    1 jelly fish 30.00
    2 Onion Cucumber3 60.00
    1 dragon Garoupa 237.60
    2 Spinach Toufu 72.00
    2 Crispy Roasted Duck (HALF) 56.00
    12 Golden Imperial Fried Rice 180.00
    2 Seafood Hor Fun w/ Egg(L) 96.00
    14 Boiled Live Prawns (100g) 137.20
    20 Steamed Bamboo Clam with 360.00
    140 Sri Lanka Crab (Above 2kg 812.00
    4 Snack 8.00
    4 Fish Snack 24.00
    20 Towel 6.00
    2 Hong Kong Kailan (L) 72.00
    10% svc charge 333.28
    subtotal 3666.08
    7% GST on subtotal 256.63
    Last edited by ricohflex; 5th May 2013 at 11:57 PM.

Yes, the tea should be for 20.
    However in the "corrected" bill, they did not strike out the (1 person) for the Pu Er.

But the tea is a minor point.
    The original bill error of $5,893.45. is extremely serious.

I have examined the image of the "corrected" bill in Facebook.
    If I am not wrong, there are serious problems in the "corrected" bill.

Will keep you posted once I sort it out.
    Dear Uncle,

it's 20 x Pu Er Tea (1 Person). Meaning 20 portions of Pu Er Tea for 1 person each.

in trying to find fault with the restaurant, you've ignored everything else to condemn them, even if it's ridiculous.

and in the end, didn't the old man pay for the meal?

the price must have seemed reasonable to him.

but it definitely isn't for you, because either you're jealous that he can afford it while you can't, or you're just trying to make yourself look silly chasing shadows.
    Last edited by kei1309; 6th May 2013 at 12:34 AM.

If the restaurant had sincerely intended to change the price of the deep fried squid from $704 to $64 (as shown in writing on the bill); and if the elderly PRC diner had paid $3,922.70 according to the "corrected" bill.

Then the restaurant should get in touch with him to refund the difference.

It is not a matter of whether the diner had willingly paid the wrong (higher) sum that was billed to him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast