Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost Wallet in Food Court

Default Re: Lost Wallet in Food Court

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Someone shared his previous work experience as hotel security management.
    Do you know that in the world, there are very rich but perverted people?
    This is a real life case.
    A very rich American woman (got nothing against USA in general - it is just that in this case, it happened to be a US citizen) stayed at the hotel.
    This lady had the habit of purposely leaving a big stack of US currency (probably hundred dollar bills) on the table in the hotel.
    She has counted them and knew exactly how many there should be.
    Most likely she had recorded all the serial numbers as well.

Why did the American lady do this?
    She wanted to tempt the house cleaners and hotel housekeeping maids into taking one or two US hundred dollar bills, hoping that she would not notice.
    After the theft, she would report that hotel staff stole her money - and she would raise a SUPER big fuss with the hotel management - so as to demand specially good treatment by the hotel.
    She wanted to tempt others and exploit human weakness.
    She wanted to destroy somebody's life when the maid who stole the money is found out and charged in Court.
    This rich American lady enjoyed doing this to other human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    How about no ?

Yeah.. I've heard a few stories about sandals, shoes.. and even clothes missing. Some suspect the cleaner from HDB
    I don't suspect the cleaner cause it's there for month. Only suspect is the one who deliver flyers and the person who moves a bag of papers into the riser. I got suspect my neighbour on top as I quarrel with them before but it's months ago. Anyway, will install camera liao, too quiet for my area, especially no 1 can see what is happening there. So dangerous!

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post

No need so much. My 6th months old sandal, teva, cost $89 also got stolen yesterday as I place it outside the house! My faith in local gone.....
    Lol. I used to have missing slippers, newspaper, bicycle issues until I install a door peeper recorder. I recorded the image of a man going around at 1 am. He saw the sensor installed outside and nothing has been missing since.

Even if u dun want a recorder, putting an empty shell will make any potential thief think twice.
    Last edited by ManWearPants; 26th April 2013 at 01:19 AM.

Just to share my own experience, this happened like late last year. I took a cab to Holland Village for dinner. On alighting at the taxi stand, another young chap boarded the taxi. I went on with my business and halfway through dinner I reached for my pocket and realized my phone was missing. It must have dropped in the taxi. For some reason, my first instinct was to borrow a friend's phone to call Singtel and disable my sim card for fear that whoever took my phone might incur huge charges with it. I was 150% sure I was not getting my phone back. Such was the faith I had in humanity

Before I could do that, my friend pointed out the obvious and suggested that I call my own phone first. I did just that. There was a dial tone and someone (whom I assume to be that young chap who boarded the taxi) answered the call. He passed my phone to the taxi driver who offered to drive back to Holland Village to return my phone. Of course, I offered to pay him the fare of the journey. When he arrived, I gave the cab driver $50 for his troubles (fare was around $20-ish).

In the end, the person I really want to thank is that young chap who picked up my call and passed the phone to the driver. Alas, I will never know who he is except that he alighted at Choa Chu Kang from his cab ride.

Edit: My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3 in case you are wondering
    Last edited by vincentckh87; 26th April 2013 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vincentckh87 View Post
    Just to share my own experience, this happened like late last year. I took a cab to Holland Village for dinner. On alighting at the taxi stand, another young chap boarded the taxi. I went on with my business and halfway through dinner I reached for my pocket and realized my phone was missing. It must have dropped in the taxi. For some reason, my first instinct was to borrow a friend's phone to call Singtel and disable my sim card for fear that whoever took my phone might incur huge charges with it. Such was the faith I had in humanity

Before I could do that, my friend pointed out the obvious and suggested that I call my own phone first. I did just that. There was a dial tone and someone (whom I assume to be that young chap who boarded the taxi) answered the call. He passed my phone to the taxi driver who offered to drive back to Holland Village to return my phone. Of course, I offered to pay him the fare of the journey. When he arrived, I gave the cab driver $50 for his troubles (fare was around $20-ish).

In the end, the person I really want to thank is that young chap who picked up my call and passed the phone to the driver. Alas, I will never know who he is except that he alighted at Choa Chu Kang from his cab ride.

Edit: My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3 in case you are wondering
    Wow faith is restored in humanity

Dropped my wallet once, a kind chap came all the up to my house door and returned it to me.

No problems with town council cleaners too in fact I paid the regular Bangladeshi who mop the lobby early in the morning to wash my car too during weekends and he is more than happy to do it for me.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 26th April 2013 at 10:30 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Reminds me of when my wallet dropped when I was a kid with my ang bao $ inside. About $40, it's a lot to me but when we return to the spot, gone already. Some time there are good people, but not to forget there are also thief who steal on purpose (watch the amazing race and you will know.)
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

For me, my SOP is that if I find a lost wallet I will try to return either by mail or drop into the person's letterbox.
    I will NOT return in person, because I have heard stories of people who returned lost wallets, but the owners claimed that there was supposed to be more money inside.

Almost the same as vincentckh87's experience, though it happened to my boss who lost his phone
    He made arrangements for the cab driver to drop it off in the office
    But when the driver came, boss was in a meeting and told me to get the phone for him, handing over 50 bucks from his wallet for the 'inconvenience'

I got into the cab (only one at the taxi stand), and asked for the phone
    The driver gave me a quick lookover, up and down, and said, you're not the same fella I picked up
    I thought No S*** Sherlock I'm much younger, which led to a protracted discussion about verifying identity
    He was extremely adamant that he give the phone personally to my boss
    Wisely he remarked - you give me $50 and you get iPhone 5, i get in trouble with my company ... then ni zhuan dao horr
    I ended up signing on the back of his receipt book my name, ID, phone number
    -------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12