I have even seen one or two girl staffs on certain fridays in shorts,not even miniskirts,but not a single boy staff in shorts or berms.That is already a singularly distinct and irrefutable inexcusable inequality.At least with miniskirts,they can still claim that it's "different" from shorts,neglecting the fact that men cant wear women clothes while women can do the vice versa.If men continue to keep quiet,we wont just see one or two girls occasionally in shorts;we'd see nearly all of them do so in future,while us boys will still be stuck in longs all year round.It's high time our opinions be heard.If there is any platform where we can voice this,i'd like to hear of it.
OK,i guess im able to paste a few links here,to some articles in support of this cause
Last edited by fabrizzo; 31st May 2014 at 06:51 PM.
come I clap for you.
you have a small mindset if scarcity
one person have means another person deprived?
if you ever did read the Aware anti ns recognition thread you will discover I'm against their similar small minded thinking.
you've made jumping to conclusions an Olympic sport
If it were that easy to make it to an olympic sport,then everyone's an athlete i guess.
do you want your own rights for men
or want women's rights?
or do you just want to wear shorts. I read your posts and it's all complaining about women's dress code (not productive ) instead of advocating how you can improve men's rights (productive )
wise man tell me whiners makes ears hurt
doers gets results
I'm just a regular guy,not some big boss,political figure,lawyer or journalist.If there were anything more i could do towards pinning for this equality i would.Right now i can only try my best to describe the situation to the masses and write down my projected consequences if things continue the way they are.This is what im doing.You can dont be so small minded about the actions people contribute and end up mislabelling them as whining,can anot?You didnt exactly absorb all the "wisdom" those "wise men" imparted u,thats what im guessing.As u can see my question,i ask if theres any other platform where i can make my opinions heard more so,and get others to add in theirs.
Some people just find fault cos they do.Are u one of them?
My bottomline has always been about equal rights.If women needed to abide by equally strict standards,i could not be so shameless as to complain about the standards that men have to abide by.But if otherwise,i believe im fair to say ive a case to bring up,dont i?Saying something,no matter how insignificantg it may seem initially,is still better than doing absolutely nothing,is it now?
Last edited by fabrizzo; 31st May 2014 at 10:02 PM.
The topic is addressed from the wrong end in wrong volume. There is little need to make it a general or fundamental discussion. What is needed here more common sense and a cool headed attitude. Both is difficult to keep for men when facing short skirts. As we have seen here...
2) You missed the somewhat ironic tone of all the postings you have linked.
3) There is little need to turn a fashion trend into some general discussion about equal rights or discussion of office attire. Fashion comes and goes. Sometimes it stirs up emotions to a high level (google about the history of bikini or mini skirt). In case of the shorts: please have a look at sports pictures of the 80s, especially soccer. You will see the same shorts that you now ask for.
4) Ask your boss / HR what is suitable and accepted as office attire. They pay your salary (*hint*). If you can't stand this dependency then it's best to become your own boss (that's your free right that nobody denies you). Then you might see the direct and unfiltered impact on your wallet whether your shorts are accepted by your clients or not.
5) I have personally seen the side effects on men when women come to office in short skirts and other dresses that clearly belong to the evening hours. It definitely does not serve any good purpose.
6) It is possible to wear shorter and more relaxed pants in office, depending on the nature of your job and the general policies in your company. I had this in Germany and it was perfectly fine. But it was none of those types you have linked in your posting.
Last edited by Octarine; 2nd June 2014 at 10:34 AM.
Last edited by Sion; 2nd June 2014 at 12:31 PM.