Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Thread: LKY at the rally?

  1. #21

    Default Re: LKY at the rally?

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    If the party wan to double their million dollars salary, 10 million population is their target
    and where did you dig that logic from?

  2. #22
    Moderator nitewalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,628
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

    and where did you dig that logic from?
    We are seeing quite a number of strange people in this section lately.

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nitewalk View Post

    We are seeing quite a number of strange people in this section lately.
    Yup...

    Also to TS: that guy sells it. I heard it's like a few hundred bucks a pop.

    I'm thinking to get one for some fun

  4. #24
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: LKY at the rally?

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    Yup...

    Also to TS: that guy sells it. I heard it's like a few hundred bucks a pop.

    I'm thinking to get one for some fun
    Ya, realised it from bro Catchlight's fb link.
    But he wasn't selling at that particular rally, only walking around to attract attention.

    Good idea to purchase, waiting for the LHL version? LOLLL

    The TT one is not bad too, you know. Looks quite cute
    Last edited by d2xpeter; 2nd May 2013 at 08:45 AM.

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post

    Ya, realised it from bro Catchlight's fb link.
    But he wasn't selling at that particular rally, only walking around to attract attention.

    Good idea to purchase, waiting for the LHL version? LOLLL

    The TT one is not bad too, you know. Looks quite cute
    Maybe. But most likely will get the LKY version first. If we wait for his passing to purchase, the price will skyrocket

  6. #26

    Default Re: LKY at the rally?

    Turnout was good enough to fill Hong Lim Park.
    With the mainstream media giving little coverage its still pretty good showing.
    But I think turnout for future such events will get worse, with Singaporean's short memories and let others do the footwork attitude.


    I was surprised at the large number of long lenses I saw there.
    Lots of 70-200 and quite a few 300mm (probably f2.8 from the size)


    The ppl with the banners/placards/masks and this guy with the LKY 'mini me' makes the event, imo.

  7. #27
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: LKY at the rally?

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Turnout was good enough to fill Hong Lim Park.
    With the mainstream media giving little coverage its still pretty good showing.
    But I think turnout for future such events will get worse, with Singaporean's short memories and let others do the footwork attitude.


    I was surprised at the large number of long lenses I saw there.
    Lots of 70-200 and quite a few 300mm (probably f2.8 from the size)


    The ppl with the banners/placards/masks and this guy with the LKY 'mini me' makes the event, imo.
    ya, turnout is not bad, my lens not wide enough to capture those to the left.

    watch CNA news last night...didn't even show the crowd. LOLLLL


  8. #28
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: LKY at the rally?

    pledge ourselves as one united people....LOLLLL


  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    pledge ourselves as one united people....LOLLLL
    Not "Merdeka!!!!!!!"?


  10. #30
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: LKY at the rally?

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    Not "Merdeka!!!!!!!"?


    "Merdeka !!!" belongs to him....




    The pledge came after the Merdeka.

    Forgotten your history lessons?? LOLLL
    Last edited by d2xpeter; 2nd May 2013 at 11:50 AM.

  11. #31

    Default Re: LKY at the rally?

    Double the population, double the GDP & Reserves, double the administration, then double the pay. Heavier responsibilities = bigger pay; besides increments, bonuses, incentives, inflationary adjustments etc. Already we are the only country in the world with three prime/former prime ministers to run the country & a ceremonial president whose pay is higher than the prime minister.

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    If the party wan to double their million dollars salary, 10 million population is their target
    Last edited by s1221ljc; 2nd May 2013 at 01:27 PM.

  12. #32

    Default Re: LKY at the rally?

    Quote Originally Posted by s1221ljc View Post
    Double the population, double the GDP & Reserves, double the administration, then double the pay. Heavier responsibilities = bigger pay; besides increments, bonuses, incentives, inflationary adjustments etc. Already we are the only country in the world with three prime/former prime ministers to run the country & a ceremonial president whose pay is higher than the prime minister.
    i thought president's pay already cut to less than PM?

  13. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post

    "Merdeka !!!" belongs to him....

    The pledge came after the Merdeka.

    Forgotten your history lessons?? LOLLL
    I'm not local.

    But i do know what merdeka stands for and it most certainly isn't a word/term that was coined by him, and that only he can use it.

    Forgotten Singapore's original official language much, uncle?

  14. #34
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: LKY at the rally?

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    I'm not local.

    But i do know what merdeka stands for and it most certainly isn't a word/term that was coined by him, and that only he can use it.

    Forgotten Singapore's original official language much, uncle?
    I know for sure, Merdeka is a malay word for independence. The term can't be coined by him.

    Just watch those malay movies with struggle against foreign occupation themes. Sure find the word merdeka used everywhere through out the movie.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  15. #35
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: LKY at the rally?

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    I'm not local.
    Hot Ang Moh Gal. Weee.....
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  16. #36
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: LKY at the rally?

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    I'm not local.

    But i do know what merdeka stands for and it most certainly isn't a word/term that was coined by him, and that only he can use it.

    Forgotten Singapore's original official language much, uncle?
    when i said belongs to him i mean this word was uttered by him during our independence.
    The word is "independence" in Malay [is still our national language, fyi]

    you are not local? must be some hot young japanese babe?

  17. #37
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: LKY at the rally?

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    pledge ourselves as one united people....LOLLLL
    That's new, I never knew I need to bring around my IC and raise it in the air when taking the pledge.

    I always put my right hand on my heart, because that's what's important... Your heart.

  18. #38

    Default Re: LKY at the rally?

    all this Nationalistic behavior reminds me of this image:




  19. #39
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Default Re: LKY at the rally?

    They've marketed it as 6.9 million but a few of us saw it as 10 million with the amount of space being developed for residential use.

    Now they are manipulating the years for that population surge.

    Look ahead to 10 million people by 2100?
    Last edited by xtemujin; 2nd May 2013 at 04:39 PM.

  20. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    They've marketed it as 6.9 million but a few of us saw it as 10 million with the amount of space being developed for residential use.

    Now they are manipulating the years for that population surge.

    Look ahead to 10 million people by 2100?
    So rather than understanding that a growing population is necessary, you prefer to raise fist and bang table?
    Alpha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •