Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 109

Thread: Getting very UNSAFE

  1. #21
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Getting very UNSAFE

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    Nobody mentioned 2016 so far?!

    I personally think Singapore is TOO safe that people are getting unrealistic expectations about life
    Next up: "Singapore is very unsafe recently, people are dying of heart attacks and cancer"

    And further down the road: "Singapore is very unsafe recently, people are dying of old age"

    Anyways, I've said my piece. Out of here!

  2. #22
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Getting very UNSAFE

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    May 2012 is not recent enough for you?

    I thought you say you read mainstream media for a long time already.

    Fine, Apr 11 then. If 2 years is recent for you still, I rest my case.

    Trees fall in heavy thunderstorm, 1 slams on to 3 cars

    Btw, the NLB website is down, but I wonder if you felt unsafe in 1990 when there were runaway elephants on Pulau Tekong? Did you sweat for our NSFs?

    Singapore Log Elephants Sighted On Tekong : Pagenation
    Runaway elephants. LOLLL that is a good one LOL
    you must well say runaway mas selamat. LOLLLL

  3. #23
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Getting very UNSAFE

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    Nobody mentioned 2016 so far?!

    I personally think Singapore is TOO safe that people are getting unrealistic expectations about life

    Here... I'll add one more
    Fire at Jurong warehouse, SCDF in firefighting and search and rescue operations
    be careful, bro.
    Politics not allowed here, pls.

  4. #24
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: Getting very UNSAFE

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Its coming I tell you !!! Its coming !!!

    Thats why I'm saving money to buy a samurai sword and start practicing with it... like in The Walking Dead Season 3


    You should not limit yourself to a single weapon only. Here, buy this, and practice using every single one of them.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  5. #25
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Getting very UNSAFE

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    Nobody mentioned 2016 so far?!

    I personally think Singapore is TOO safe that people are getting unrealistic expectations about life

    Here... I'll add one more
    Fire at Jurong warehouse, SCDF in firefighting and search and rescue operations

    No one mention [yet] because we are not EDMW...

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  6. #26
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Getting very UNSAFE

    this is cool. My sons will love it


  7. #27
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Getting very UNSAFE

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post


    You should not limit yourself to a single weapon only. Here, buy this, and practice using every single one of them.

    Wow... thxs... cheaper also. A good working Samurai sword from Cold Steel sell for $580 USD...

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  8. #28

    Default Re: Getting very UNSAFE

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Wow... thxs... cheaper also. A good working Samurai sword from Cold Steel sell for $580 USD...
    Any form of blade is rather ineffective for combating the zombies.
    If we need to destroy the brain, hammers, clubs, and flails are better weapons.

  9. #29
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: Getting very UNSAFE

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Wow... thxs... cheaper also. A good working Samurai sword from Cold Steel sell for $580 USD...
    I think the cold steel products not that good. Get from this site. Surely won't chip when cut through zombie's bone. But... still vulnerable against tree fall.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  10. #30
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Getting very UNSAFE

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    Any form of blade is rather ineffective for combating the zombies.
    If we need to destroy the brain, hammers, clubs, and flails are better weapons.

    Flails are a danger to user if you don't know how to use it properly... also need a large space to spin the flail to speed before use... main weakness would be that during impact... infected brain matters fly all over the place... maybe into mouth or eyes of allies.

    Hammers seems good... but not the home version. Too short a handle meaning you don't have range and need to get close. Also, cracking a skull isn't as easy as like TV show... unless the Zombies are pretty much rotten already...


    With Blade weapons... I could chop off the zombie's leg, hand... or with luck, head. While a Zombie won't 'Die' without its body... a biting head without a body to move or hands to grab... I could take time to destroy the head later... At least I hope there is a later


    Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    I think the cold steel products not that good. Get from this site. Surely won't chip when cut through zombie's bone. But... still vulnerable against tree fall.

    Too short.... need weapon with 'reach'...

    And yes... don't thick even a TANK could save you from such a big tree...

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  11. #31

    Default Re: Getting very UNSAFE

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Flails are a danger to user if you don't know how to use it properly... also need a large space to spin the flail to speed before use... main weakness would be that during impact... infected brain matters fly all over the place... maybe into mouth or eyes of allies.

    Hammers seems good... but not the home version. Too short a handle meaning you don't have range and need to get close. Also, cracking a skull isn't as easy as like TV show... unless the Zombies are pretty much rotten already...


    With Blade weapons... I could chop off the zombie's leg, hand... or with luck, head. While a Zombie won't 'Die' without its body... a biting head without a body to move or hands to grab... I could take time to destroy the head later... At least I hope there is a later
    True, but you can't use katana then. The weapon need precise execution, which requires expert practitioner.
    Cutting at wrong angle can bend the blade, or worse.. broke it off.
    I think better use Chinese dadao. My recommendation :



    Can use against Sarah Jessica parker zombie

  12. #32

    Default Re: Getting very UNSAFE

    i think we should learn this to avoid getting killed by falling-anythings in the future:


  13. #33
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Getting very UNSAFE

    seems that people is starting to realise the seriousness of the matter.


  14. #34
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Getting very UNSAFE

    very scary indeed!







  15. #35
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Getting very UNSAFE

    I have a better idea... why don't we stop driving and buying cars... everyone take public transport... we require the companies to armored their buses and cars and trains to Tank grade armor that could survive a shot or 2 from RPGs.... we save the environment from having too many cars... and no more people kill by trees.

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  16. #36

    Default Re: Getting very UNSAFE

    first d2xpeter laughs at ppl for being hypochondriacs (the thread w/ old ppl in chinatown hawker center spraying disinfectant).
    now he has dendrophobia (fear of trees).

  17. #37
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: Getting very UNSAFE

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    I have a better idea... why don't we stop driving and buying cars... everyone take public transport... we require the companies to armored their buses and cars and trains to Tank grade armor that could survive a shot or 2 from RPGs.... we save the environment from having too many cars... and no more people kill by trees.
    Colonial Marine APC
    credit: Larry Lars
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  18. #38
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Getting very UNSAFE

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    True, but you can't use katana then. The weapon need precise execution, which requires expert practitioner.
    Cutting at wrong angle can bend the blade, or worse.. broke it off.
    I think better use Chinese dadao. My recommendation :



    Can use against Sarah Jessica parker zombie

    I know of this blade... Horse Chopping Blade... used during the Song Dynasty... supposedly able to chop a horse in half... but due to its length... hard to use in close quarter combat.

    Read a book by Max Brook titled - The Zombie Survival Guide... nice back story what is a Zombie... and how to arm ourselves... and yes, he also don't recommend using Samurai Swords due to the years of training needed to handle it without killing yourself.... But I'm sure you'll look real cool using one during the Zombie Apocalypse...

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  19. #39
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Getting very UNSAFE

    it is time for TS to do some shopping for new transports.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  20. #40
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Getting very UNSAFE

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    it is time for TS to do some shopping for new transports.
    you are sure these can withstand the big rain tree? LOL, falling from those heights??? LOLLL

    give you an analogy.
    normal car is like tofu to the tree.
    these "armored" is like aluminium can only. LOLLL

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •