Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: very efficient indeed...

Deregistered

Default Re: very efficient indeed...

RUSH, RUSH and RUSH....

That is the root cause of the problem.
    Everybody seems to be rushing....drivers, pedestrians, train passengers etc etc.
    The whole society is getting too fast paced, too hectic and coupled with congestion [thanks to the white paper], it is recipe for disaster.

Why are we all rushing? good question! I don't hv the answer.
    I guess that could be the price we need to pay for the continual rise in GDP, minister salary, our salary, blah blah blah. LOL

And people just take the easy way out? Things happened in Tampines, solve the problem in Tampines. Things happened in Clementi, solve the problems in Clementi. Cement mixers and heavy vehicles having problems in smaller roads, move them to expressways. Myopic and sad.

Ya, people also rush to post things on CS.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Ya, people also rush to post things on CS.
    As i said, everybody is rushing. LOL.

to RUSH or not to RUSH. That is the question. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    And people just take the easy way out? Things happened in Tampines, solve the problem in Tampines. Things happened in Clementi, solve the problems in Clementi. Cement mixers and heavy vehicles having problems in smaller roads, move them to expressways. Myopic and sad.
    I agree with this. The relevant departments seem to be taking a reactive approach. They seems to be addressing to a specific case rather than looking at where else in Singapore is likely to face the same issues. There are a lot of heavy vehicles manoeuvring in the 2 lanes roads around my neighbourhood to get to the nearby industrial area. I am writing in to the town council.

Deregistered

young people generally tend to be more myopic in their thinking.
    They are more reactive to what they see near them eg is bus a heavy vehicle?, bus in expressway? etc etc, without much thought to the wider/farther impact.
    As one gets older and wiser, the myopic vision is naturally cured. Their vision becomes more presbyopia, ignoring what is apparent and more focused on the far field vision, the so-called root cause of the problem. LOL

Well whadayaknow!!!

I witnessed this 10 mins ago! One of my workers was cycling and approaching road crossing at speed. He jammed brakes and fell forward onto the road(and incoming traffic). A 4 axle tipper truck had to jam brakes just so to stop in time and not run him over. The truck had the right of way and was not speeding. If that accident did happened, who's at fault?

Come on people! Heavy vehicles are no more dangerous than a bicycle in the wrong hands!!

People are surely get older, but not necessarily wiser.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    People are surely get older, but not necessarily wiser.
    How can you say that.

I am sure that when Misao Okawa passed 110, her eyes could gaze at a newborn baby and tell of his life's transgressions before they had even started. This is the power of age. You must never doubt that.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Well whadayaknow!!!

I witnessed this 10 mins ago! One of my workers was cycling and approaching road crossing at speed. He jammed brakes and fell forward onto the road(and incoming traffic). A 4 axle tipper truck had to jam brakes just so to stop in time and not run him over. The truck had the right of way and was not speeding. If that accident did happened, who's at fault?

Come on people! Heavy vehicles are no more dangerous than a bicycle in the wrong hands!!
    That is why i said the root cause is RUSH. Everybody is rushing. Your worker was most probably rushing back to work so that he wont be late and you would deduct his pay. LOL

And people are myopic enough to say that it is truck's fault, cyclist fault blah, blah, blah, when ultimately the root cause is because someone need to rush back to work to prevent his boss cutting his salary. LOL

That is why i said the root cause is RUSH. Everybody is rushing. Your worker was most probably rushing back to work so that he wont be late and you would deduct his pay. LOL

And people are myopic enough to say that it is truck's fault, cyclist fault blah, blah, blah, when ultimately the root cause is because someone need to rush back to work to prevent his boss cutting his salary. LOL
    You are indeed wise and far-sighted!

You do not know Kit (I think), you also do not know the worker. But you already know them inside out to come to such conclusions so quickly and decisively. It reminds me of General Yang of ages past

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    because they're big, bulky and move slowly. hence to use the expressway, they need to apply for a permit.
    <-- Thanks.

After reading the ONE.MOTORING link, it seems that the permit caters for off-peak travel. Peak period would require special authorisation. If that is the case, that accident would still be unlikely to be prevented as it happens during peak. I would think there are more human traffic during peak hours which increases the risk. To let more heavy vehicles on expressways during peak, I can't fathom the traffic conditions.

His salary don't come from me. Neither will I speculate on the reasons why people get killed on the roads without knowing better. Its just as myopic.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    You are indeed wise and far-sighted!

You do not know Kit (I think), you also do not know the worker. But you already know them inside out to come to such conclusions so quickly and decisively. It reminds me of General Yang of ages past
    thkq very much.
    But obviously he was rushing wasn't he?
    To RUSH or not to RUSH. That is the question.

thkq very much.
    I don't know, I am admittedly myopic and I can only think of the many many many reasons muddling my young little brain. I hope to one day reach the mountain plateau of far-sightedness. As of now the climb is steep.

-Maybe he was dreaming about lunch
    -Or about his kid
    -Or about his pet cat
    -Maybe he was distracted by a leaf falling on his face
    -Maybe he had a muscle spasm which prevented him from braking
    -Maybe he forgot to bring his glasses
    -Maybe Kit was so handsome that he was dazzled
    -Maybe there was an ant biting his buttocks
    -Maybe he saw an old lady crossing the road and was thinking of rushing to her rescue
    -Maybe the UFOs were coming
    -Maybe dinosaurs were hunting him

So many more.. I am young and uncertain of this world. Someday I will achieve full clarity.
    Last edited by edutilos-; 25th April 2013 at 02:13 PM.

thkq very much.
    Its your perogative to assume that he was rushing. Sometimes, I really think assume should be spelt without the m&e.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12