Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sheares Bridge Night View

Quote Originally Posted by josho
    rhair used dark side cam. 30sec explosure, i reckon
    30secs exposure. looks like this is the cons of FZ20. Can never takes that pic. And it really looks like a dragon in the water. Beautiful.

Here are my pics for contribution, rick's light from the boat so long onez mine is a small little boat with one bulb

Last edited by Kavana; 9th April 2005 at 10:30 AM.

Hey, thanx for all the comments given.

Jim, i did take shots after 7pm but they turned out rather....unviewable Still have not figured out why but i guess since now i know how to get there, i might just decide to go again to give another chance at it. You mention that Picture 1 would look better if crop closer. How would you have croped it?? Can use my picture to crop?

tkp77, thanx for the comment. Did try the white balance. For some reason i got a blue picture....God knows what happen to the white balance but after that i ended up using Auto I still find it hard to use manual white balance. Got to work on that.

As for the rest, thanx for looking at my pictures. Hope to post better pictures soon. So much to learn, so little time

Quote Originally Posted by Scann69

Jim, i did take shots after 7pm but they turned out rather....unviewable Still have not figured out why but i guess since now i know how to get there, i might just decide to go again to give another chance at it. You mention that Picture 1 would look better if crop closer. How would you have croped it?? Can use my picture to crop?
    Scan69,

I downloaded your photo, took a look at the histogram, realized that it is way under-exposed.

Here comes the photo that I PSed a little for you:

Work done on this photo:

1. Use PS leveling to correct the exposure.
    2. Cropped away the distraction (bright lights at the right hand side)
    3. Blow the photo up to 120%

Hope you like this better.

Quote Originally Posted by JimDavis
    Scan69,

I downloaded your photo, took a look at the histogram, realized that it is way under-exposed.

Here comes the photo that I PSed a little for you:

Work done on this photo:

1. Use PS leveling to correct the exposure.
    2. Cropped away the distraction (bright lights at the right hand side)
    3. Blow the photo up to 120%

Hope you like this better.
    Hey Jim, thanx for taking the trouble to redo the picture for me. I guess i know what you mean. I guess i still have a lot to learn in terms of composition and PS....i'm totally bad with PS apart from just croping the picture

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12