Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: traffic jam/ accident and Ambulance

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    isn't there something called Road Shoulder...hmmm.
    Not everywhere. We don't really have the space for it

Default Re: traffic jam/ accident and Ambulance

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    say AYE towards Jurong got an accident with casualty. and ambulance was dispatched from Alexander.

in addition the traffic jam was all the to CTE

My goodness how can the ambulance reach the accident site and sent the victim to hospital on time.

pondering...

why can't they despatch an ambulance from the opposite direction and stopped at the crash site. wouldn't that be more effective?
    No. The most effective way is heli evac. Will you see one if some super big shot is involved in a crash I guess..

Quote Originally Posted by chillicutter View Post
    No. The most effective way is heli evac. Will you see one if some super big shot is involved in a crash I guess..
    What if the big shot suffered only very light injury in the traffic accident. And is medically evacuated by helicopter. Unfortunately the helicopter malfunctioned and crashed on the way back to the hospital, killing the big shot and all crew on board.

Unacceptable Risk: The Troubling Medical Helicopter Safety Record

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by chillicutter View Post
    Quoting someone's else reply to this in an earlier post.....

"*facepalm*

you sure you can do that with Singaporean drivers around? "

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    You don't get it.

If the patient is already surrounded by traffic. The ambulance will still have to negotiate the jam to get to him doesn't it?
    yes. yes. that's why the question of alternative route to reach the victim was bought up in my first post. i.e. coming in by the opposite route if it is not jam

if they choose to go directly to the victim via the accident path, then it is heading straight into the traffic jam. you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    Air ambulance?
    feasible in singapore?

Not allowed due to high density living... - only Helo here are military, plus one at ST Aerospace as far as I know.

( ever tried to do a helicopter scenic tour here.... like most other cities of the world. )
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    yes. yes. that's why the question of alternative route to reach the victim was bought up in my first post. i.e. coming in by the opposite route if it is not jam

if they choose to go directly to the victim via the accident path, then it is heading straight into the traffic jam. you get it?
    I rest my case. Apparently, you can't knock sense into a person who have decided not to listen.....

Deregistered

think the TS has brought up a very important topic for discussion here.
    And he is trying to think of the box to see if there is a better way of doing things, not necessary by the rule, by the book or by whatever shxx, to see if we could save lives.
    this is good thinking and the relevant authorities should seriously consider alternative methods during such situation, in order to get to the casualties AFAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    I rest my case. Apparently, you can't knock sense into a person who have decided not to listen.....
    ok ....

And he is trying to think of the box to see if there is a better way of doing things, not necessary by the rule, by the book or by whatever shxx, to see if we could save lives.
    this is good thinking and the relevant authorities should seriously consider alternative methods during such situation, in order to get to the casualties AFAP.
    apparently TS has been told how absurd and not-doable his ideas are... yet he insists on harping on them...

honestly... the fault appears not to lie with the government... but rather the citizens who have to learn to give way to accident vehicles. even if all the traffic were at a stand-still, there are ways to move out of the way, as i've seen during the Youth Olympics. major accidents along the PIE on one rainy morning. all vehicles moved to the side to allow the police and ambulances to move through.

Where Bears Roam Free: YOG Bus Accident - 2 different versions

haven't seen that since.

i've also been in accidents myself and to be frank, everyone just slows down and gawk. but they would rather move on than to allow the ambulance to reach the victims... as seen in my last accident when the traffic police officer was scolded by a busybody on a bike who arrived 10 minutes after the crash to tell the officer that he's a witness (my arse). and when the ambulance arrived to send me to the hospital, no one wanted to let it through. the driver forced his way through by cutting in front of other cars.

so there. you have the typical Singaporean road user.

The foolproof way is to use helicopters.

Are you going to chip in to the "Buy A Helicopter For SGH" fund?

there is no box...

Quote Originally Posted by cks2k2 View Post
    there is no box...
    Between you and me, I'm sick and tired of everyone chanting "Think out of the box". It's the new box.

Stop Thinking Outside the Box - Dan Pallotta - Harvard Business Review

The exhortation to think outside the box has become ubiquitous in business. So much so that it has become the new box inside of which everyone thinks. It pays lip service to the notion of transformation without really understanding the difference between transformation and change, and often without tolerance for the real thinking that must occur for an idea to be truly outside the existing paradigm.

But worse than that, the advice is backwards. You cannot possibly think outside the box unless you understand the nature of the box that bounds your current thinking. You must come to know that nature deeply. You must have real insight into it. You must accept it, and embrace it at some level, before it will ever release you.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    apparently TS has been told how absurd and not-doable his ideas are... yet he insists on harping on them...

honestly... the fault appears not to lie with the government... but rather the citizens who have to learn to give way to accident vehicles. even if all the traffic were at a stand-still, there are ways to move out of the way, as i've seen during the Youth Olympics. major accidents along the PIE on one rainy morning. all vehicles moved to the side to allow the police and ambulances to move through.

Where Bears Roam Free: YOG Bus Accident - 2 different versions

haven't seen that since.

i've also been in accidents myself and to be frank, everyone just slows down and gawk. but they would rather move on than to allow the ambulance to reach the victims... as seen in my last accident when the traffic police officer was scolded by a busybody on a bike who arrived 10 minutes after the crash to tell the officer that he's a witness (my arse). and when the ambulance arrived to send me to the hospital, no one wanted to let it through. the driver forced his way through by cutting in front of other cars.

so there. you have the typical Singaporean road user.
    agree with you on the "slows down and gawk" thingy. Really pixxxx me off. It is so frustrating to see that the road was clear and traffic moves on as usual after the slowing-down point.
    And also on the not-giving way attitude.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Between you and me, I'm sick and tired of everyone chanting "Think out of the box". It's the new box.

Stop Thinking Outside the Box - Dan Pallotta - Harvard Business Review
    or should i say think creatively. LOL

Deregistered

The foolproof way is to use helicopters.

Are you going to chip in to the "Buy A Helicopter For SGH" fund?
    no lah, someone already said heli not feasible in singapore liao.

no lah, someone already said heli not feasible in singapore liao.
    Oh, so if someone says "let's stop talking about it" you will listen?

Since we like talking about helis, look at Israel's AirMule.

Granted it's still a prototype and probably cost a gazillion dollars each.

Deregistered

Oh, so if someone says "let's stop talking about it" you will listen?
    no lah, just like you mention about heli being the most effective after i hv already first said it and another one already said it. LOLLLL. After that , you said it again. LOLLL

i know you are cat, but don't be a copy cat. LOLLLL
    Last edited by d2xpeter; 30th April 2013 at 11:35 PM.

all the cats are piling in !
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast