Thread: short of getting a new DVD player, anywhere i can buy Region 3 DVD locally?

Blog Entries

Default short of getting a new DVD player, anywhere i can buy Region 3 DVD locally?

hi folks!

hope there are some DVD-philes can help me out here? i'm into collecting old (circa 1950s-1960s, and some 1970s) movies. problem is places like amazon and barnesandnoble.com only sell region 1 DVDs. my home DVD player only works for region 3. short of getting a new mult-region DVD player, is there any place or any online shops dat sells really old movies in region 3?

carrefour used to stock those value-pack $10 DVD. but, lately, they stop stocking the old titles and replaced them with newer movies. sigh....

ps: dun bother suggesting to go JB and buy 'friendly' copies, hor?
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

sim lim square have, think is oscar or something, just level 3 around the escalator... see alot of old dvds, but not sure if its your type...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    sim lim square have, think is oscar or something, just level 3 around the escalator... see alot of old dvds, but not sure if its your type...
    think 'the king and i', 'guns of navaron', 'the eagle has landed', 'sands of iwo jima', 'battle of midway', the entire 'dirty harry' series..... and u'll get my idea of 'old movies'...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

i think i saw those doc zhivago or something kinda era shows on sale there... i'm not into that era show... sorry about it... anyway, its prominently placed at the entrance in paper crates.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    i think i saw those doc zhivago or something kinda era shows on sale there... i'm not into that era show... sorry about it... anyway, its prominently placed at the entrance in paper crates.
    heehee... its okie DCA. most of my colleagues at work, when i asked them the same question, they went... or or ... take ur pick!

NW, why not a new DVD player ? Some of the cheaper brands sell for less than $100, and multi-region to boot.

Or if you queued up at Giant Marina yesterday, spend $30 on groceries and get an LG free

i think just get a new DVD player?

maybe an ENZER or AKIRA one will suffice?

actually brands like philips, pioneer are region free, only minority still stuck with the 'rules & regulations' of using region lock, like sony... besides, sony can't read majority of the media as well... sometimes the cheapest seems to be the best to read all medias, like someone mention the enzer & akira ones... only thing to differentiate is quality over compatibility...

Blog Entries

hey, guys!

yeah. me bodoh lor... when i bought my DVD player a couple of years ago at HV, forgot to check whether JVC is multi-code. now dat i found out my fav oldies on amazon are all code-1...

anyway, i shld be going to SLS to check out the store recommended by DCA. hopefully, they still carry oldies...

Just a warning: The oldies you find in Singapore may be unlicensed (no matter how many green stickers are pasted on it). So buy at your own risk.

I suggest buying a new DVD player. It will be better in the long run.