View Poll Results: Casino or not?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    33 36.26%
  • No

    54 59.34%
  • Dunno

    4 4.40%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 101

Thread: Casino or not?

  1. #81
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zig
    i dont feel its morally wrong to open a casino here in singapore... if you feel its morally wrong..then dont go, simple as that... we shouldnt rely on the govt to shield everything bad away from us.
    Then what is the gahmen doing? Introduce everything and ask us to discern right from wrong?

    You try telling the gamblers don't go to casino lor, see what they tell you.

    Quote Originally Posted by zig
    in fact having a casino in singapore will give us a new perspective of things maybe have more jobs and more subcultures be it psedo or not.
    This will be the best reason the gahmen is giving, and there will still be no jobs for SGeans.

    Quote Originally Posted by zig
    a chinese proverb once stated that clean waters bear no fishes.
    Unfortunately, it only works if it's true.

  2. #82
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    Yes, i do suppose so too. Otherwise it would mean the world would be full of relatively rich, very rich or super rich guys. And less of such people like u and me who are with avg salary.
    Yeah after gambling and declaring bankrupt with broken families and orphans, hell sure there will be less of us!

    Why not start building orphanages now since the gahmen plans so far ahead?



    Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    So u think the rich wouldn't consider making a little more money? Aren't they human too? Only the poor would desire more money and not the rich? Isn't it more likely that because the rich have money, that they so believe they can afford to gamble?
    They would, but definitely not through gambling, to them gambling is a relaxation, they CAN afford to lose. Anything they win they also squander it. They have businesses, shares, stocks & dividends to sustain them. That's why the poor hopes to get richer and each time they gamble they are telling themselves they are 'buying' a hope.

    Probability would have taught us better!



    Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    Yes, true again. The bulk will be locals, because it is in S'pore..... yeah? I suppose you don't fully see how the economy works (even without a casino)? I'm no expert (truely), but isn't it something like I am making my living out of you, just as you are making your living out of me? Go ahead and make it sound ugly, because that's just what it is.
    The economy works towards the gahmen only what, isn't it?

    Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    Does anyone think casinos make profit from the common looking-to-strike-rich man? Let's give it 75% of such customers.
    Who are the real customers casinos look for? Well, the rich gamblers of 'cos! Those who live the high life of risk-taking and specifically visit casinos to really PLAY for money. Maybe even partake in poker competitions, god knows. So 25% (i might be too generous) of such customers. What are the overheads on an avg day a casino might run to? Do they depend on the $$$ from 75% of the avg pple to break even? Or do you think they would consider investing to that 25% to maybe make a profit?
    Ohhh nooooo, they don't make profit the drain the customers dry. Like you said, the casinos look for REAL customers, what can SG provide? White collared middle-aged men who have families and still paying off car/housing loans and kid's school fees. They will be the ones visiting more often than tourists.

    Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    It's like a bank. They don't make money from avg people opening an account and putting their life savings into them. In fact, they lose money for such a thing. It's the big accounts from big companies they make their real money from.
    You're wrong, where would the banks make money if they didn't have our money? It's a known fact banks are there to loan money out to companies, but they still need money to operate, and there you go, it comes from us. And the little bit of miserable interest they return us...

  3. #83

    Default

    Can someone convince the garment that if there is no casino there will be less social ills that entail?

    How about those speculating in the share market? why no public outcry and protest? I have more friends who dieded, burned in the share-market then those who visit genting.

  4. #84
    Senior Member icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East
    Posts
    3,874

    Exclamation

    Sigh, if only we can vote like this in real life.... we don't have any say in this pseudo-democratic society of singapore......
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

  5. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    In this small world
    Posts
    3,142

    Default

    espn:

    I think you are too stress out. From the way you say it, just because some FT are craps (I do admit but NOT ALL FT are), there are also a lot more Singaporeans are craps too. Lastly, by your way of defining FT (just because you happen to know some FT that are craps), I would dare say CSers are craps (yes that includes me) because there craps like ____ (you fill in the blanks)


    Oh yes, you prove the professional photographers in SG that CS is a crap place because of the crappy people here like ____ (you fill in the blanks).

  6. #86
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    I WILL NOT hesitate to repeat that if necessary. Just my 0.02c.





    Anyway - http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/sports/...86471,00.html?

