Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: Do check-in your camera?

  1. #41
    Moderator keithwee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LittleRedDot
    Posts
    7,890

    Default Re: Do check-in your camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by steventay View Post
    get Sony RX100
    bro, RX100 is good. But expensive ;/ I not so rich haha

  2. #42

    Default Re: Do check-in your camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by keithwee View Post
    bro, RX100 is good. But expensive ;/ I not so rich haha
    get LX7
    Newbie in photography.
    OMD EM-5, 12-50mm

  3. #43

    Default Re: Do check-in your camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra118 View Post
    Sorry for asking.

    For those who went overseas with tripod, do you guys check in the tripod with the luggage or carry on?
    Personally, I always place tripod in check-in luggage. Ipad, camera and lenses goes in the carry-on.

  4. #44
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Do check-in your camera?

    I check in the spare body and the film camera in luggage. The other one is carried-on

    Ryan

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Do check-in your camera?

    If you fly Alitalia.

    Please note.

    19 Alitalia workers arrested in Rome for stealing luggage

    Rome Alitalia baggage handlers arrested over thefts

    The BBC TV news reported that if the luggage was well locked and the thieves were not able to open them to steal; they would damage the luggage as a retaliation.

    I think our SATS in Changi Airport should install similar hidden CCTV surveillance inside the baggage handling area.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 5th May 2013 at 06:38 PM.

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: Do check-in your camera?

    Nowadays. I like to board the plane with just my mobile phone.

    I will check in both my laptop and DSLR. I make sure my laptop is kept inside a bubble wrap and my DSLR and lenses in pouches. If they go missing, I will make a police report and claim from insurance. Then will go buy new toys.

    Sometimes it is a pain to go through those security checks with so many gears. Many people are flouting the rules and bring more than what they can carry on. Sometimes you don't have space if you board the aircraft late.

  7. #47
    Member Aikiway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    on the east side of Singapore
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Nowadays. I like to board the plane with just my mobile phone.

    I will check in both my laptop and DSLR. I make sure my laptop is kept inside a bubble wrap and my DSLR and lenses in pouches. If they go missing, I will make a police report and claim from insurance. Then will go buy new toys.

    Sometimes it is a pain to go through those security checks with so many gears. Many people are flouting the rules and bring more than what they can carry on. Sometimes you don't have space if you board the aircraft late.
    The insurance claim enough meh? Recall like 2k average only.
    ==================================================
    Canon 5DMK3 |Fujifilm X-E2, X-T1|

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: Do check-in your camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aikiway View Post
    The insurance claim enough meh? Recall like 2k average only.
    2k per item not exceeding 12k in total. So won't bring anything more than 2k.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •