not stranger than a cat standing upright on 2.
A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
You can get acid in lots of places if you know what you are looking for and paid attention in high school chemistry class.
The perpetrator/s in these incidents:
• may or may not be one person/same person. Could be multiple persons.
• seem to have a special grudge against public transportation systems e.g. MRT, bus stop
• so what is the attacker's message behind the attacks? What is the motivation here?
• does not seem to be attacking other public places like say, hawker centre seats or cinema seats
• is careful to spread out the timing of the attacks over a long period of time to avoid arrest
• is disciplined enough to control the urge to carry more attacks within a short time period
• if perpetrator is simply a psycho case, then this strict discipline is not normal
• is sophisticated enough to pull it off in a public MRT train cabin and not even get spotted or caught
• is knowledgeable enough to use the corrosive substance in the right concentrations
By successfully evading arrest after multiple attacks, will the perpetrators feel jaded?
Like in heroin drug addiction, a bigger dose is needed to attain the same "high".
So, will the perpetrators graduate on to bigger attacks on larger numbers of victims?
Why is the police so silent on progress to uncover this?
Any public service announcements or advice to stay safe?
In the case of the female Malaysian beautician who was attacked last year and felt the acid immediately, was there a request by the police to other passengers who were in that MRT train cabin, to come forward - and describe / try to remember the person who was in that seat just before the beautician.
It is a specific date, place and time. The investigators can scan through the CCTV records of people who alighted from that MRT station.
Do the same for this latest attack.
Latest face recognition software is advanced and can pick out the same face/s that appear in CCTV records after several attacks.
Last edited by ricohflex; 3rd May 2013 at 09:14 PM.
Maybe the culprit has a medical condition. He sat on the seat and farted out his gastric juices.
seems like someone has been arrested.
Man nabbed over "acid burn" incident on train - Channel NewsAsia