Thread: "l-bird"

Default "L-BIRD"

Hello Everyone,
    I am a newbie here, learning about finer points on photography. And hope to make new friends too. I am polishing up my shooting & editing skills, in the hope that I can be good enough to join some of you Profs sometime at your shoot outings. Many of your outings photos, even the dialogues are really making me drool. Thinking of upgrading my water pistols too. Label me an “L-Bird” if you will, not “Albert”.

Right now, I am seeking any advise on uploading quality pictures onto websites with no or little noise. And also with the files compressed.

Which software/s shall I use to resize, for trimming, compressing & uploading? I have experimented with several softwares , but very good clear pictures get noisy, or even distorted upon uploading to a website.

I have some pictures at Clubsnap here:
    http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showgall...0&ppuser=17765

Please feel free to visit them & pass any constructive comments. Any good advise, simple or advanced would be very much appreciated.

Thanks to all for your kind attention & I look forward to hearing from anyone. For helpful “Sze Fus”, first coffee on me when I get to meet you in future.

David.
    daviddino@gmail.com; mobile; 9191-9096

Default "l-bird"

Hello Everyone,
    I am a newbie here, learning about finer points on photography. And hope to make new friends too. I am polishing up my shooting & editing skills, in the hope that I can be good enough to join some of you Profs sometime at your shoot outings. Many of the outings photos, even the dialogues are really making me drool. Thinking of upgrading my water pistols too. Label me an “L-Bird” if you will, not “Albert”.

Right now, I am seeking any advise on uploading quality pictures onto websites with no or little noise. And also with the files compressed.

Which software/s shall I use to resize, for trimming, compressing & uploading? I have experimented with several softwares , but very good clear pictures get noisy, or even distorted upon uploading to a website.

I have some pictures at Clubsnap here:

Please feel free to visit them & pass any constructive comments. Any good advise, simple or advanced would be very much appreciated.

Thanks to all for your kind attention & I look forward to hearing from anyone. For helpful “Sze Fus”, first coffee on me when I get to meet you in future.

David.
    daviddino@gmail.com; mobile; 9191-9096

Right now, I am seeking any advise on uploading quality pictures onto websites with no or little noise. And also with the files compressed:
    This Club Snap gallery has a very little file size limitation, and yes, normally pictures will lose quality if you compress your files too hard. In fact, I suggest uploading your less-compressed images to places like http://imageshack.us and linking allows you to show up larger files up to like 1MB. (However, please note that large files take more time to download.)

Which software/s shall I use to resize, for trimming, compressing & uploading?
    Most people would say AdobePhotoshop for resizing, trimming and compressing. Neverthless, if you do not want to purchase AdobePhotoshop, there is a stripped down version of Photoshop called "Adobe Photoshop Elements", which normally comes in bundle with most of the DSLR cameras. You can use it as an alternative.
    For uploading? Well, InternetExplorer will do a good job, as long as your image is resized and compressed according to the requirements of the website.

Please feel free to visit them & pass any constructive comments.
    Well I dont have much comments, for I am also just an amateur in Photography. Good luck with your shooting.

Cheers!
    My Gallery at DeviantART http://waiaung.deviantart.com

Just for batch resizing and convertion, I like Irfanview

HEY........I am newbie too.I am using the irfanview too to resizing.I think it is good.

Blog Entries

did you get my email?

Sorry for this but for your info, I don't think this is the right place to post this thread.

Default L-Bird

Hello,
    Thanks to Mr Waiaung.
    Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it very much. Coffee on me when we meet.

David
    daviddino@gmail.com
    Mob:91919096.

Quote Originally Posted by SHNAPPY SHAPPY
    HEY........I am newbie too.I am using the irfanview too to resizing.I think it is good.

simple and effective, just for newbs like us

Default L-Bird

Hello Everyone,
    Thanks for your reply. All are really prompt. I will try to get the Irfanview.Have not tried this before. Thanks to Shappy,Blimmer for your assurance.

Mr Ortega,thanks for your previous comments on my "Dusk".
    Sorry on this; I really did not receive your email. I really have been waiting for your reply actually or phonecall. Not trying to "polish" or anything, but your works are some that made me drool. I hope you will christen me with tiny bit of your supreme skills & tutorlage in future, with fees like coffee on me. You are one potential Sze Fu of mine.

Gentlemen, & Ladies(how can I forget), thank you very much. I hope to hear more from you anytime.

David Chong.
    Email: daviddino@gmail.com
    Mob: 9191-9096.

daviddino’s gallery at www.Clupsnap.org
    Last edited by daviddino; 12th April 2005 at 08:04 PM.

hi david

Before you get into trouble with the admin for advertising your non-photography business. i think you should remove the links..

eh? how come become ad to sell things liao?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Pls refrain from advertising of selling non-photographic items.
    Selling of photographic items should also be posted in Buy & Sell or Consumer's Corner only

Blog Entries

Hi David,

Please refrain from posting the same information in multiple sub-forums as that is considered spamming.

Also, please do not blatantly include links in your posts which lead to your off-site, commercial interests. Thanks for your understanding.

Hello Everyone & Darren,

Thanks for all your responses. And very strong yet valuable advises.

Please accept my sincere apologies if any one was uncomfortable with my little humourous poem. Nothing harmful intended except to have comments on my photos here in a humourous way. That was my only intention. All the items are my personal belongings, & I am not a commercial operation at all. There are some other pressing welfare reasons as to why I posted the poem, which I rather not discuss here.

The posting was already removed by Management, I supposed.
    Please kindly accept my sincere apologies here. It will not recurr.

I have explained to the moderator as well,apologised & assure diligence not to have any repetetion.

Thanks & warmest regards to all.

David.
    Last edited by daviddino; 12th April 2005 at 08:01 PM.

Deregistered

Don't worry too much, just shoot more and share will do

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Don't worry too much, just shoot more and share will do
    Dear Espn,
    Thanks for the consolation. Damn very paiseh now. How to go out shooting with you all. I saw some of your photos. Magnificent meercat. Where was it shot?

Thanks.
    David.
    Last edited by daviddino; 13th April 2005 at 07:46 PM.