    Well said. But too bad, the plan will go ahead regardless what. The gahmen already gave time for talk shows & interviews & road interviews of people's opinion, so now that's done, they will go ahead.
    Preharps those FT you know are what you say they are by your own std. That I cant disagree.

    But the FT I know are , like my bro xl1
    Last edited by denniskee; 12th April 2005 at 06:55 PM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  7. #87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    The economy works towards the gahmen only what, isn't it?
    If the economy only works towards the government, you will still be earning a monthly salary of 200 bucks like what our parents did.
    When I do right, no one remembers. When I do wrong, no one ever forgets.

  8. #88

    Default

    hmmm, the entire *** cabinet supports ah lee's idea so much. will they be getting a fair share of the juicy profit as well? if i supported the idea, may i get a share too?

  9. #89

    Default Lame quote of the day

    "不开赌场麻烦更多" - grandpa lee [lianhe zaobao 16/4/2005].

  10. #90
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Toa Payoh
    Posts
    53

    Default

    i wonder who started the idea??

  11. #91

    Default

    well, decision has be made. economic benefits overule all morale, race n religious organizations plus banal talks. nearly puked at the tv when the parliament was explaining themselves on CNA just now.... the lameness of the explainations....

  12. #92
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Somewhere out there
    Posts
    183

    Default

    aiyah, expected la..... decision made long time ago, all these are just wayang.

    i just don believe there are no better way to increase tourism. They keep insisting that the casino is just a small part of this integrated resort, then why not just have the integrated resort less the casino??? like UNiversal Studio, Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, Redflag, etc ....

    the govt wont hear us talk, so i suppose can only show during the elections

  13. #93
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    woodlands baby!
    Posts
    281

    Default

    YAY!!!!! I told you guys there will be a casino..... bleah all you moralistic cry babies~!...

    face it honesty dosent pay and the immorals earn big bucks!

  14. #94

    Default

    Its not a casino its a family entertainment centre like SAFRA or a NTUC resort.

  15. #95

    Default

    In the first place I dont even consider casinos as "immorale." I am quite happy with this annoucenment, and I look forward to their completion. Hopefully, more casinos will come....maybe one on Tekong.
    D300s D200 350D | N18-200VRII N18-70 N50 TK12-24 S70-300 TR18-200

  16. #96
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reno77
    Its not a casino its a family entertainment centre like SAFRA or a NTUC resort.
    you are right but casino is still the main draw on this issue. family entertainment is just a side track. casino will still earn more ca$h than the other facilities.

  17. #97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    you are right but casino is still the main draw on this issue. family entertainment is just a side track. casino will still earn more ca$h than the other facilities.
    And if that happens, the company will have to pay for it.
    D300s D200 350D | N18-200VRII N18-70 N50 TK12-24 S70-300 TR18-200

  18. #98
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Well, trying to be positive about it, at least there will be more landmarks to shoot in Singapore. (especially night shoot - hopefully they built it with good flashy lightings.)

  19. #99
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    woodlands baby!
    Posts
    281

    Default

    i personally dont like gambling nor see myself visitng the casino/resort come 2009 but i do agree that it would bring in money to spore.

    the goverment say the actualy casino will occupie not more than 3-5% of the resort area, but what that got to do with anything?...i dont see how the physical size of the casino will placate anyone....let alone 2 casino resorts.
    crafty i say.... goverment still think we are the uneducated simpletons of the early days.

    and EH ESPN YOU CLITLICKER PM LEE ALSO SAID THE SAME THING I DID ON THE PARLIAMENT HIGHLIGHTS -CLEAN WATER BEARS NO FISHES!
    DICK

  20. #100
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeowww
    aiyah, expected la..... decision made long time ago, all these are just wayang.

    i just don believe there are no better way to increase tourism. They keep insisting that the casino is just a small part of this integrated resort, then why not just have the integrated resort less the casino??? like UNiversal Studio, Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, Redflag, etc ....

    the govt wont hear us talk, so i suppose can only show during the elections
    I don't think Disneyland etc and rides parks work in Singapore, because
    1) lousy weather, if it is not too hot, then it is too wet and everytime humid, all sweaty.
    2) if accident (even a small one) happens at any rides, then the park is as good as dead, because there are going to be lots of inquiries etc, in the end the rides will be the mild, boring, can fall asleep mr bean style, types.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •