Thread: Is Kodak CX7430 gd?

Default Is Kodak CX7430 gd?

My fren is considering the CX7430 is it gd? The papers advertise selling for $350 with free 256 SD Card.

That will depend on what is your definition of "good" , everyone has different need.

Never used this before so I can't comment.

But generally speaking if your friend is looking for a P&S and printing mostly 4R, I'd dare to say that most major brand today can do a decent job in term of picture quality. It sort of boils down to what sort of ergonomic and interface do you prefer.

Personally, I like Canon, Nikon and Sony for P&S, but that is just my personal taste.

Thks for the reply. Hmm i think he wants a camera that can take indoor/dark pics well, records clips w sounds and a compact size under 400.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Nielson
    That will depend on what is your definition of "good" , everyone has different need.

Never used this before so I can't comment.

But generally speaking if your friend is looking for a P&S and printing mostly 4R, I'd dare to say that most major brand today can do a decent job in term of picture quality. It sort of boils down to what sort of ergonomic and interface do you prefer.

Personally, I like Canon, Nikon and Sony for P&S, but that is just my personal taste.

I think to take good picture indoor or at dark places, what you need is a powerful flash, which is unlikely to be achieved with pocket sized P&S.

However, if your friend are just taking group photos in party may be it is fine, those flash normally is effective upto about 4 m at lowest ISO setting. If underexposed may be can push up the exposure compensation a bit. So in a way, taking pictures is knowing what your equipment can or can not do.

Check this out, not the most detailed review site but it does review quite a lot of P&S camera.

http://www.dcresource.com/

Under 400 seems like he does not have many choice. But for low light shooting get one with AF lamp(a red light that helps the cam forcus), it makes a big differences. Also get one that that will gain up in low light, it is IMPORTANT! How will you frame your shots with a black screen? Esp some cam does not have viewfinder. Can look at Oly or Kodak for under $400. If he can afford alittle more I would recommend Sony W5. I am using W1 and find it good personally.

Thanks for the replies! Sony W5 ok, i go ask my fren.

I saw the papers Canon A510 going at $450, do u think its worth it? Read reviews most r mixed.