Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fashion Version 3.0 (15th May 2005)

Quote Originally Posted by student
    I know nuts about Fashion photograghy. Absolutely nuts! Zilch! Kosong!

But I do know a little about teaching. Been a teacher for 16 years before certain unpleasant circumstances terminated my teaching career.

What I know is that if I apply what I consider to be adequate standards to qualify as a teacher, I will never teach!

Teaching and learning is two way. It goes on all the time. Teaching forces me to clarify my thoughts and precepts in order to simplify and communicate to my students. My students in turn stimulate my thinking, giving me new ideas to work on. I never lose by teaching. Even to just one student. And if humility be the order of the day, my students and myself both learn. Hopefully "students" and "teacher" both learn.

I think if we think of teaching as a learning process for teacher and students, we all can teach and learn. Some perhaps better on one side of the process than the other.
    Thank you Pak Cik Chong! Good that you think that way. Anyway, teaching is quite interesting as you really learn a lot of new ideas from all walks of life! So when you dropping by again to the studio???

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Thank you Pak Cik Chong! Good that you think that way. Anyway, teaching is quite interesting as you really learn a lot of new ideas from all walks of life! So when you dropping by again to the studio???
    Last week I was at Seng Cheong to collect some stuff. Wanted to pay sifu a visit. But the sky was threatening! So when I saw a taxi, I immediately hopped in! Well, another time!

I know nuts about Fashion photograghy. Absolutely nuts! Zilch! Kosong!

But I do know a little about teaching. Been a teacher for 16 years before certain unpleasant circumstances terminated my teaching career.

What I know is that if I apply what I consider to be adequate standards to qualify as a teacher, I will never teach!

Teaching and learning is two way. It goes on all the time. Teaching forces me to clarify my thoughts and precepts in order to simplify and communicate to my students. My students in turn stimulate my thinking, giving me new ideas to work on. I never lose by teaching. Even to just one student. And if humility be the order of the day, my students and myself both learn. Hopefully "students" and "teacher" both learn.

I think if we think of teaching as a learning process for teacher and students, we all can teach and learn. Some perhaps better on one side of the process than the other.
    point taken.

Last week I was at Seng Cheong to collect some stuff. Wanted to pay sifu a visit. But the sky was threatening! So when I saw a taxi, I immediately hopped in! Well, another time!
    Very funny, what sifu? You are the sifu lar.....

I heard the guys are going to Arab St again this Sunday.....going?

Very funny, what sifu? You are the sifu lar.....

I heard the guys are going to Arab St again this Sunday.....going?
    I don't know the time. Family man, you know. Not these carefree young man! If they are meeting 2-4 pm, I can join them for kopi. (Just bought my missus a Canon A95. So she is attending a "workshop" at that time! Sneaky me! )

I don't know the time. Family man, you know. Not these carefree young man! If they are meeting 2-4 pm, I can join them for kopi. (Just bought my missus a Canon A95. So she is attending a "workshop" at that time! Sneaky me! )
    I see.....2-4pm in Arab Street? You want to lose weight is it? It's like an oven from 2-5pm in Arab St.....I think the guys will go later about 8pm-10pm to share some photos they have shot.

What she needs to attend a workshop? I thought you will be the one teaching her???

I see.....2-4pm in Arab Street? You want to lose weight is it? It's like an oven from 2-5pm in Arab St.....I think the guys will go later about 8pm-10pm to share some photos they have shot.

What she needs to attend a workshop? I thought you will be the one teaching her???
    Actually I am trying to find a way to lose weight! Hmm, good idea!

Regarding missus. Well, ulterior motive! So that I can be free ! Yeh!

PBS,

thanks for all the explanation. yet i still think if you think others are doing the wrong thing, heading towards the wrong direction, and you really care, you then should show others what you think is right, lead them into the right path. this process may be painful, no tangible rewards, may even attract unnecessary attentions, some nasty words from certain ppl. but if you really care, please do it, even just a small step at a time. if you have strong desire to do it, you will figure out a way.

Quote Originally Posted by pointblankshots
    I didn't come into this thread to take business away from our friend here, because again, till now, I've never offered a solution in wanting to teach Fashion Photography. Ultimately, I will never be good enough to teach.
    for this, you think too much. i have no stake in SLCC or with Pro Image, although he taught me before.

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda
    PBS,

thanks for all the explanation. yet i still think if you think others are doing the wrong thing, heading towards the wrong direction, and you really care, you then should show others what you think is right, lead them into the right path. this process may be painful, no tangible rewards, may even attract unnecessary attentions, some nasty words from certain ppl. but if you really care, please do it, even just a small step at a time. if you have strong desire to do it, you will figure out a way.

for this, you think too much. i have no stake in SLCC or with Pro Image, although he taught me before.
    Sorry barracuda, mistaken another student for you. You are actually Mr L. Haha....!

Anyway thanks for your fullest support and not forgetting other members as well.

My Fashion Course will start much later due to commitment to my client. As I do not want to disappoint any of the members who participate and I do not like to stop in the middle as this will interrupt the work flow.

Thanks student, PBS and barracuda for all the explaination to the members in ClubSNAP.

Well said, student ! It is very hard to teach effectively, and therefore my deep respect to the people who do it with a passion (and that includes the 3 "stars" of this thread ... PBS, ProImage & last but not least, student ... you gave more to society that you will ever know).

Having been a teacher, I feel that I am now a better student.

Quote Originally Posted by ericp
    Well said, student ! It is very hard to teach effectively, and therefore my deep respect to the people who do it with a passion (and that includes the 3 "stars" of this thread ... PBS, ProImage & last but not least, student ... you gave more to society that you will ever know).

Having been a teacher, I feel that I am now a better student.
    Yes being a photographer is one thing. Being a teacher is another but you still can blend in the two on what you experience and put it to good use to share with others.

That's how I learn from my mentors in Australia. They are willing to share and in return they learn from us as well. I am not just sharing my experience with you all but learning from all of you too.

The best part is I make plenty of new friends on and offline. Although some did not participate in my courses but some of us still became great friends.

Quote Originally Posted by ericp
    ... you gave more to society that you will ever know).
    Obviously I meant to write "than" ... d'oh !

Danny, hope to join one of your courses one day !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12